NY Jets Insider Information

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by franzkafka, Dec 15, 2012.

1. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Trade Block
    Tim Tebow (trade with the Steelers fell through) - looking for a possession WR

Pending Trades (Awaiting Approval)

Trades
    Joe McKnight to Green Bay BLACKJ414 for Casey Hayward (CB)
    Darelle Revis to Patriots Snozberriez8198 for Dan Connolly (RG) and Visanthe Shiancoe (TE)

Needs

FA Signings
    Stephon Hervey (RT)
    Armanti Edwards (WR)

Injured Reserve
    Santonio Holmes (WR)

Cuts
    Jason Smith (RT)
    Konrad Reuland (TE)
    Dedrick Epps (TE)
    Tanner Purdum (TE)
    Hayden Smith (TE)
    Antonio Allen (SS)
    Jordan White (WR)
    Clyde Gates (WR)
    Aaron Berry (CB)
    Nick Belore (MLB)
    Josh Mauga (MLB)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Jets Looking At Long-Term "Restructuring"

New York (AP) - Many are skeptical about recent talk and personnel changes for the Jets. A relative unknown in the league, new head coach Dan Koziar worked for the past five years as the offensive coordinator for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, before which he worked as both offensive and defensive coordinator at a number of Division II colleges (Central State, Concordia, Florida Tech).

Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson has had nothing but praise for Koziar: "The kid knows his stuff. Is it a bold move to hire a relative unknown? It sure is. But this franchise needs some bold moves if we're going to be competitive. We can't afford to pussyfoot around and not take chances."

Many speculate that Koziar's hiring is due, in large part, to his experiences as a scout at the high school and collegiate level. Considered by most to have an excellent eye for talent and sense of potential, it may be that the Jets are looking to rebuild the franchise from the ground up. Not an unwise decision given the Jet's recent woes.

Koziar himself seems to feel strongly that his role with the franchise is a long-term one that will result in drastic and long-lasting personnel changes. At a press conference earlier this week, he was quoted as saying:

This is a good team. We have the bones of a good team here, but we need to flesh things out. I'm not just talking personnel - I'm talking philosophy, playbooks, attitude. Are there going to be personnel changes? Hell, yes. Every guy on that roster needs to know that they can play hard, New York football or they can play somewhere else. I don't give a damn if you're pulling ten million a season and sell a lot of jerseys. I care about what happens on the field.

No offence to Rex Ryan and the folks who preceded me, but there were some boneheaded mistakes made in terms of the vision for this team. I want to build a team that's viable in the long-term. I'm not interested in one and done seasons or a few playoff appearances. The kind of success that the Patriots and the Steelers have had is the kind of success we're chasing. Is it going to happen overnight? No. Can I promise it's going to happen this season? No. But I can promise you that this will be a viable franchise again. People are going to fear the Jets. We're going to be the powerhouse in New York.

3. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Pittsburgh definitely willing to trade for Tebow

4. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Jimmy Young and a 2nd round pick and he's yours (assuming it goes through the trade committee). Sound good Troy J. ?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Jets Sign Stephon Heyer to One Year Deal, Release Jason Smith

New York (AP) - Demonstrating their commitment to shoring up the offensive line, the New York Jets have signed right tackle Stephon Heyer to a one year deal. "I'm extremely pleased to have Stephon on board. We want an o-line that's going to strike fear into our opponents and Stephon can help us do just that," said head coach Dan Koziar.

Not surprisingly, shortly after signing Heyer, the team announced that Jason Smith (RT) had been cut. "Jason's a great guy and a team player," coach Koziar was quoted as saying, "and I know he'll get picked up by another team. But he doesn't fit with our offensive scheme or philosophy as well as Stephon does. The team comes first."

6. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

We can execute our trade tomorrow

7. Snozberriez8198

Nice page though

8. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Trade might be off the table unfortunately. I no longer have jimmy young

9. Snozberriez8198

Sent trade request

10. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Jets Make Bold Trades - Genius or Miscalculation?

New York (AP) - Big news out of New York today as new head coach and VP of operations, Dan Koziar made good on his promise to shake things up. Two high profile trades have been announced. The trades, being called genius by some and a huge mistake by others, are sure to turn some heads and raise some questions that will only be answered once the season gets underway.

Two major trades were announced by New York:

Franchise corner, Darrelle Revis, is being sent to the New England Patriots in exchange for Visanthe Shiancoe (TE) and veteran lineman Dan Connolly (RG)

Joe McKnight (HB) to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for rookie Casey Hayward (CB)

Many believe that the decision to let Revis go was due to salary cap concerns and that Koziar is looking at the draft and free agency as ways to shore up the Jets' defence in the long term. As well, it was rumoured that Koziar and Revis had a number of disagreements about the direction of the defence and Revis' role on the team.

Whether the trades turn out to be in the Jets' best interest will is a question that can only be answered on the field. One thing is for certain, Koziar is certainly wasting no time in reforming the team and putting his own stamp on things.

11. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Cowboys can take on some more cap if you're dumping anymore stars

12. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

We're looking to get rid of Tim Tebow. Interested Fish7718?

13. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

David Harris? Nick Mangold? Cromartie?

14. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Nope. They're not on the table at this point. Thanks though!

Best of luck.

15. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Tim Tebow "Unhappy" With Current Situation in New York

New York (AP) - According to numerous sources with the New York Jets, quarterback Tim Tebow is extremely unhappy with the team's current offensive scheme and with New York's inability to find another franchise willing to take him in trade. Head coach Dan Koziar has made no secret that Tebow will not be a starter this season, and that he is actively shopping him around to other teams.

Inside sources say that this has caused friction in the Jets' locker room, with Tebow being very much the "odd man out" on the team. Despite losing to the Pittsburgh Steelers in week two, starting quarterback Mark Sanchez had an impressive performance, throwing for three touchdowns and over two hundred fifty hundred yards. Barring a major injury, it seems unlikely that Tebow will see much playtime this season. Even then, Coach Koziar has indicated that he would play Greg McElroy ahead of Tebow, saying that McElroy is a "better fit in our current scheme."

"I just want to play," Tebow was quoted as saying in a recent interview with ESPN, "Whatever team I might be on, I just want to play. If the Jets don't feel I fit their scheme, I'll go to a place where I do fit in. I wish Mark and the organization all the best, but clearly with the new coaching staff here, I don't have much of a role."

The question remains as to whether another franchise sees Tebow as a viable quarterback. Although impressive in Denver last year, many are still skeptical about his ability to anchor a team. Perhaps a team like the Bucaneers, Niners or Dolphins who have yet to find a franchise quarterback might be interested in testing Tebow. Without any prospects at this point, it seems that he'll sit on the bench for much of this season. Will anyone pick him up? Only time will tell.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Shonn Greene to Play Second String Against Colts

New York (AP) - After a strong start to the season, Jets running back Shonn Greene has been a non-factor recently, averaging under two yards per carry in his past three games. Greene will not be starting in Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts. Instead, second year player Bilal Powell will get the start. The Jets have been hindered throughout the early stages of the season by poor offensive output. Head coach Koziar says he hopes that "mixing things up in the backfield will be the spark that our team needs. We will certainly use Shonn in some packages, but Bilal will be our number one for this game."

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013