NY Giants Season 2 Trade Forum

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigTyme21, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BigTyme21

BigTyme21 Walk On

I am in a rebuilding phase since I lost some key people. With that being said, everyone is available for the right price. Let me know what interests you and we can go from there.
    Examples:
    QB Eli Manning - 1st rounder and decent QB
    WR H. Nicks - 1st rounder and decent WR at least an 80 OVR
    RE Tuck - 1st or 2nd rounder and decent RE/LE.

These are just examples but I will be flexible in making the trades work for the right compensation. Outside of replacing the individuals listed, I am looking specifically for CB, TE and one of the type of players that I trade. If I trade my qb, I will need a qb to replace him.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BigTyme21

BigTyme21 Walk On

WR Nicks is available. i just resigned him to a 5 yr 40 million deal that is vary cap friendly to a team looking for a #1 receiver.
    LE Tuck is also available for a cheap price if interested.

Contact me to work out the specifics.

thanks

3. BigTyme21

BigTyme21 Walk On

New York, NY – There is breaking news out of New York in regards to the New York Giants. Coach Jackson has called a special mid week new conference with the press. He is stepping up to the podium now.

Coach Jackson – Thank you for coming out early this morning to meet with me. Hopefully the Chick-Fil-A breakfast will satisfy the early morning stomach growls. But on to the business at hand.

As you probably heard, several stars on our team are available for the right price. We are in a rebuilding phase and some changes probably will be done. Everyone on this team is expendable and yes that includes Eli Manning.

Speaking of Manning, he was involved in trade discussions earlier this week but we had a change of heart. Manning had been underperforming for me since last season and we were looking for a change with the new regime. Manning was told of these conversations and he understands the business. But he did what you would expect from a player of his caliber. He performed like the star that he is.

Over the past two weeks, Manning has been playing with MVP form. His stats are 21 completions out of 34 attempts for an average of 62% completions. He has thrown for 436 yards, 8 touchdowns and no interceptions. With stats like that, and the changes in our division, we thought that it would be better to keep him and ride him out this season. Now we have an adequate replacement in Stackhouse, but we want him to be tutored by one of the best. And Manning has been seen after practice with him late in the night assisting him.

And yes there almost was a deal for some other players including Nicks. We did sign him to a long term deal just in case we need to trade him. It is a cap friendly deal and we did not want to get into a situation like last year with Cruz. We didn’t sign him during the year and had to franchise him at a pop of over $12 million this year. We have Cruz locked up at 5 yrs and a little over $33 million. Nicks has a 5 yr $40 million dollar deal.

Now we did make one deal with the Baltimore Ravens. We traded away our 3rd round pick this year for CB Cary Williams. We got a close up of him last season when we played Baltimore. He was on our radar during the draft but we finally got a deal worked out for him the other night. He will be a great addition to our secondary especially with the losses that we had via free agency. And with our next gaming coming against the talented Falcons, he should add much needed depth to our rotation.

As we head into week 5, the team has been looking good as of lately. If you take away the no-show against Miami, we are undefeated. But the season is long and we have areas in which we can still improve. With that being said, we are looking to move DE Tuck and HB Bradshaw. We have some good youngsters in those positions and we are going to start giving them some playing time as the games dictate.

Well I’ve got to go prepare my team for the Falcons. They are a touch team and they have a very talented coach. We always have a battle when we play each other. I’ve known him for a few years now and it is always a chess match when I play him. Hopefully Manning and the defense will be ready.

With the trading deadline coming up, I will see if there are any other deals out there to be made. So to all GMs and coaches, holler at your boy. You never know what Santa might have for you from the Big Blue.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BigTyme21

BigTyme21 Walk On

FYI................

With the season coming to an end, I will be re-evaluating my entire roster and picks. Just about everyone is available for the right deal except Wilson (HB) and Pierre (RE). Those are definite off limits.

I may be interested in a QB, CB, and MLB to name a few. And of course, a pick or two couldn't hurt the rebuilding process.

5. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

would you be interested in a 2nd rounder and WR Stevie Johnson?