Off Season

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Big Suge Knight, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Off Season

With the bowl week all being one week now what are our off season plans? I know there is the delay between advances so one night may not be possible.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

There are delays????

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You have a minimum of 20 minutes between advances...that isn't that big of a deal.

I prefer Friday/Saturday night if everyone is available.

My intention is to get CC's then bowls done as soon as possible then advance through the first couple of weeks before we all meet up to finish.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Unfortunately I wont be around friday or saturday, i'll be out at the lake with no internet access, let alone an xbox. I don't want to be the one to hold everyone else up though, so if everyone else is good with that I wont cry myself to sleep at night over missed recruits.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Friday or Saturday nights are the worst for me. I'm 24, and it is the summer. I also work for a living so I feel that pain too. If we started at 9:30 edt on a "school night" we would be finished before 11pm.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Amen brother. :beernana:

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

My math seems flawed. Say there are 8 stages to the offseason, that is 160 minutes -- almost 3 hours.

How long did The Deuce's offseason take?

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Saturday night is no good for me, gotta work. Friday or Sunday are good.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

not with the minimum 20 wait between stages, with 11 stages (players leaving, transfers, 5 weeks of recruiting, signing day, position changes, training results and cuts), an entire offseason would take over 3 hours. The deuce offseason night was nearly an hour and a half and we started at week 5 of recruiting.

Besides, when I was single, my Friday night didn't start until midnight, so you should be good. ;)

I would prefer Friday or Saturday night, but I can try and be flexible.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Mine start at 8 and end at around 4. They are loooooong nights... :D

We'll see what happens I guess. If we waited until Sunday, that would knock out at least two more stages of offseason and bring us 40 minutes closer. I'm glad I covered my shoddy math before your post Dru!

11. Hova

That blows hard

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I could try Friday if we start early enough, I work all weekend. Damn new job. Sunday is also good.

13. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Any day.

I'm old, fat, bald, and my life ended when my wife got pregnant the first time, so I need these off season nights to make me believe I have a social life. (y)

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Friday and Saturday nights are not good at all for me at all, I work until midnight both nights. If we did a few weeks advances on Friday and Saturday i could get mine in before work since I go in around 12:30.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

starting to sound like Sunday is the way to go

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Sunday 8 or 9 pm ET!

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Alright, Sunday it is. Hard for me, because the kids start back to school Monday.

Hurry the eff up and get your CC and Bowl games in so we can knock out a bunch of offseason tasks.

Since you can recruit online, there is really no reason we can't knock of a couple weeks per day.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aye Aye

19. Hova

I got a fantasty football draft sunday. Guess I gotta multitask.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Shouldn't be that hard to switch between tabs lol

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I actually can't recruit online, but that should be ok. I only have 2 schollies open and if there aren't any great offseason guys I'll likely hold them for 2011.

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I wont be able to get on the internet until sunday evening, starting friday afternoon, but if you guys really want to get a couple weeks knocked out before sunday I dont want to be the one holding everyone up.

But if we do advance to the offseason sometime Thursday, I could get some stuff done online during the day on friday.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It might be tough to do an offseason night this season due to it still being the summer and things getting kind of hectic for those with kids, those taking vacations, etc.

While it sucks, I would rather have everyone be able to do some form of offseason activity than no one at all. Maybe we'll skip it? Maybe we can do it one night next week and only have an hour or so to finish it?

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Did anything get decided here? I just wanted to know because I'm heading out of town soon and wont be able to check the website. If you guys want to get a couple weeks of recruiting of whatever out of the way before Sunday just let me know and I'll have someone take care of it for me while I'm gone if thats ok with you guys.

25. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

It looks like we still have a couple of bowl games that won't be played until tomorrow afternoon. Do we still want to try to knock out the whole offseason tomorrow night?