Off-Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NatiSaint, Sep 22, 2009.

1. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Off-Season Discussion Thread

Thought i'd make this for us to discuss Off-season things.

Such as:

New Mexico appears to be losing Lucas Reid(Fresh[rs] to Tulsa and Anthony Hooks(Soph) to Wyoming.

--Persuasion Failed.... Both are moving on to better things --

I also went through and looked at those that were attempting to leave other schools...

**PD = Pro Draft / T = Transfer**

Boise: 2 PD / 3 T
    -- Ebo Makinde wants to transfer to SJSU

Colorado State 1 PD / 2 T
    -- Looks like Jacob Biddle is eyeing Rice

ECU 0 PD / 0 T but 20 Graduations

Fresno: 1 PD / 1 T

Houston: 1 PD / 3 T
    -- Roisean Haynes is eyeing the Lobos
    ---Demarcus Lattier eyeing Rice

Nevado 0 PD / 0 T

New Mexico 0 PD / 2 T

San Jose State 0 PD / 0 T

USM 0 PD / 1 T

TCU 1 PD / 2 T

UTEP 0 PD / 0 T

Utah 3 PD / 0 T

Only stated players leaving for other user squads. Doesn't look like many are confident in entering the draft.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

As far as I noticed, noone is potentially losing really good (for us) players to transfers...Am I off on this?

As for the sliders, I'm thinking our rushing needs to come down just a bit. Users DOMINATED in team rushing stats. I know many of us use an option or bone offense but our Yards Per Carry are rather high...Most of use EASILY averaged over 5 and most had over 6 or 7 or even higher...

Thoughts on the rushing AI? Anything else you guys notice to be too high or low or off? Speak now or shut your trap until the 2010 offseason.

3. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I was bored so I went through these too:

Transfers:

Justin Salum 91 SPD 83 OVR tailback from Arizona wants to go to CSU

Caleb McEachern 87 SPD 81 OVR tailback from Baylor considering UNM

Todd Harrelson 84 OVR 92 SPD 92 AGI WR looking at USM

David Paulson 78 OVR run blocking (85) TE looking at FS

JB Walton *RG* 78 OVR sights set on Kent

Jared Holley *CB 75 OVR 90 SPD 91 ACC man coverage eyeing Kent

Courtnet Viney *CB 78 OVR 92 SPD 95 AGI Zone back looking at Nevada

_____

Not many transfers coming in - Started out labeling what teams they were coming from but didn't finish it up... Got tired and lost focus... sorry guys.

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

running didn't seem ungodly for me - toning it down a little might not hurt but i had games where running was just not happening - those sucked.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I was able to talk my 81 OVR HB out of entering the draft early (as an 81 OVR he'd be stupid to do that). I was unable to talk either OLB out of transferring. Thanx to those 2 idiots, I'm left with 1 OLB on my roster. Hurray!

6. jello1717

For sliders, user rushing is too high. CPU rushing is too low.

7. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

As of right now -

Nevada(JackWhack3r), Houston(Dru50), San Jose State (Prinny), TCU (DJ), and the National Champion ECU (Matrix) have not done their players transfering!

Let's get on it!

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm at work dude, can't.

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I wasn't demanding it - just on fire for the second season of mid-majors!

10. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

I too am at work :(

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here (at work). I checked the dynasty last night and it hadn't advanced. I'll do my stuff tonight after I get my kids to bed (around 9pm EST probably).

12. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

as for the rushing sliders may i suggest trying these for a game or 2?

User Skill:

Offense

QB Accuracy: 35
    Pass Blocking: 0
    WR Catching: 40
    RB Ability: 15
    Run Blocking: 0

Defense

Pass Coverage: 15
    Pass Rush: 60
    Interceptions: 0
    Rush Defense: 10
    Tackling: 20

CPU Skill:

Offense

QB Accuracy: 35
    Pass Blocking: 0
    WR Catching: 40
    RB Ability: 20

Defense

Pass Coverage: 15
    Pass Rush: 65
    Interceptions: 0
    Rush Defense: 15

they really make it so you gotta keep on pounding and pounding to have some success. the low slider settings dont kill the run game though i played a few games with Georgia Tech and the fleXbox One and still had around 250yds running.

As for Utah players leaving

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    player position stats of note
    Zane Beadles RT 38 pancakes 6 sacks allowed
    Tyler Williams OC 29 pancackes 3 sacks allowed
    Valimu Nau RT 16pancakes 3 sacks allowed
    Matt Asiata RB 708 YDS 10 TD
    Chris Joppru TE 26 REC 338 YARDS 1 TD
    Aiona Key WR 41 REC 546 YARDS 2 TD 486 return yards
    Elijah Wesson WR 56 REC 686 YARDS 8 TD
    David Reed WR 47 REC 802 YARDS 8 TD 910 return yards
    Steven Sylvester ROLB 87 TKLS 9 DEF 2 TD
    Mike Wright MLB 70 TKLS 12 TFL 3 SACKS 7 DEF
    Robert Johnson FS 51 TKLS 4 DEF
    Joe Dale SS 47 TKLS 1 INT
    RJ Stanford FS 41 TKLS
    Ben Vroman K 21-25 FG long of 56 62-64 PAT 9 TB

that equals out to 3080yds offense 21 TDS, 83 pancakes, 296 tks, 63 points from field goals, 1418 kick return yards

or it equals out to 54.2% of total offense, 34 % of the offenses TD's, 39% of Linemen pancackes, 46% of total tackles, 100% of points on Kicking. and all but 90 yards from kick or punt returns.

cant tell ya we arent losing a lot.

13. jello1717

Based on my experience with sliders, these sound extremely harsh to me (though admittedly I haven't played with these). I would imagine that the non-Utahs, TCUs, and BSUs of the league would have a lot of trouble with them. On the other hand, I've played with QB accuracies that high and I don't think QBs (user and CPU) would miss very often. It seems like we'd go from running all the time to passing all the time.

14. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

passing might be a litte easy but we could always bump up the pass defense a click or two. also they are not that hard. i went 8-4 using troy with them 1 season. another alternative is we could just keep the sliders we have but change these settings

Computer
    Rush Defense: 15

Human
    RB Ability: 15

here is the guy explaining how they work.

Thanks to the work by Bill over at Operation Sports he found that the sliders in Madden are animation triggers more than they are difficulty sliders. For years we have all complained about suction blocking, well Bill’s work found that the pass block and run block slider determined how far away a defender had to be before the offensive player would attempt to block him. The higher the setting the further away the blocking animation is started (suction blocking). Now once the block is engaged the pass rush slider determines how easily the defender can break the block.

Tackling works much the same way. The higher the slider the further away the tackle animation is started. Once the tackle animation is started the RB ability slider determines how well the ball carrier can break out of the tackle. Now in NCAA this also effects how quick the ball carrier moves as well. If you set it to 100 you will see the CPU ball carrier move quickly and erratically.

Pass coverage determines how quickly the defender reacts to the receiver, the higher the slider the quicker the defender will react to a receivers breaks in a route while in man coverage or how quickly a defender will pick up a receiver coming into his zone. It also determines how well a jam will work. The interception slider is self explanatory.

The QB accuracy slider and the WR catching slider work in combination with each other in that the WR catching slider determines more than just how often the WR will catch the ball. Starting at the LOS it will determine the WR’s ability to get off a jam, at the break it will determine how much of a separation the wide receiver will get in the break and then once a ball is thrown it will determine how aggressive the receiver will go after the ball and then catch the ball. The QB accuracy slider determines where the ball will be placed within an area; however it also seems to determine how often the QB will have a wild throw.

Now ratings play a part in all of this. Even with the pass block slider at zero and the pass rush slider at 100 if you have a good offensive lineman matched up against a poor defender he will still make the block.

In these sliders I have tried to make everything realistic. The amount of time you have until the pass rush gets to you, how the offensive and defensive line interacts in the running game and how quickly the defender reacts to a receivers break in a route were the big things I looked at.
    - Oneback

just play a play now game or two and see how they are.

15. jello1717

The biggest problem I'd have with RB ability being so low is that it affects how fast the runners (not just RBs, but WRs, QBs, and TEs too) are. Hit a practice field with offense only and time a 50 or 100 yard dash at 0 RBA and then again at 50 RBA and you'll see the difference. I've found that with this too low, you won't be breaking any big runs as you'll just get run down from behind. I'm all for lowering our rushing, but I would get beyond aggravated when my 90spd HB keeps getting run down by 83spd LBs.

16. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

they do get run down a bit more however its usually because the guy has an angle on the runner. one year my starting RB had 87 speed. i think he had something like 3 or 4 runs over 50yards. and around 15-20 over 20yds.

anyway i dont care what sliders we used. i just figured i'd post some since nobody else was throwing out any.

17. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

As of right now my thinking is to mess with rushing, only slightly...Once we get past some of this offseason stuff I'll sit down and see what looks off for us and the CPU. Any discussion on it is good IMO.

18. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I did my 'players leaving' stage with Houston. Lost 2 of the 3 guys transferring, including a 77 rated DT and a 70 rated SS with 90 spd who likely would have started next season, which definitely hurts. But then Casey Keenum decided to stay for his senior season, and all is right with the world.

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Dude, Casey Keenum? C'mon, it's Case...Just givin' you some crap, but Keenum is a stud, gotta get his name correct.

Ha...

20. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I have done mine - 7 teams left...

21. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I was surprised that one of my guys wanted to transfer (I did let him). Never happened to me in 09 using smaller schools. I've also never had anyone transfer in before, so I'm going to check to see if that Oregon TE will replace my TE that transferred. Also didn't think any of my players would declare for the draft... but he isn't going pro anymore :D

22. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

i think nevada and fresno are hte only ones left with incoming transfers - Why not just advance and if they dont want them they can cut them?

23. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I was thinking of that...Let me consider that for a minute.

24. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Is this from taking the dynasty offline then seing who all was going to transfer? If so, is this all of them? If it's not, get me the full list. Let me know...

25. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Yes that is the full list - I did it late last night