OC or DC?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

OC or DC?

Which side of the ball do you plan on taking over and why?​

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Are we starting as coordinators? I would probably go with OC because I think I would get bored as the DC and I suck at defense anyway lol. Maybe that would be a good way to improve my defensive play though...

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Wasn't aware we were starting out like that?

If so I'd say defense.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Were u thinking everyone starts as HC?

5. Keller

ya

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I don't care which way we go, I was just under the impression that we were starting as HC. It would definitely be an interesting twist to cpu games, but I believe for user games we play both sides of the ball anyway. I think we would probably be at our bottom schools for longer if we took coordinator jobs too.

7. Emmdotfrisk

I assumed we would take full advantage of the CC setup....here we have another topic for discussion/debate. Start er up Keller

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I assumed HC. Think how frustrating it would be to watch OM pick apart your computer controlled defense.

9. Emmdotfrisk

That would be true, but you control both sides in User vs User games.

10. Keller

I just don't see the point in doing the coordinator first. If it doesn't apply to user games, it kinda loses its affect for me. We're starting at the bottom of the barrel anyway.

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

If we are going with the MAC conferences.... we should start at HC.... first year a couple of guys could get fired as a DC with a MAC team.....

12. JrRawlins

you mean run over not pick apart... his passing attack aint that nice....

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Damn, I've been getting the bondzai treatment from JR lately.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Next thing you know he will be hijacking your offseason recruits, which is ok by me.

I thought I remembered Drifter saying that we were starting as HC. I might have just been drunk though.

16. OMlawdog

Im going to want to start at HC. Have we learned any more details about Coaching Carousal? Do we have any ideas about how we are going to structure it? WHen I go 6-6 with my Eastern Michigan team, and start getting job offers Im just wondering how we are going to do this?

Are we going to have pre-assigned conferences that guys can go to, with certain schools not eligible? Just wondering how we are going to do it?

17. JrRawlins

the wait to get into certain conferences will be brutal....

18. Keller

Drifter - whats the official word?

19. JrRawlins

the pre-assigned conferences are the Pac-12 and the Big 12.... and im pretty sure we are doing head coaches for the smaller schools..... once you get to the bigger schools some guys might have to take a coordinator role first before they can become the head guy..

20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm glad someone has been reading the "Deuce '12" thread.

We still don't know enough about how CC works to really nail down a structure of what we want the moves to look like. Obviously it might be a situation where we play some of it by ear. Likely the moves will have to take a majority league vote to happen. That way, like OM put it, if he goes 6-6 and gets an offer from Ohio State, etc we can decide if its a good move for the league.

This sort of vote wouldn't be in place to hold anyone back, but rather make sure we maintain the integrity of the dynasty so that someone doesn't get an unfair head start.

21. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

From the vids I saw atleast, it seemed the carousel ran in real time. I think it might be something we have to do in our offseason nights. Not sure we will have actual time to sit there and vote on every change and such... maybe a vote on skype on the fly or something?

22. JrRawlins

i think all votes should be done either via skype or they are on the boards and everyone has a day to vote...

just my thoughts....

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Maybe I am wrong, but I am not even sure we will have a day. Coach openings seem to dynamically open and get filled in real time, and as one job gets filled another opens etc...

24. JrRawlins

yeah but most jobs open at the end of the season.... so while you may miss a bowl game or something of that ilk... a vote would still seem to be necessary...

25. OMlawdog

I just hope they have fixed the CPU recruiting logic. If Alabama is signing 8 DT's and having walk on LB's like they did last year, the CPU isn't going to present a challenge past year 5.

Im really interested to see how this Coaching Carousal is going to work. It certainly opens itself up for several ideas, like how many times can you switch jobs? Should you be required to stay at one job for a certain period of time? Should there be limitations on the prestige jump one can make? Should there be a limitation on schools that have taken a Bondzai and are a wolf in sheep's clothing. (Example - Texas or LSU dropping to a 3 star school)

Just lots of questions.

• Like Like x 1