Off-Season Wednesday

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Off-Season Wednesday

Guys,

If we sit down and get to it, we can get quite a bit done in a short time. Wednesday night, we are going to try to get through as much as we can. We have five weeks of recruiting, of which I'm guessing most of us will only need a few, or if we need them all, it'll be for just a few recruits, and won't take long at all. We have position changes, cuts, and then the preseason.

Here's what I'd like to do:

We finish the players leaving by 7:30. I advance. Then we recruit as quickly as we can, but without shouting at guys to hurry. Some of us need lots of help, and we'll need to take some time. Besides, the mandatory 20 minute wait between advances will make sure we don't get silly about it.

We do as much as we can, and we post in the forums when it's OK to move on without us. For example, if I sign all the guys I'm allowed, I come to this thread and post "done with recruiting" and the rest of the group moves on without you.

If we communicate, we can do it no problem. If we don't get enough done, we keep trying before and after the Thursday games, but not during.

I'd like everyone to post here, so I know you have read this, and you won't claim ignorance if we move on without you.

Let's try to do as much as we can. We've been pretty lazy lately. It's time to get back on pace.

AG

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

loud and clear, I hope to sign like 7 or 8 more...would of been easier with a NC ring...:( stupid longhorns

3. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i f'd up. my fantasy draft is on wednesday night. i'm available all thursday night to do offseason stuff.

4. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Got it!
    Question: Can we handle all of the off season stuff via computer on the EA website (in case I'm stuck at work, at least I can pull up the old laptop) ???

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Can't do it. First night of the season. I bet that's why your draft isn't on Thursday either.

Can we do the recruiting online? I can't hold it all up for one guy. Not again.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have no idea, but I want to know.

7. BulldogBully

I've been doing a lot of my weekly recruiting online through the regular season, so hopefully the off season stuff can be done online too.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What would you guys think of just advancing every half hour, on the half hour?

Bruce needs solid times to make it work. If we go on the half hour, it would look like this:

7:30 - recruiting week 1
    8:00 - week 2
    8:30 - week 3
    9:00 - week 4
    9:30 - week 5
    10:00 - signing day (skip this, but we'll have to wait 20 minutes)
    10:20 - position changes
    10:50 - training results (skip)
    11:10 - cuts
    11:40 - preseason

We leave preseason for the next day. Those who finish recruiting can leave and come back at the right time to do whatever steps they need. If we do it on time (which I will) then guys don't have to be constantly in touch to see when the next step is going to happen. All they have to do is look at the list, and be ready to do what they gotta do. One night. No fuss.

Think we can do it? Want to start it earlier? Say the word.

9. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i'm assuming everything is EST and the time listed is when it begins. if that's the case, can we push everything back 30 mins?

that's my only request.

10. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm as flexible as they come. Just way whenever. I'd really like to get this done before the weekend.

Also, I'm 95.5% sure that you can recruit from your computer during the off-season.

11. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

i can make this work i think. and i would be shocked if you cant recruit online. but:

is this not a be too rushed? meaning no way we all are gonna make one night. can we break it up into halves (half tonight, half friday)? or at least, if everyone cant make it, can we leave it at cuts so ppl can cut tomorrow (seems like a somewhat important aspect)?

whatever is decided im good with. just love the off-season and would hate a couple to miss out on it. although, with recruiting online, most should be able to pull off something

also, arch, should we now maybe begin a one gathered thread in game scheduling for next yr schedules with everyones brief (meaning talk and confirm with your user opponents beforehand) 4-game OOC wish-list?

heath

12. egofailure

In another league, we were able to get through the entire thing in 90 minutes or so, but we were all in an AIM chat, so it was really easy. (Plus, for whatever reason, we didn't have to wait 20 minutes to advance in between.) Half the battle is just getting everyone online at the same time. Once we're here, it's crazy how quickly things can get done. Is everyone at least aware of the tentative plan at this point?

13. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

^^^this is def the ideal. hopefully everyone can make it.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah in my other league "Zeroes to Heroes" we got this all done in about 2 hours. I cannot do it friday night, I am the assistant head coach of my high school football team so I am at the field house until at least 12, and sometimes later. So I have to request we don't do it Friday. It would really suck since I am availiable pretty much all weekend otherwise.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've tried recruiting from the computer this morning it's not working. It shows that I have 10 Hrs. but there is no record for both my recruiting board and for the searched recruits.

16. egofailure

Goose, none of us can recruit yet. Once we advance from the players leaving stage, we'll all be able to recruit again.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

it might be too rushed. I figured we would give it a shot, and see what happens. If we get a bunch of guys who can't get it all in, we'd split it into two days.

But I really want to move to preseason before I leave Friday morning.

18. BulldogBully

I can make tonight work. Are those times EST? 30 min to an hour earlier would be nice. I've got to teach Thur. morning and then finish the day at the store, so it'll be a long day. But like mostly everybody else is saying, getting it done before the weekend is crucial. It's the opening weekend! We usually set up tailgate on Friday evening and then we are on campus ALL day on Saturday. Anybody else have the opportunity (are you located close enough) to make the games of your respective schools?

19. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

I don't get off work until 9:00pm est and won't get home til 9:30 and they have the ea stie blocked at work so i can't do it online at work..

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I get coaches tickets to every Carolina game, but since I am born and bred Penn State fan I only go if it is A. a big game, or B. Penn State is off

So I will be going to Alabama, then the next one is going to be Tennessee, then road trippin it down to Gainsville to see the Florida USC game.

21. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Whatever you guys decide, I can make work. I am in the central time zone and the later, the better,

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

All I hear from you guys is Stop, Wait, Don't. You're all like Sample's prom date.

Is anyone ever gonna get hosed for the benefit of the group, or are we just going to keep making allowances for each and every schedule difficulty?

You bunch of sissy-poo-pound-puppies.

That is all,

AG

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Do it tonight 9:00 est and move forward? That seems like a good enough concession to everyone.

24. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

This.

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If we move it to 9 EST, then I want to move it along quickly, and stick with it.

Guys who can't be there, or quit to go to bed will have to live with being simmed to whatever point we reach. I want that known up front.

And guys who want to do a lot of recruiting better know who they're going after before we start. I'm sure we'll all be looking at the new adds, but the guys who are not new better already be on your boards. I won't be listening to anyone crying foul over not having enough time. There will be plenty for the guys who are prepared.

I may allow a little extra time for position changes, but I expect all changes to be posted (someone get that thread up for me when it's time) and all coaches to set their teams ready to advance as soon as they are finished with a week.

9 PM EST. I'll post a schedule later. I suggest we stop caring about the guys who constantly ask for allowances, and start focusing on those who don't. It's just a game. No need to hold it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.