Off Season Vote

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Black Republican, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Off Season Schedule

1. Keep the same .. Roughly week of down time

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Change ... One day off season

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

In efforts to eliminate down time; everyone please vote whether to keep the process as is. Which is majority vote typically yields a Sunday draft day, which falls 4-6 days after the Superbowl.
    The remedy for this would be vote for a total off season day. This day will include all activities; starting with free agency bidding roughly 2 hour before the voted draft time. Advancing through the stages every 10-15 minutes.

After initial bids are placed this is ample time for free agency as things don't change much. An extra 30+ minutes will be alloted for scouting prior to draft. Questions, concerns, comments leave them. But vote.

2. Black Republican

3. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

I voted keep same

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'll try most things once

• Like Like x 1
  5. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I love the idea of a one day offseason but just not sure if it's feasible. Would love to try it but at the same time I love the anticipation and shit taking involved in a longer offseason.

I voted yes, I'd like to try it but wouldn't be upset either way

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Keep the same. We have a bunch of guys that miss the draft already but at least they can do the other stages. A one day offseason will hamstring anyone who misses pretty severely

• Like Like x 1
  7. Black Republican

It'll really be a 2/3 day process...

Advance after SB .. Allow resigning 24 hours ... Advance to first round of FA allow bids....

From this point a draft day will have already been selected and the rest of the rds and draft will commence same day. There's little to no change in FA bids after the initial offers as big name guys don't sign until final day anyway. So the loss would be the same really. Everyones concern is down time and playing. This would save 3-5 days of downtime for 5 minutes worth of game tasks.

• Like Like x 4
  8. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Another deal with this is what if the super bowl happens to be played on say a Tuesday? Most people aren't going to be able to make a Wed - Fri draft so if that happens we may as well keep it the same.

If it's played on a Friday or Saturday though this would be great

• Like Like x 1
  9. Black Republican

Draft day will go to vote, if it plays out where a fast paced push wouldn't be advantageous to the league then we won't do it. But if 12+ people vote on a weekday we'll push with that day. Why 12, this is the number of active votes typically received in terms of voting days/time.

• Like Like x 3
  10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I wouldn't mind the short version but, I'm afraid I might miss too much of it. I voted to keep it the same but, I might change my vote

11. Troy

Troy Walk On

I vote either way I like both senerios

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'd like to keep things the same. Change sucks :p

In all seriousness, I prefer a slower offseason just because it allows me to put all the energy i need to in the thing i do best. Building a roster. Playing with it is where i have my troubles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Shit I might miss this draft too, I'll be in Florida from 3/7 to 3/11. Just trying to plan this out in my head and see what works for me...
    Advance to W15: 2/22
    Advance to W16: 2/24
    Advance to W17: 2/26
    Wildcard: 2/28
    Divisional: 3/2
    Conf. Champ: 3/4
    SB: 3/6

That's if we have no early advances. 3/6 is a Friday. I'm anticipating maybe we advance to off-season that Friday/Saturday. So I'm going to vote for taking a week to do the off-season instead of the 2 to 3 day just because in this instance it doesn't benefit me. In the future I would like to try the 2-3 day off-season. Maybe we can get a date out there like halfway through next season that way we all can try to plan to be home that afternoon/evening.

We shall see how the cards fall....

14. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

No way the playoffs need to take that long! We've been 24 hour advance with whole league many weeks not to mention playoffs consist of less than half of the teams......

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Woo knows nelly, we may be able to draft before your vacation

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i voted to keep the same, the advance schedule is fast and furious already and at some point, we are going to hear people groaning about being burnt out...We are going to play about 6 seasons which is a lot, dont see any reason to rock the boat.

17. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Yeah I actually voted to change it not realizing that I too will be in Florida for my graduation on 3/6-3/7. But maintaining the idea of change maybe we can advance FA signing every 12 hrs to keep the flow of the league going. Just an idea, becuase if the schedule is set after a SB on a Friday the draft would be during the week (with 12hr FA advances) which never pans out correctly for any schedule.

18. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

BR don't finalize anything. .I could change my vote for a quick off season if playoffs get done this weekend

• Like Like x 1
  19. Black Republican

Looks like we will keep the same plan and plan accordingly when the playoffs conclude.

20. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

We are going to be stalled forever on this off-season if we stick with only drafting on a weekend.

21. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I want a option to just have a faster off season and have the draft Thursday or Friday

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Troy

Troy Walk On

All I have to say is if you are going to kick me out of this league dont be tagging me in post anymore

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Troy

Troy Walk On

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

This post is two weeks old, from before you got kicked. You were notified because you had commented previously. So why don't you just click the unwatch thread in the corner and go on your way.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

he mad

• Funny Funny x 4