Off-Season Rule Violations (ALL READ/REPLY)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Off-Season Rule Violations (ALL READ/REPLY)

I filtered through all of my off-season save files Monday night to check in on things. Most were good and posted the information requested as you all are expected to do. However...

We had two violations in the off-season, one with Wader and the other with Spatin. Wader and I have talked and he understands the situation and accepts the penalty. Spatin has been a ghost since we recruited, I've tried to contact him here and on Live to no avail, so, he has no say at this point. I am postig these for everyone to see and understand. If rules are broken, there must be consequences.

Wader49

Wader's squad signed 25 scholarship athletes in the off-season when allowed only 17. He did cut it down to the capped number while staying within his 5/4/3/2/1 star alottment and most were CPU signings due to leaving CPU offers on. He corrected the mistake, but, it still should not have happened and he should have let me/us know immediately that it did. Not a big deal IMO but rules are rules and he fully understands that fact.

Wader will lose ONE 5* recruit this season.

SPatin

SPatin announced all position moves except one, the one that was against position change rules. He moved SR JoJo Nicholas from Safety to OLB, Nicholas met all height and weight requitements but at the time of the move had 87 Speed which is 1 above the cap of 86. Normally this is not that big of a deal if you were to ASK as Huronia did with his OLB to MLB (or vice-versa) but the fact that is was NOT a simple LB to LB move and that t was not posted as required won't be tolerated. I have tried to contact him as I stated above to hear his side to no avail so the penalty is set.

SPatin will lose ONE 5* recruit this season AND the player in question (Nicholas) will effectively lose his eligibility, meaning, he CAN NOT play a down this season AND when the CPU redshirts him (like they should if he does not play like he is now supposed to) he will be CUT from the roster in the offseason and that scholarship is lost for that season.

I'm sure some will think I'm being a douche on this but in my opinion rules are there for a reason. I think we've got a pretty good core group here but we have to stay within our set rules and guidelines. I will be stickying this until everyone has posted that they have read it and you all understand.

I will be away the next few days but you can still get ahold of me through PM is need be as I'll check on my iPhone as much as possible.

Thanks guys,

-J-

Murk, if you could adjust the scholarships thread to fit this, I'd appreciate it.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think both situations were handled very well. Much better than I could've done so.

I think the key thing with SP was that he didn't ask. Whether he forgot to post the change or he did it on purpose...who knows..

I think they are fair.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Yep. I wanted to talk to SPatin but that has been to no avail. If soething would've been said or he'd just asked, then no problems.

4. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

JMan, just now saw your message(s). Sorry I haven't replied to you. I usually don't look at my notifications on here OR even notice them if I'm on.

I actually posted my position changes BEFORE I made that one... I wasn't really "sure" about the move since he was an 87, so I actually didn't know if I was going to keep it... When we advanced, I was still kind of "messing around" with some of the guys.

Also, I wasn't able to fill some of my LB vacancies because I ended up missing two weeks of off-season recruiting (advanced Week One BEFORE the off-season was scheduled, AND in Week Three I finished my recruiting at :39, which should have been one minute before our advance, but you had already started it, so when mine "updated" it didn't save/advance with the dynasty), so I was a little more "desperate" and inclined to make or even consider the move of Nicholas.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

read it and understood

6. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

read & understood

7. wader49

wader49 Walk On

fair rulings, i totally understand, wont happen again. Moving on.

Can i sign another 4 star now or does that go to my 1-3 star number?

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Your numbers in the Scholarship Thread are what you can sign.

You can always sign 4 stars instead of 5 stars, etc.

9. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

read and understood

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Read and Understand