Odds stacked against Browns but they managed to pull out ot win vs Sentinels

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by dablakpope, Apr 16, 2014.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

1-7st off let me say, I WISH I HAD VIDEO OF THIS GAME. Both teams were 3-2 coming into this game. The Browns would receive the ball first and on the kick return wr T. Benjamin (no. 3 on depth chart) would be injured for the game. The offense would go 3 and out against the home team Sentinels defense. The Sentinels would receive the punt and once on offense, methodically move the ball down the field. Cam Newton looked sharp early on. The Sentinels would mix in there run and pass game very well that ended in a 7-0 score. The Browns offense really got a old fashioned ass chewing on the sideline and they came out with guns blazing. The team would tie the game up with a fairly quick drive that consisted of precise passing by Tyrod Taylor. The Sentinels however were unfazed. They would come out with their workmanlike attitude and go up 14-7. Important side note, on the previous drive starting fs C. Culliver would be injured for the rest of the game. Once back on the field the Browns offense would move the ball somewhat but the drive would stall when T-Rich would fumble off a weak arm tackle. On the next drive with the, Sentinels poised to go up by 14 fs T. Gipson would step in front of C. Newtons pass and intercept the pass but on the return he would get tattooed and fumble the ball back to the Sentinels. They would continue their drive and make the score 21-7. The offense would falter again once on the field and have to punt. But once on the field, the defense would create turnover with a vicious tackle by J. Haden on WR M. Goodwin. The Browns would capitalize this time and make it 21-14 at the half.
    The Sentinels would receive the ball to start the 3rd and continue to move the ball and go up 28-14. Once on offense the Browns finally seem to get their offense to gel. T-rich would pound the rock and Taylor would connect with his passes. However Wr D. McCluster would be hurt on the drive (2nd time of the game) for the game. Now down 28-21 both teams defense would bow their respective necks and now budge. The game would come down to late in the 4th quarter and the Browns had the ball with a little more than 2 min remaining. In the 3rd quarter the Browns would lose QB T. Taylor and Wr C. Givens (4th on depth chart, no. 3 and 4 out for game.)
    The drive would start with back-up Mcleod-Bethune Orchestrating THE offense. The Browns would move the ball to the 10 yard line but MB would be sacked on 2nd down with about 1:15 seconds on the clock. Now with 3rd and 17 on the 20 yard line, MB would hit Wr Stephen Hill would caught the ball about 3 yards short of the 1st down but he would battle and take on 2 would be tacklers to get the 1st down. On the the next play T-Rich would punch it in. Score is now tied at 28 with less than a minute and the Sentinels had 1 TO left. The Sentinels werr unable to score so overtime it was.
    The Sentinels would receive the ball but Cam would be intercepted on a 2nd down play. On the Browns 1st play, the Sentinels would send an all out blitz and get caught with a screen pass to rb Ashanti and he would take it to the house for the victory.
    Mike, this was a great game.

Browns lost 3 wr, starting qb and fs but managed to pull out a hard fought victory. GL to you the rest of the season, you have a nice team.
    This was such a great game I had to do a write up. I wish I had video of it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Wow sounds like a great one! (y)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

dablakpope

Great back and forth game, I really enjoyed it

Great recap...Very Good Read

Sorry about all the injuries lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Man I was about to dress the water boy to play wr for me.