Off Season schedule for 2010

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Aug 18, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Off Season schedule for 2010

Our off-season is just around the corner. So lets dial in how we are going to make this happen. There is really only 2 things different than last season. You get to talk your own players into staying and the addition of new recruits in the off-season recruiting.

I liked when we did it all in one night and I think we can get it about as much time as it takes to play a game.

Players Leaving - 8 min (there is not much to this could go faster)

Transfer Requests -5 min (not much to this either)
    Recruitng

Week 1 - 20 minutes (should be enough to add a few new recruits to your board)
    Week 2- 10 minutes
    Week 3 - 5 minutes (you should be dialed in at this point.)
    Week 4 - 5 minutes
    Week 5 - 5 minutes (cause you know bruce is still recruiting)

Training Results - 5 minutes

Cut Players - 10 minutes

Total time 1 hour 13 minutes.

Start Pre-season

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Boss, you want I should move this to our forum? lol

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

the deuce

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Looks great Fosher...and yes I am still recruiting.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

beat ya 2 it....oops

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ComYu6OiUp4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ComYu6OiUp4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The only thing that I think is unrealistic is the first week of recruiting. I really feel that it will take up to a half an hour for that. then the subsequent weeks look fine, but unless you have seen how MANY players are added in the offseason (have you simmed one or done one offline?) you will be surprised. Some of the best players in the class are usually added, then there are a ton of players overall including 3/4 star guys that we will need time to look through.

I know people don't wanna hear it but I think we should schedule 2 hours total for this offseason.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes and these should be hard times.......we have tried this and people still take forever or don't communicate that they are done...

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just as lon as we do it on a week night I dont care how long it takes.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

yeah I agree but we have to be flexible on week 1. Seriously, there's a lot to look at. the good thing is that we save a ton of time with the commish not having to fuck with all our players leaving shit offline then put it back up, etc. so it's a tradeoff.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

A ton is 2000!!! I dont know how man recruits come in what do you think 50. But how many new guys are going to be interested in you. You went through this in your article. How many new guys were there? And how many of those guys were better than the ones you already recruited?

Anyway the times can be adjusted to what you guys think will work.

Trust me Im going to have my stop watch out!!!!

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I went through it yes but I didn't count.

All I can say is, I've kept my board lean all season in hopes that we'll see some better recruits. This is truly an atrocious class.

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

So your sayin you dont like bruce's class? Cause he said its a monster!!!

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

there are a few good players and Bruce has landed an awful lot of them. Just compared to the first one - and the players interested in Georgia - it's awful.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Those new recruits won't commit until week three or four, so it takes some time to sift through them. Just speaking from personal experience. The best thing is the ability to have everyone chatting. We had a blast when we did it.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it takes time to sift through and if you don't get on a guy until week 2 (and somebody else did) you are DONE.

So that's why I'm saying in week 1, we should be prepared for half an hour or maybe more.

17. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

honestly I almost think we have folks talk their guys into coming back, advance and then give folks some time to look over the recruits before we all get online and pound it out.

keep in mind last year we did it like that because recruiting was in its final stretch and by weeks three and four most of us were done.

very different beast this time around with new guys on the board for us to sift through. i'm not sure its something you can just push people through - especially for those of us who are playing with lower prestige schools. its tougher to find 3 star needles in the haystack than 5 star orgasm generators.

i.e. advance at like 8 p.m. eastern on day one, then regroup at 8 eastern (or whatever) the next night and then pound out the season.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

as long as we get thru the entire thing in around an hour and half-hour 45 should be fine. good chance we make up time in the later weeks that we need for week 1.

i wouldn't go "hard times". i would say for example, at the 8 min mark of players leaving..
    "whose left" "juggs and helli" "you guys have 2 mins"

we all have lives outside of this. some of you guys have kids. wives/girlfriends. phone call. and the unavoidable piss with those of us who will be drinking. gotta give a little leeway.

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

This is definitely an option B I think this is what they did in T2. One of the more enjoyable things is the recruiting anyway

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I say we should just try and pound it out all at once, atleast in one day. Some guys in the OFFL did some testing and I think they averaged about 40-45 new recruits a year. It won't take long to decide which three to four of those you are willing to pump a ton of time into.

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    that's quite a bit of new recruits...i don't really have the room for the new ones anyway, especially since i went for a bigger class then i should have.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL at testing.

you search for "all" before the advance (a)

you search for "all" after the advance. (b)

b-a

sorry I'm just a prick.

23. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

HAHAHA, Helli was that slave talk?

24. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

you will see at least 2 or 3 studs and some othe rplayers that can come in and play right away from the new recruits....

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol... that's his alternate personality.... "Plantation Helli"