OFF-SEASON NIGHT: 9:30pm EDT TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

OFF-SEASON NIGHT: 9:30pm EDT TONIGHT!

Hey guys, just a reminder that we'll be finishing up the off-season tonight at 9:30pm EDT.

If you're finished recruiting, please post here. I know that Florida (me) and Penn State (psycho) are finished.

Really all we have to do is finish up recruiting, then do position changes. We'll stop briefly at progression so you guys can check that out.

Looking forward to getting to the next season tonight!

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

ND really dodged a bullet for the #1 recruit! After week 2 we both have a full bar, but he's #1 still. He's going to visit us both this week and he'll sign with ND. BUT, this week is a X2 week for me. I have 6 guys on my board for my final 4 spots and, luckily for ND, the #1 pick wasn't one of my X2s.

It would've been hilarious if I got so lucky as to pass ND for the #1 guy 2 years in a row with a timely X2 bonus!
    That makes 1 of us. I have nowhere to go but down this year, and with the talent that I lost, the descent is pretty much a given.

I'll make 3 predictions for this season right now.
    1. ND will get back to their winning ways against UofM, making it 5-1 against me. (nothing earth shattering there).
    2. I will get my first ever CPU loss in this dynasty. (I think I'm the final user that's been around for more than 1 season that hasn't lost to the CPU, and I've been here since day 1. I think I'm 46-0 against the CPU so far.)
    3. I will get my first ever USER loss to someone not named Dat or AG. (I just hope it's not freakin' MSU or Army!)

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Jello, wasn't last season supposed to be a tough year because of all the starters you lost?

I'd feel pretty good about next season if Archie were coming back. I really need an accurate QB for my offense to work. David Clark was intended to be Archie's career backup. Now he's going to start as a redshirt sophomore. I think he is anyway. Not sure what my freshman who redshirted was rated, but I guess if he progresses more than Clark they could be in the same ballpark. Should be interesting.

Basis- Michigan @ ND this year please.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I know I know I know... I can't believe how I've messed that up, especially being a Notre Dame fan! You'd have thought I would have done the OPPOSITE! Sorry Dat -- if we get through 2 more seasons that game will be in Indiana both times.

5. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Just to make sure, even though I think I've seen this posted before, I can get 8 four stars if I don't get a five star, right?

6. jello1717

Nah, I had a good team last year. I still had a ton of 90+ guys, and although I wasn't A+/A+/A+ for the first time in a while, I had some studs. This year I lose my stud QB (who led my team in rushing yards and TDs), my top 2 HBs who were 94 and 99 OVR, my top 2 WRs including Banks whom you have admitted is a stud (while you get to keep Spence).

I can replace my 2 HBs (with slightly inferior guys ATM, but still good backs) and losing Banks hurts as he was a gamebreaker, but I'm royally screwed @ QB. Depending on how progression looks I could very possibly be starting an ~80ish true FR QB. If my guys come in lower than 80, then it might be ~ 81ish FR(FS) or ~ 83ish JR(RS). Whomever it is pales greatly in comparison to Charles. Having a QB that can lead your team in rushing makes him extremely dangerous (as some of you found out up close and personal) and none of my QBs have the ability to do that.
    If it makes you feel any better, you only screwed up once (2 years ago). All of the other times were correct.

Yes. You get:
    1 5* or 4*
    7 4*
    + any bonus guys.

I wanted that 4* DE that you're going after (I'm not sure if you're going after more than 1) but after 2 weeks I couldn't crack his top 10 and had to cut bait on him.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I was looking at his ratings, and I want that #1 tackle bad. I think he's coming in as an 85+. Despite being ranked ahead of Michigan right now, I don't feel good about it. Jello will pull his negative recruiting / visit magic and I'll be facing this guy every year. He's a freaking mauler in the running game.

8. jello1717

I'm kinda surprised you want him. I think his pass blocking strength and footwork sucks (for someone of his caliber). I think they're only "C" or maybe "C+". I actually hope that I don't get him as there's a 4* DT that I'm going after as "plan B" that would help my team more. If I did sign him, you wouldn't be facing him next year as he'll RS his FR year like just about everyone else that joins my team (like the #1 MLB last year).

Believe me, I tried to work my negative recruiting magic on you, but it was impossible. ND is an A+ in pretty much everything so the only chances I ever have is "proximity to home" and "early PT" and I think you were a "B" in both of those which isn't negative recruit-able. While I'll use negative recruiting against some of the lesser schools, teams like Florida and ND (and Michigan for that matter) are pretty much impossible to negatively recruit against.

9. jello1717

Oh yeah. And PLEASE give me a CPU game first this year. With new starters at every skill position on offense I'm going to need a tuneup game before getting my ass handed to me @ ND. (If I do in fact start a true FR @ QB, it could be bordering on comical to see how he performs in South Bend!)

And after further examination of my roster in avid, I see that I'm actually returning 7 starters on defense, so while my offense is in real trouble, maybe my defense will be able to win me some games. Maybe they'll even allow me to compete for the Big Ten title. If my new offense doesn't stink too badly, I might do better than I expected!

As long as I don't follow in the footsteps of Florida and PSU from the last couple of years I'll be happy!

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm hoping I'm out of class by 9. I can't afford to miss recruiting....in case I'm not on by the time you guys start could someone take over for me and make sure I at least get the 5 star FS (idc about the SS). And whatever remaining recruits I have.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

How long does it take you to get home from class? We'll wait for you either way -- we only have 2.5 weeks of recruiting left, and then the rest is quick as hell. If we start at 9:45 it's really no big deal.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Class is scheduled until 10. But we never go that long. I could be let out anywhere from 9-9:30. Looks like a quick chapter, but like I said, I can't promise anything.