Off-season night

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 23, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Off-season night

What's the odds of you guys being down to do this on Friday night?

Here's the deal. EA, in their infinite wisdom, decided to put a rule which almost ruins the off-season.

After every advance, you have to wait 20 mins before you can advance again.

Doing the off-season in 1 night with everyone on and chatting is the most fun. But realistically, there are about 7 or 8 advances during the off-season. Even if we do them all in the min 20 min span, we're looking at 140-160 mins, or 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

On a week night, no one is going to have the time to sit there and do this. On a Friday night...maybe.

However, I understand we have a diverse group in here. From the married with kids, to the bar crowd.

So if we can't do it Friday, we will have to do it step by step. There will be like 12 hour windows per week for guys to get their shit in so it doesn't drag out more than a few days.

Thoughts?

2. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Id like to get it done as quickly as possible. Hopefully not too late on Friday night is fine with me.

3. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

well if its an 8 advance ordeal, maybe we can do the first 4 on friday night, and then maybe do the other 4 over a 12 hour advance time the rest of the weekend?

i like the 12 hour thing though cause that gives enough time for people ( like me) that are very OCD when it comes to recruiting. im very detail oriented lol

plus we wont have wives or kids yelling at us heh

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Can't do it in one night. With 8 advances that is 20 mins x 8......160 mins of waiting. Tack that on to actual stuff of probably 120 mins....your looking at probably 280-300 mins or 5 hours.....fuck that.

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

i'm fine with splitting it up

6. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

Terrible timing for me because i will be out of the state starting Friday, but I understand I will just need to go the auto pilot route

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok 4 hours won't work..JMS is right. We're going to have to do the 1 step advance thing. After the bowls I'll post a schedule. But figure it will be a 12-15 hr window for each step with hard advances, if you miss out, your SOL

OSU - the parts you're going to miss are the players leaving, position changes, cuts. You can do the recruiting from the dynasty wire online. Also, if you have a friend that can do the stuff for you, let me know and I'll boot you/invite them or whatever.

Finally, there is likely to be some problem at the end of the off-season/advance to pre-season. It's happened it just about every league. We are dealing with it right now in T1. When we get to that point, I'm going to post instructions on how to work around it. But there is a likely chance that the dynasty will have to be retired and restarted. All of our records should remain in tact though, but it will just be a little confusing.

F'n EA

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

They've had this problem for 2 years now. Wish they'd figure it out. Not to put too much on the plate but by retire and restart are you saying a full restart back to original rosters or referring to the way around it?

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Naaa, the way Drifter and T2 did it was that when I advance from the end of Season 1 to the start of Pre-Season 2, I need someone to save the file (you know the popup you get when you log in). Then they have to go into their file management and convert it to an online dynasty or something and re-host it, without inviting anyone. He has to check it out to make sure everything looks good (ie players signed, teams in tact, records, etc).

Then everyone has to retire from the original dynasty that I host. The new dynasty commish has to invite me and transfer the commish powers to me. And then everyone else gets invited.

Or in other words...a giant fucking headache

10. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Thats the same shit from last year, right??

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

No last year it was only a problem IF YOU DID save the file weekly. If you didn't, never came up

12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

gotcha. guess it's a good thing i save the file every time

13. Stoker23

Stoker23 Walk On

Wow that is crazy.... I'm down with splitting it up with time frames....