O-H

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    O-H

Go Bucks!

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I O !.....

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Boooooooooooooooo!!

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If I was a Buckeye fan I would be extremely disappointed in this season.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

If I was a Buckeye fan I'd never want to play Florida in anything ever again!!!

I'm glad they beat U of M though. Apparently $7M is just enough to buy you back to back losing seasons and no bowl games!

MSU bowl bound
    U of M not so much

I love it!!!

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

in that game michigan had too many chances to pull close or take the lead freshman mistakes but trust me the earlier part of the year is wats really to come for UofM all you state or bucknut fans get your shots in now you sure couldnt before lol

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The last time Michigan beat Ohio State, the seniors on Michigan were juniors in high school.

Oh, you mean before Tressel...got it.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll take losing the national championship every year to being what Michigan is right now...the doormat of the Big Ten.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll take 10-2, Big Ten championship, going to the Rose Bowl, beating Michigan. I don't think any reasonable fan expected anything more than that. The problem is that the Buckeyes have been so close to being great for a while...people are forgetting how nice it is to be really good on a down year.

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

wat down year you have the best qb in the big 10 well not the best but the most dangerous qb along with 2 solid rbs your weakest position would be wr and nothing else your defense is stout as usual, michigans been in a down year for 2 years and you all talk like its the apocolypse lol

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just my opinion. I am a Badger fan and am very dissapointed in our season, but for different reasons. I thought we would lose 6 games this yaer and fire our meat head caoch and upgrade. Either way Barry Alvarez would never lose a game with the talent Ohio St. has.

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

No complaints here. I'd say mission accomplished. There are a 100 programs that would love to trade places right now. Ask Rich Rod or Chuck Weiss if they would like a 10-2 season right now. I'm actually old enough to remember John Cooper choking every f_ing year in this game so watching The Vest win 8 of 9 vs. those guys, and ruining a few seasons in the process is esecially satisfying.

P.S. this was the "rebuilding" year. There are 19 seniors on the entire roster and less than 10 are contributors, so they'll come back basically intact next year. If they can improve the vertical game and solidify the O Line play they are going to have a really good look at it next year.

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

19 seniors shit wed kill to have that try 82 freshman and sophomores lol, thats rebuilding, michigan is gonna be at most 3 qbs deep next year even if one decides to transfer we have devin gardner coming in and this guy looks like a beast having the 2nd biggest arm in the country and hes fast and big 6-4 just under 200 pounds this dude might be wat we need at qb having both qbs that are barely 6'0 and one being very one deminsional hes deceptively quick too running in the high 4.4's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2tpF2Xo1tI

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

not giving up on tate or anything, but i think denard should switch positions to wr or something hed be that player to stretch the field for us we have no big play recievers though roundtree came on late for us hes gonna be a good one too

15. GoGators

Just watched the ESPN highlights and I have to say I find it laugh out loud histarical that U of M, a team with back to back losing seasons, no bowl bids, and a decades worth of getting their arses handed to them by OSU is cocky.

The clip where the guy comes out of the tunnel and blatantly runs into the OSU guy going back into the locker room and then looks as if he wants to fight him is ridiculous. Then, the fan standing behind the end zone who starts trash talking with the OSU HB after he scored on the screen pass almost made me fall off the couch laughing. How does a fan think he's bigger and badder than a freaking chiseled RB who not only would kick the fans ass, but is already dominating his team. If the guy (fan) thiniks he's so big and bad, maybe he should have suited up for the ole maize and blue yesterday. Sure couldn't have hurt.

In the end, at least it looked like a different outcome yesterday. Usually you see sparkly gray helmets winning in the Big House the weekend before thanksgiving. At least this year it was different because OSU wore white helmets :)

16. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

As a midwest guy and a ND fan I don't really have a dog in this fight other than realistic thoughts on Big 10 football, which I've been watching since I was a kid.
    OSU has had another disappointing season as they are currently far and away the most talented team in the Big 10 and as such they should have the potential to go undefeated and contend for the BCS title nearly every year. They managed to lose to a way undermanned, undertalented Purdue team and they got beat in the Shoe by what now looks like a very average USC team. Those are 2 games they should have won and truthful OSU fans have to be disappointed that they are not undefeated or 1 loss at the most and disappointed that Pryor has not progressed in his sophomore year as much as many would like.
    Michigan should stick with Rodriguez as they are truly rebuilding with all of those freshman and sophomores and low scholarship numbers. If U of M gives Rodriguez 2 or 3 more years to fill out his team with guys that fit his scheme, Michigan will be rewarded by becoming the top dog in the Big 10 again and fielding the first true national title contender the Big 10 has had in a while. OSU will probably benefit by this as well as a really good Michigan team will bring prestige back to the Big 10 and help Big 10 recruiting.

17. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

So wait... you're a ND fan, but your telling everybody how OSU never should have gotten beat by Purdue? How is it that your team has one of the best recruiting classes every single year and limps into a bowl game, which is only the case because they create more, new bowl games every year, like two rabbits producing offspring. Your team is a minor annoyance like Minnesota, Michigan State, or Purdue. Your most impressive win is probably against Nevada, so stop.

On another note... Penn State was picked by nearly every expert to win the Big 10. What team are some of you watching. Saine and Herron are decent. Their no Beanie. Pryor isn't the passer Troy Smith ever was and he may never be. Also, many of you OSU haters probably don't remember what Troy Smith looked like when he was a Sophmore. He sucked and was competing for a starting job with Justin Zwick. I can hear you saying, "who?". Our O-line was horrible last year and until recently they still were.

No OSU fan should feel that this is a dissapointing season. There are ten other teams in the big ten and nine in the Pac-10 that would give their left nut to play in the Rose Bowl, which if I recall is a BCS bowl. Do you you remember what it's like to be in a BCS Bowl? Probably not because you forced that out of your memory as soon as the game clock hit 0. Let me refresh your memory. January 2, 2006(Fiesta Bowl)- OSU 34 - ND 20. January 3, 2007(Sugar Bowl)- LSU 41 - ND 14. Notre Dam has won one bowl game in the last 14 years and that was to Hawaii(7-7) in the Hawaii Bowl.

Finally, I have some love for Notre Dame because it's my wife's team, however let's get real. Some Michigan and Notre Dame fans are picking on the Buckeyes and their fans and calling them out and saying how dissapointed we should be. I think your teams would gladly trade places and in all seriousness, if Tressell were to leave today, Notre Dame would be knocking on his door. To Michigan, you have so many freshman and sophmores because Rich Rod couldn't convince some of his Juniors from a couple years back to stay and don't we have one of your linemen playing for us? That should never happen. Both Michigan and Notre Dame should be more dissappointed than any other team in the nation. Storied and historical teams should never get to this point. This is the worst it's been at Michigan ever, statistically speaking. I'm disappointed we're the best team in the Big Ten, as we won the Big Ten championship again. You two are idiots.

It is nice to look at the Big Ten standings and see Michigan tied with Indiana.

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

yeah most of the players that didnt stay also didnt fit into the system and left because they knew they wouldnt be able to compete for a starting job when they didnt even fit into any schemes, your retarded if you think its never happened in the history because it has happend before a osu player has left for michigan its gone both ways, its a bad year for osu when you lose to purdue being one of the elite teams in the big 10 and you let a "horrible" michigan team get god knows how many chances to win the game if not being for their youth osu woulda been raped period, osu has a stout defense, and the most dangerous qb in the big 10 if not the country and one of the best 1,2 punch rb in the nation ur a fuckin idiot if you think osu shouldnt have won the big 10 this year penn state had pretty much the same situation as osu had except a more experienced qb, and tell me how well has troy smith done being in the nfl lmao the fact that he won the heisman is a mockery, rich rod will get us past where we were in our glory days simply because hes usherin us into a new era with most of the national teams being built on speed now days and michigan is headed in that direction right now, i love how you just left out all the years osu got beat in those bcs bowls because they cant compete on the national stage with teams like texas florida and usc, and you lost to a mediocre usc team who got blown out by stanford and oregon come on lol, we beat everyone we shoulda and were supposed to beat and the games we werent supposed to be in with teams like iowa we barely lost and lost because of youth, give it 2 years at most we will be right back at the top of the big 10, i love how when michigans down all these people come out of their holes theyve been in for over 40 years and try to get their shots in lmao

19. GoGators

Pryor the most dangerous QB in the nation??? I'm sending you my medical bill because I got hurt when I fell off the couch laughing. He's not even in the top 10!

I was discussing this yesterday with my buddy and we both concluded he isn't that great. Now, maybe he'll get better, but let's be serious. He only gets passing yds and TDs because his WR's are open by 20 yds when they catch his jump balls he throws up. Watching him throw is like watching the kids outside play 500! Put that arm and those WRs in the SEC and watch what happens when they aren't open by 20 yds every play.

And for people who say the guy runs a 4.4 forty. I'm not buying it. If he runs a 4.4, then Mike Vick ran a 3.8.

As for Rich Rod, I never understood why U of M hired him. He had the most talented backfield in the nation at WVU with Pat White and Steve Slaton and every year they were BCS bound until they lost to USF or Pitt. Now for some reason the U of M people of this world think he's going to win big games? In my book he's a choke artist and belongs in the same category as Big game Bob Stoops. U of M should get Harbaugh's number quick and cut their losses.

20. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

pryor might not be the most accurate qb by far lmao i know this but the fact that if a play breaks down and he gets out in the open your defense better be prepared to tackle and not get ran over or just flat out burned because this guy is fast you might not think he can run a 4.4 but trust me he can, i know he looks slow as hell sometimes but he also burns a lb or cb while looking that slow lol hes just so tall and lanky you think hes slow,and rod had proved that when allowed to recruit his people he wants in his system he can so some things hes just on a much bigger stage being he coach of michigan, but i bet you next year were atleast a 8 win team and the following year in a bcs bowl and threatening for the national title, call me crazy but i saw the flashes of greatness from the freshman and sophomores this year and i know their gonna be a great team by 2011 count on it

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

and michigan fans don't kick other teams when they are down?

22. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ha like who state? Theyve been down since god knows how long and no u never seen that happen til mike hart called u guys the little brother school lol

23. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Correct me if I'm wrong here DJ. It seems you are the one coming out of your hole to tell everybody how dissappointed us Buckeye fans should be. Michigan is a disgrace to the Big Ten. OSU might not be able to do a lot of heavy lifting, but we need Michigan and other teams to do more than they are now to compete with the other conferences.

Michigan was supposed to lose to Mich. St., Illinois, and Purdue???

I didn't think I was going to have to go here, but...

Was it a dissappointment when Bitchagain got beat by Appalachian State?

Was it a dissappointment when Terrell Pryor chose to come to OSU rather than play for Michigain?

Was it a dissapointment when Michigan failed to go to a bowl game for the second year in a row?

Rich Rod may not get a chance next year. They're getting a new AD and amidst the alegations of practicing more than allowed, he doesn't even have the forms to prove his innocense. Let's not count your chickens before they're hatched.

I think it would be wise to stop posting about this matter while you still have a leg to stand on.

24. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Lmao yeah thats the same year we beat florida too huh? Forgot about that one and yeah pryor was a dissapointment but we have our qbs and another obe coming in thats been compared to pryor just more accurate and that msu loss was in ot after comin back 14 down in 5 minutes the illi loss was embarrassing but thats attributed to youth just as the purdue loss we couldnt finish the game because our youth and rich rod is comin back its already been determined that whole practicing bs cant even be proved just like it cant be dissproved and like ur own coach and many others have said who doesnt practice extra its impossible to be good and not so before u come at me with dumb bullshit think twice
    did it hurt when charles woodson a ohio born player came to uofm won the national championship and the heisman and thorpe? I bet it did it must also hurt knowin we still have the overall series lead by double digits still lmao your still our bitch no matter ur recent wins.... Oh and osus national championship cuz im sure ull bring it up is tainted by a bs pass interference call when they woulda lost yet another bcs game

25. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

This is the last thing I'm going to say on the matter. It was a defensive holding call as the defender was holding onto the receiver as he was trying to catch it.

The future will tell which way both programs will go. I hope for the whole Big Ten's sake that Michigan comes back to their former self.