Off-season plan?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 31, 2012.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

With this being the last week of the regular season, and only 2 games on the schedule. Then conf championship games and bowl games, with the rate we advance, looking at everything being done by Thurs-Fri.

What's the plan for the off-season? Do you guys bang it all out 1 night or advance 1 stage a day? Not sure how you guys have done it in the past.

2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

We almost have always got it out in one night in the past. Usually at like 8 EST or so.

With that said, I would really really like to be able to postpone this until Saturday if possible, because I will not be able to do off-season Friday night.

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

If we're going to do it 8pm, can it be moved to Sunday?

5. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

The commish will put it up to vote when the time comes and usually does it on a night when the majority of the members can be there. He's pretty fair about it and it take awhile so just because we start at 8 and you cant be on til 9 we arent very far along.

6. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Isn't it a new feature this year that you can do the entire offseason online? For some reason, I remember reading that somewhere, but I have no confirmation of it.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah same thing in T1, usually took about 2-3 hours, but that was before the scouting feature. Can only imagine how much longer that will take with us all having to scout new recruits.

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Like they said, I'll wait until we get to the bowl season to see how many user games there are and gauge when we should be done....Then I'll give you a few choices for dates. Obviously it is very doubtful that I can accommodate all 12 of you so the majority vote will win. Has anyone done an offseason yet though? Wasn't there something like you can do it all at once without having to advance in stages? I can't remember but it seems like I had heard that.

9. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

I simmed threw a season just to check it out. Its longer than last year. they added some new features, like telling you why the players are going pro or transferring and how to fix it. very detailed. It also appears there is off season recruiting. 5 weeks. I counted 15 different advances so it will be a long night.

10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Have you not had any of the past NCAA games? There has been off season recruiting for like 4 straight titles haha

11. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

yeah but i heard this year that there was no off season recruiting. Dont remember where i heard it from but its not true.

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I never heard that. You have poor sources sir haha

13. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

yeah looks like it. It came from hear at tso. Im trying to find it now.

14. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

You likely heard that there are no new recruits added to the database in the offseason, which is true. Just a mad scramble to scout and sign the kids who were there the whole time.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

are you sure about this? I asked a few other guys and they said that's not true. what they did remove is the "view new recruits" but there are new players in there, just no easy way to find em

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Michael Woodward

Not looking good to get a sub. Put up a post in T1 forum and asked a few guys other than that, no one seems to be available. So I guess I'm going to miss it. Will set cpu to do recruiting for me and stuff. Do you stop at pre-season and leave it there overnight so I can atleast start from the beginning in year 2?

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Do you have any friends who could do it from their comp or anything? and yeah, I'll stop at preseason.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Are we sure you can do it from a computer? Pretty much all my friends that play NCAA are on here like Helli, JMS, etc. But if we can def do it from a computer, I have an ipad so thinking I can do it on that.

It kind of sucks because it's year 1 and the first off-season, but honestly, I wasn't going to land any studs as 1* sub .500 record Buffalo and since we are a coaching carousel, I can always leave when my contract is up if the team sucks that bad so could be worse.

19. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah I'm pretty sure. If you go to EA Sports' website to the online dynasty, it shows a picture of what it looks like online and I've heard from other people that you can do it online.

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok well cool then. i will still set the cpu to do my crap incase it doesnt work, but atleast that's another option. thanks

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

You can do it online I think, because I am following the Coaching Carousel online right now as I type. I signed an extension online, and not on the xbox

22. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Not that it matters this year for my team. But do u guys have rules on who u are allowed to talk into staying and who u have to let walk?

23. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Only one. If you have a player that wants to transfer to Virginia, you have to let him go - because he's seen the light!

24. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

no

25. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

If you can.. talk them into coming into UMASS, home of minute-maid lemonade, and Julius Erving for a year.