Oakland Raiders Press Conference!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Mar 30, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Stay tuned for any news out of Oakland as local media outlets are reporting the Raiders have called a press conference for Friday evening, we will have details on this later as they become available.​
    Head Coach Dennis Allen is said to be in attendance as well as new general manager Reggie McKenzie is expected to be there also!​
    At this time we are unable to get any details as the nature of conference has been kept secret by the Raiders organization.​
    (I will write the press conference tomorrow night, so check back here for the details of it)​

• Like Like x 1
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I was thinking of doing the same. Great minds...(y)

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    Oakland Raiders brain trust, General Manager Reggie McKenzie (left) and Head Coach Dennis Allen (right) are sitting in front of the Raiders logo at the press conference set up for today. Reggie inches forward towards the microphone.
    Ladies and gentlemen of the press, fellow members of Raider nation and most importantly to our fans who are tuning in right now, I thank you for being here with us today. Coach Allen and myself have called this press conference to discuss some matters dealing with the Oakland Raiders. We will speak about what we have and will take questions at the end. Coach Allen has an announcement to make so at this time I will turn it over to Coach Allen.
    Thank you Mr. McKenzie. We have received numerous questions the last few weeks in regards to QB Carson Palmer and his status within the organization and until such a time as we felt comfortable talking about it and with talking to Carson when he was comfortable with us answering questions in regards to it we waited. However, after speaking to Carson and coming to terms with things we are here to speak about it. For the last few weeks Terrelle Pryor has been in the starting lineup as quarterback, and Terrelle has played well limiting turnovers and getting some valuable experience for him. However, at this time we are announcing that Carson Palmer will resume his duties as the starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders for the remainder of the season. Carson was held out of the last few weeks and pulled in Houston in favor of Pryor. It was not a matter of his desire to win, however Carson could not continue to perform well on the field as unbeknownst to members of the media and anyone outside of the Raider organization Carson had a partial tear in his rotator cuff of his throwing shoulder. Carson was able to go see world renown Orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews and get his shoulder operated on. Dr. Andrews said Carson should be good to go in a couple of weeks after the tear was only slight and had not become completely detached from the bone. Carson had played for two weeks with the tear in his shoulder and it came to the point where he just couldn't do it anymore and finally let us know about the issue. Carson did not want to make any excuses for his play so he chose not to tell the media and asked us not to speak about it. We respect Carson's decision and his desire and will to win. Raiders nation is all about the desire and will to win and we couldn't ask for a better leader than Carson.
    At this time Reggie McKenzie leans forward toward the microphone.
    Carson is the epitome of a mans man. He has done everything possible to make himself the best quarterback for us and we couldn't ask for a better leader. Also at this time the team would like to announce that Richard Seymour, Carson Palmer, and Sebastian Janikowski and Shane Lechler are going to be the team captains going forward. We feel these four are the looked to leaders in the locker room and both on and off the field.
    That is correct Mr. McKenzie. Offensively the team is young, with Denarius and Darrius on the outside. A very young offensive line and Darren in the backfield along with Jonathan Stewart the team looks to Carson for leadership and we feel that with Terrelle in that we lost a little bit of that. On defense no one has a higher motor than Richard Seymour and he shows it week in and week out going hard every play. Half of the reason we were able to acquire Domata Peko was because of his desire to play next to and learn from a hall of famer in Richard. Now Sebastian and Shane have both been with this organization for quite a few years now and fans have seen their paralleled kicking ability and are the two best at what they do.
    Now ladies and gentlemen, we will take some questions from the media.
    Reggie, Steve Corkran Bay Area News Group we have seen a lot of turnover in this team already with subtractions of Tommy Kelly, Stanford Routt, Chaz Schillens amongst others. Additions of Cortland Finnegan and Michael Griffin and the a fore mentioned Domata Peko into the team. Could you elaborate behind the moves? Also where does this leave the team for the future as Finnegan and Griffin both will need contracts at the end of the year if they wish to resign here in Oakland? We hear a lot of rumors of interest in DeMarcus Van Dyke and Chimdi Chekwa, what are the status of those two players?
    Steve, we were so close to the cap number when the year started and the moves we made got rid of some bad and tough contracts. This puts us in a tough position for next year but also gives us a lot of financial flexibility in the future. We currently have a lot of draft choices in the second and third round and for the holes we see we will use them to fill those holes. I can assure the Raider nation that Cortland and Michael will be back and part of a good solid group of defensive backs with both DeMarcus Van Dyke and Chimdi Chekwa.Chris Johnson is showing some of skills he has learned over the years as is Cortland with DeMarcus and Chimdi and we expect big things from those two in the future. We of course will listen to offers for anyone on the team but it would have to be something extra special to entice us.
    Coach Allen, Tim Kamakami Mercury News Columnist, where does Carson's return leave Terrelle? Is he on board with this?
    We have sat down with Terrelle and he knew what was going on with Carson and we thank Terrelle for the work he has put in. Terrelle is going to still see the field from time to time in select packages. We expect Terrelle to continue to learn from Carson and be a great back up and step up when the time is asked for.
    Ladies and gentlemen thank you for your time however, this press conference is finished due to time constraints. Coach Allen has a game to prepare for against San Diego.
    Dennis Allen and Reggie McKenzie head away from the podium and out of the room.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

That was awsome... loved it...

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Thanks, the league needed some more content so I figured I would put this out there and then do 3 Rounds this weekend. Trying to keep things interesting and vibrant around here (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    cept the colors dear lord

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Black background, so used the different colors to make it easy to distinguish between the different people talking as opposed to

Dennis Allen: Blah blah blah

Reggie McKenzie: Blah blah blah

Not really a fan of that. I'd rather do different colors to distinguish (y)

But I highly encourage everyone to do some content and some fun stuff for people to read so I eagerly anticipate what you'll do for the league content wise to read.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012