OC Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Just going to post random bits of stuff here, first off is some power rankings!

1. Georgia Tech

- No question here. Two straight national championships and possibly on their way to a third. Anthony Glaser has been the leader since taking over the starting spot from Days- making 5 TD's games look like the norm. Georgia Tech has as good a chance as anybody to hold that chrystal ball at the end of the season. If all goes according to plan, GT should take the ACC for a third straight year and play for a third straight national title.

2. Michigan

- Last years runner up comes in a close second place behind Ga Tech again here. Devin Gardner has been good so far this year, but not near the level of greatness that Denard Robinson had been when running the offense in Ann Arbor the past couple seasons. The Wolverines have been sporadic on offense, but with a great crop of natural playmakers they have been able to get by. If I had to pick, I would say they will finish undefeated and play for another national title. That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if they get snagged by a trap game somewhere along the way. Either way, I expect them to be the B1G champs this season.

3. Wake Forest

- The last of the unbeatens, Wake Forest is finally having the season many have been waiting on. The Deacons made great strides the past two seasons, and that has built up confidence for the younger players along with this senior class. Leaders like Josh Harris, AJ Marshall, and Nikita Whitlock have been starting for the last three seasons and it is time to cash in for this group. Wake will take a step back defensively for the most part next season, so there should be a sense of urgency the rest of the season.

4. North Carolina

- The Tarheels are, whether anyone wants to admit it, the most talented team in the dynasty. That said, the Tarheels haven't been disappointing per say as they have finished in the top ten every season (actually, I think its probably top 5 every year). That is pretty good considering they play in what is most likely the hardest division in the country having to contend with Georgia Tech every season and an upstart Virginia program (thought he Cavaliers are down this year, but we will get to that later). UNC has big games with NC State and Georgia Tech before the season is over, so they can still make some big big noise. Will this be the year the Tarheels take the division?

5. Wisconsin

- Oh Madison, Wisconsin.... the Badgers have been sporadic the past three years, but always finding ways to finish near the top. Wiscy shoudl play for another league title this season, but will they be able to get by Michigan, or will the Wolverines become the Yellow Jackets of the midwest? A young QB and a strong stable of running backs should keep Wiscy near the top for the next few seasons, and they will likely continue their recruiting success barring a disastrous season. Short term however, can they finally make that jump from good to elite team status? If they can snatch a league title over Michigan, they will have proved themselves.

6. NC State

- The Wolfpack are currently a bit of a wild card, as they haven't gotten into the meat of their conference schedule yet. They will play North Carolina and Wake in the coming weeks, and they have the talent to compete with the two. The Wolfpacks only loss so far is to Wisconsin, who is no slouch, and by 3 nonetheless. These guys are definitely up and coming, but the second half of the season will really determine how far up they are going to go as they will experience a talent drop off next season.

7. Nebraska

- I almost put Big Red ahead of the Wolfpack, but Nebraska's inability to perform in big games has really limited them- that and NC State has already beaten Nebraska, so putting them ahead wouldn't make sense (take a hint BCS). Nebraska will have a chance to ditch the big game stigma that has held them back as they will play Penn State and Iowa in the coming weeks, two programs that have been down this year but aren't going to lay down and die. If Nebraska drops both of those games, they could really be in trouble. Regardless of how this season closes for them, they have some young playmakers on offense that are going to be great before long, if they aren't right now.

8. Purdue

- Purdue has been straight disappointing this season. They came on strong last year, but atrocious QB play has limited the Boilermakers. Transfer Jacob Russell thought he found a new beginning after leaving Kentucky, but West Lafayette hasn't been any kinder to the gunslinger. Russell currently sits at roughly a 3 interceptions to 1 TD ratio. Purdue up ended a good North Carolina team at the beginning of the season, so the talent is there. It's not like they are losing to bad teams (31-10 loss to Wake, 38-29 to Florida State, and 37-15 to Ohio State). It could be a case of just being behind in talent, but I'm not buying that. This is a good team that I expect to win out and finish a lot better than they have started.

T9. Virginia

-Another disappointing team, the Cavaliers has also endured a brutal schedule this season. At 4-4, the four losses are to Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Michigan, and Wake Forest by a combined 175-96; which really isn't that bad. The schedule definitely gets easier as they close out the year, and you should see the Cav's bowling this December. QB play will need to improve if they are to close out well though, as the two QB's that have seen meaningful playing time have tossed 16 TDs to 13 INTs.

T9. Iowa

- Iowa has endured a rough season thus far but has picked things up lately, winning their last 4 games. They opened the season with Wake Forest, Alabama, Virginia, and Purdue, so their first four losses are excusable. The Hawkeyes tried to run the spread early in the season, but have since reverted to Coach Redd's signature option attack. Look for them to finish strong under the new direction, and go bowling to an average or below average bowl.

11. Penn State

The Nittany Lions are still reeling from the scandal that has rocked the school a few years ago, and have yet to be able to land a head coach capable of righting the ship. In steps Coach BP, who struggled in his first game at Wisconsin. I think they are better than 11th here, but they need to show it before I can hand it to them. Also, their QB's need to learn how to read coverage and generally throw the ball better.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You have me tied with an Iowa team i beat 31-3? My team is still only a B- and both my cpu losses were to teams that were ranked as an A. I don't know what you're teams rating is, but I had a 10-0 lead in that game before crapping it away in the 4th. 8th place...SMH

3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

First of all great write up. But, yeah I should be 11 here... no doubt about that.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Penn State looked atrociious last night, no offense to BPHusker - until he does something though he can have #11. Plus I think your better when your running your true option redd.

and my bad JQwon13 . I should have realized. If you knew how to beat the damn CPU you would be higher.

5. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

How is UNC the most talented team in the dynasty? Wisconsin takes that by far.

Nice content btw.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Pretty sure I looked at a list online and he was the only A- overall.. could be wrong but I'm almost positive.

And either way I think you can agree, UNC > Wiscy --- though I would like to see that game.

7. CoachRedd

given Oshi's streaming ability and Fuzzy's commish powers... I think its safe to say you will in the near future.

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Very surprised I am as high as I am. I scrolled down looking for #12, didn't see Nebraska and thought I got left off.

9. CoachRedd

haha thats funny.

10. The Natural

Can someone verify the team grades and post them?

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Godam right we shall. If you guys have any suggestions for stuff in this thread you would want to see let me know.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm home in a couple hours, will definitely check then.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Problem there is we don't have 12 members...

You've taken care of business in games, but just haven't shown to be in that top half. The talent of your team is half the reason your that high.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I don't understand why I keep losing to the cpu... For one I still have a serious lack of talent and I get dominated in the trenches, but still....it's terrible

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I get by fine and I'm out talented. You couldn't be far behind me if any at all.

Bolden is gone right? :confused:

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Unfortunately yes.... He was the reason this shitty team was able to succeed last season.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I just looked at our rosters...Your team is definitely better than mine this season, but you lose a lot after this year.

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Good write up man. Very good read.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

It's called reloading, but yeah this is our year if we're going to do it anytime soon. After this one it will be a another couple seasons before we are steady with talent I think.

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

We did play this year, it was a good one, UNC won by a TD. I didn't do a write-up because Oshio basically 'streamed' the game with words on the forum, haha.

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Damn had such a great season with the Cavaliers last year and I suck this season, I will be at 5 stars next season so I am fine lol

22. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Is my team really that much more talented than everyone else? I know I have some great players but there are some stinkers too. I think I am on the way up in user games. I hope to go 2-2 in the next 2 user games. I think I have sorted out my issues throwing the ball and I should always be able to run it.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not that much better if at all, but certainly not worse than really anybody I don't think.

24. The Natural

What happened to the promised team ratings?

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

slacked. lazy. forgot. other stuff to do.. etc.