Off-Season Night: Friday, 1/8 at 9pm est

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Off-Season Night: Friday, 1/8 at 9pm est

How does this work for everyone? Here is the timeline that we are looking at for this week:

Bowl Week 2: currently in
    Championship Game: Thursday night, advance to "end of season" week (grab the file after this advance if you need it for your records!)
    Players Leaving & Advance to Offseason Recruiting Wk 1: Friday evening at 7pm est
    Advance to Offseason Recruiting Wk 2: Friday night at 9pm est, off-season night begins. We should be able to get into Season 4 Friday night/early Saturday.

Updated timeline.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm down with it.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I can do it, but it might be tough to get everyone on a Fri night. Let's try though.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would rather do a weekday, but with the demographic of our league, I'm thinking Friday night might work. Some people MAY have to make a sacrifice and stay in one night (like me) to get this thing pounded out.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Works for me, basis you could probably still make it out since we should be done by 11. I know that's my plan, hopefully the offseason gives me something to celebrate haha

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Works for me...

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Goooooooood point JC! This would especially work out for our middle and left coasters.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I will be late. I get off at 9 EST. Wont be home until 9:30-945

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm there.

11. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

works for me

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I can do it.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No problem man. If you get your week one stuff done ahead of time, we could delay the advance to week three of recruiting until you're home.

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Are we able to talk players out of leaving?

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Nope. That whole stage gets simmed and Basis will post who's leaving and for where.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yep, exactly Jello. Cuts and players leaving are simmed. I check the rosters at both spots to make sure that no penalties need to be levied for over-recruiting and violations of the like. You guys seem to enjoy playing the OD out in a fair manner, because there haven't been any violations yet that I have seen.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Here is an updated timeline. It is cutting things closer, and hopefully guys can actually do their week one stuff, although I'm pretty sure we'll be pushed back at least an hour if not more now on Friday. We'll wait for JMill out of fairness, so that means week two of the offseason recruiting will likely begin at 10 instead of being at week three by 9:45. Ah well, at least the next day is Saturday and not Monday.

Bowl Week 2: currently in
    Championship Game: Thursday night, advance to "end of season" week (grab the file after this advance if you need it for your records!)
    Players Leaving & Advance to Offseason Recruiting Wk 1: Friday evening at 7pm est
    Advance to Offseason Recruiting Wk 2: Friday night at 9pm est, off-season night begins. We should be able to get into Season 4 Friday night/early Saturday.

18. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

New schedule works for me

19. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

When are the new bonus recruits going to be posted? At 7 on Friday?

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Probably 7:30.

HOWEVER -- because the schedule had to change, I, along with JMill have issues with the new time. I get home from work at 6:45. My sister is going back to school for her final semester, so we were going to go out to dinner at that time as a family. JMill doesn't get home from work until 9:45 est anyway, and because of the changed schedule he won't be able to start his recruiting early like the rest of us.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

Would everyone be okay with THIS?

Bonus recruits go up at approx. 9pm est., and we'll be in week one of recruiting at that time. Then, we advance to week two at 10:15pm est, or whenever JMill is finished. That might be the best solution for everyone involved, since there are a lot of moving parts.

21. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Thats fine. The later the better on Friday night for me.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Wildcatter, I saw your response -- thanks! I'm pasting this over from the last page so no one misses it.

---------------

HERE'S THE DEAL:

Would everyone be okay with THIS?

Bonus recruits go up at approx. 9pm est., and we'll be in week one of recruiting at that time. Then, we advance to week two at 10:15pm est, or whenever JMill is finished. That might be the best solution for everyone involved, since there are a lot of moving parts.

23. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Not that I really need to say this but, I'm good and in, as long as its later then 9pm est.

As far as the bonus recruits, as long as they're listed ahead of time then the boards can be adjusted before we start... unless of course if your JMill.

If your JMill and flying in at the last second, I'd say as long as he's on his headset to ask questions about the list, and we exercise patience the first week, and maybe a little the second week, everything should good.

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Should be fine with me.

25. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Works for me...