Off-Season Recruiting Issues

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Off-Season Recruiting Issues

I've been looking online at this issue all morning, and it looks pretty bad.

From what I read, there is a chance we may not be able to fix the problem, and we may simply sim through recruiting regardless of what we do. However, we are going to try a couple of things that may help. I need you guys to do this:

1. Delete your save file. Don't save the dynasty. I know it's a pain to download every time, but apparently it helps sometimes. Saving as an offline dynasty, however, is just fine. No need to delete that file.

2. If you log in, and everyone is done, log out, especially if I'm on. If guys are in the dynasty when it advances, issues occur.

Now, last night, I hit the advance like I have done time and time again, and the CPU pushed us all the way through recruiting. If this happens again, are we prepared to move on? Personally, I will be hosed, since I was holding a few scholarships for guys who were ready to sign, guys I now won't get, but I suppose that's just the way it goes.

Anyway, if I can't get us to week two, we may not get to recruit off-season at all. If this happens, I suggest we find a way to adjust in-season recruiting to compensate, or just collectively agree to eat a big bag of shit.

I hate EA. And for all you econ buffs out there, this is a study in monopoly. This is what happens when a company is allowed to corner a market - the incentive to do good work disappears. Next thing you know, they're charging for what used to be free (Madden online franchise) and releasing sub-par products. Worse stuff. Higher prices. The end result of pure capitalism.

Sorry. It's the prof. in me :)

AG

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Well that's really disappointing.

Assuming it skips all the way through recruiting again tonight, here's the only thing I can think to do:

-Start over with week 1 of offseason recruiting like we did last night

-Make sure our offers make sense. If you had several offers out to guys with the idea of only signing one or two of them, you might want to trim down the offers so we don't break through our limits.

-Change our settings so that the CPU will auto-recruit for us, schedule visits for us, but NOT make offers for us. I'm hoping that will allow us to have success in signing a few guys in the offseason without having us sign guys we don't want or who will put us over our limits. Does that make sense / will it work?

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Makes sense - offer the guys you want up to your limit, put auto-recruiting on (but not auto-offers) and hope for the best.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I only have one halfback on my roster, after I lost two to the pros, and one transfered, so hopefully we can get this working.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think that's a good idea. If we get pushed through again, we'll start over again, set it up like you say, then just push through. I will still be screwed, since the save file I'm using was saved after I did my week one recruiting, but that is the price one pays, I suppose. I'm used to it.

OK, if we get hosed again, we will reset, make our offers, and roll the dice. Penalties will still apply, so don't over-offer. I don't think I have enough offers out there to go over, so we should be OK.

AG

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I really need this to work. I have like 12 people to sign.=(

But I will make do if it fails.:)

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I hope it works, this stinks for LSU. We have 22 spots and the CPU recruiting was really bad, half the guys signed now I wouldnt have even been looking at based on roster needs and so on.

I have my fingers crossed cause I have some spots to fill, if I am not allowed to recruit for myself its a lost cause I think.

Like everyone else we will make due with whatever happens.

I do think that if things get broke now there is a chance they are broke in a sim and people shouldnt have penalties, you should release players and we move on, set it up like we said we should and go.

AG you may want to check with Helli and or JFosh on the issue I bet they have a work around or a solution.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I would also suggest that you ask lilmaggie as well. He's the commish of my Southern Exposure OD and we didn't have these issues there. I know nothing about these things, but did you click on the "advance to week 2" box in the main recruiting screen or try to advance from somewhere else? It would seem like the "advance to week 2" box would work.

I could get screwed if we can't get recruiting done, but I'm probably much better off than a lot of others. I have 8 slots left to fill and I've only offered 8 guys. I won't go over, but I don't have assisted recruiting on so I probably wouldn't sign those guys. If we have to start over at week 1 and then turn on assisted recruiting I'd probably be fine. Obviously, I'm hoping this can get sorted out.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Also, this could possibly help you start over from scratch too.

If you were to rehost again from week 1, and I were to save the file, would it still have your week 1 recruiting in it? If it does, then nevermind. If it doesn't couldn't you:
    Rehost it
    Invite me
    I save it offline before doing any recruiting (and hopefully your recruiting would be reset)
    I host it and invite you
    You save it offline and you now have a reset week 1 dynasty file that you can use to invite everyone.

If anyone has a dynasty file that you saved before we had to rehost, and after the transfers stuff, but before doing any recruiting, he should be able to host it for AG to grab the file I would think.

10. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

The advance option within recruiting does nothing in online dynasties. I advanced TeamBuilder last night to Week Two, and it was using the same option that AG picked; it's a known bug that caused it to skip ahead, and no one really has an idea why. I posted some suggestions in the OOPS thread.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm fine with trying again tonight, if it's hosed then doing what Dat suggested...Seems like that would work out for the most part.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

just waiting on shaun at the moment.

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Just a reminder that I saved a file after the championship game. So if there's a way to use it so AG can re-do his week 1 recruiting, someone let us know. Hoping it won't come to that.

Bruce, I know LSU is probably short, but Geauxlden signed some good recruits before he left and I'm sure he had a lot of offers out. I figured LSU would be in decent shape.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Is there a timeframe for when he's expected to do his week?

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I don't know if it's been posted, but in the past we always went with nightly 10 or 11 pm eastern advances.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Me and Shaun have a game in TMFL and he said he cant play tonight. That is obviously a lot more time consuming though. I wouldnt worry about it, he'll show up, its still early.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have that file, too. Problem is, it's before transfers. I don't think re-doing those would go over well at all :(

Once shaun gets on, or 11 comes and goes, I'll advance. Don't be in the dynasty at this time. If you guys can get on right after (I'll send a message), maybe we can get a second it. Maybe.

AG

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, didn't know you were waiting on me...getting on.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll hold a few minutes. Have at it.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Give me 10 minutes max.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads: