Off-Season Recruiting Week One

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Post here when you're done, just so we know.

Note #1: New recruits ARE NOT bonus recruits. You can only go after them if you have the numbers, or if you missed on certain caliber guys in season. Guys who loaded up and have no room left may not chase these players.

Note #2: Big Ten schools can recruit up to 71, but MAY NOT breach the 1-7 rules. Also, the new recruits bumped some of the in-season bonus guys into new spots, so refer to the bonus list before assuming a guy who ends in zero is a bonus guy, cuz he's not anymore.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Note #3 - We are waiting here for everyone to get caught up. If you wanna push on, start texting guys.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arizona is done Week 1. A lot of nice players have been added and are available for the taking - none interested in the Wildcats. Nonetheless, I'll be living vicariously through you guys!

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm just gonna add my kicker and be done. My week one is over. By the end of week 2, I'll be done for the year.

Check your roster online ego. Did you get any transfers?

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I cant recruit so I am done as well.

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Just in case you guys don't see my other post I get home at 10:30 andwill rush to get it done fast so say 10:50 ish I will be done and set up threw week 1. Thanks for the patience it is appreciated.... and sorry guys for your loses looks like this patch needs to hurry ,because that was frustrating to read about guys losing games and players being un swayable.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm done, and really you don't have to wait for me anymore. I've got 1 guy who has soft committed to me and that brings me to 70. So even if I don't get the committ, don't wait on me tonight.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Yes you can. Recruit based on your in-season calculations. The CPU is just f-ing with us again. After all the end of year hosing, I'm ready to give guys a break. Let's just use it in modration, OK?

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

OK I am just recruiting 3 guys and I am done.

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

MSU is done with week 1.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Wait, you said in another post you only had 2 guys to your real cap. Fellow Pac-12 owner here cries foul! lol

12. soxandgators

Will be home in 90 mins and want to make sure I do this right... when I accept my invite I. DO NOT create a coach correct ?

13. egofailure

Correct.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

Lol don't worry their not very good anyways

15. soxandgators

Ty Sr really appreciate the help

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

I had to create a new coach to get it to work

17. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

My transfer failed. It says unable to finish accepting online dynasty invite at this time. Please try again later. Does anyone know what's going on?

18. egofailure

Try making a new coach with a different name than the one you used.

19. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

I did not create a coach last year. So my coach rating will be a D.

20. egofailure

Try making one. I know the D rating would suck, but you're still freakin' 'Bama. Just an idea to see if it lets you in the league. It worked for me.

21. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Thanks for the advice. i talked with uagrad90 that plays with zeroes to heroes. he seems to think there are server errors right now. He is having difficulty uploading files to the EA server from his game he just played. He said it was lagging and pausing during his game also. I am going to wait a little longer and see if the server improves and if not i will try your suggestion.

22. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

So wait, what if my bonus guy that committed isn't a bonus guy anymore and I'm filled at the 1-7 positions?

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Not at all. What I mean is, if guys just look at the numbers, they'll get a wrong idea of who the bonus guys are, since they got moved around by all the new names. I just want guys referring to the list and not the numbers when trying to figure out who is and isn't a bonus guy. Your bonus guy is still a bonus guy, and your numbers can still move in your favor because of it. The new guys, no matter where they fall on the list, are not bonus guys.

Any guy on the list is still on the list. Those are the only bonus guys, and they can't be made otherwise.

Make sense?

24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

When is this set to advance? I won't be home til 720 am ct....I'd like to atleast get my offers out in week one

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Due to all the CPU hosing, I am waiting for everyone. We all feel a bit screwed, and I'm not going to make that even worse on anyone. Tomorrow we kick it into gear and try to finish. For now, let's get everyone back in the dynasty, and caught up. The rest can wait a day, even if Ego gets a case of the shakes. :)