Off-Season Schedule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How do you guys want to do it?

Wanna hook up a group chat on AIM or something?

We doing a single night, or spreading it out?

I'll put together some kind of schedule once I hear from you guys.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

If we could do one night, Saturday night works the best.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I bet we could move to week one of recruiting like we did last year (because we don't get to sway) and then chip away at it until Saturday, and then finish that night. I'll post the players leaving list here, and we'll sim through transfers as always, so week one happens no matter what.

Word to the wise - if anyone is planning a playbook change, especially a defensive one, and you want to recruit for it over the off-season, change your book immediately after your bowl game. They will lock when I advance, and you'll want your need positions to show up correctly when you're trying to fill them.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Is ND 3-4 or 4-3?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

They are a 3-4 by default, but I moved them to a 4-3, and recruited for it.

The still have a massive NT (I think he's 365 lbs of something) and lots of backers, so you could go back to a 3-4 if you wanted to, but I was running a 4-3.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

hey thatguy what playbooks are you running at FSU?

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I like this suggestion. I should be available Saturday evening.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We could start after the playoff games end, or maybe do a week during halftime of each game, and then polish it off after the games end. Pre-season Sunday morning, and a new season begins that night.

Sounds like it'll work if we get things played tonight.

9. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Saturday night is bad for me ... My Packers are playing the Falcons at 8pm EST.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You watching it at home?

11. thatguy188

Nope. Going out.

EDIT: Well, I dont know yet, I might. Either way, Ill be glued to the TV and drinkin lol. What is it that well be doing anyways?

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We'll be advancinf through the steps of the off-season. We'll recruit, make position changes, cut players, all that jazz - or most of it, at least.

13. thatguy188

Hmmm I might be able to participate.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

recruiting

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We're going to do it when most of us are available, and also after the games. We might squeeze in a week during halftime, or advance once or twice during the day because people are done, but I don't see it as an all-nighter at all. It wasn't last year. If we get a couple of recruiting weeks in before the games start, we'll zip right through it.

If all goes well, we'll advance to week one late tonight. If we all jump on tomorrow before we go wherever we're going to watch the games (for me, that's a recliner in front of my big screen) then we'll be at week 2. We move from 2 to three after the games, and after that, most guys are pretty much done, so weeks four and five go really fast. SIm past signing day. Sim past training results. Give some time for position changes. Give a few minutes for cuts. Bingo. New season.

Now, if everyone hops on late tonight and recruits, we get another week ahead, but I couldn't see that as certain.

So far, no one has said they can't play tonight, so I think this is possible.

So who's gonna be Debbie-Downer and F it all up? [​IMG]

16. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I am out of town thru the weekend, but am basically done recruiting except for like 3 guys....Can anyone login for me and make a couple of cuts and one position change for me? I can PM my login info and i think Archie already has it..

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd do it, but when I tried last year, I couldn't log in as you. Not sure why. Could someone else give it a shot this year?

18. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

You have to create a whole new login for your ps3. Cant have two EA accounts for one ps3 name.

As for my schedule I should be available in the morning Saturday through the afternoon. Once you guys figure it out can someone post a schedule on here?

19. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I'm cool with whatever. I played my bowl game.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I won't be able todo anything until after the steelers game I'm hosting a pa expat party at my house so I will be tied up

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think if we get the games played, and people can recruit week one so we can advance after the second game, I think that's about all we could ask for. Then, we can use the whole day Sunday to finish the process, or get as far as we can Saturday night.

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have to look to make certain, but I don't think I can sign any recruits