Off-Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Sep 4, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Off-Season

We need to discuss how we want to do the off-season thing as far as a timeline goes. I want it fast. Does anyone know how many stages of recruting there are? There are about 5 other steps, plus however many recruting steps there are. So that is a bunch of advancing. Any suggestions? Is there anything that I need to keep track of and post in case some guys miss it, such as final recruting class rank, players leaving etc. I suggest at least 2 stages a day or possibly do it all in 1 night if we can get everyone online, which will be nearly impossible. What do you think?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm down for whatever.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

No less then 1 stage a night, that would get us started with week 1 by the end of next week the latest.

I do suggest some of you tightening up your ooc schedule. With all the talk about how easy the cpu is, no more games against MTSU, LA Tech, or any other schools alike. And maybe require everyone to play at least one user game ooc.

4. GoGators

yeah, let's add 1 out of conference user game this season. The reason we didn't last year was just to keep the schedules the way they actually are in 09. Since we don't know the `10 schedules yet, we can make them however we want.

5. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

we should do em all in 1 night.cus u do them, then u gotta do preseason... preseason could be done quick too, but jus depends.as far as stages, i believe its 6 weeks of recruiting. but if we tried doin 1 step a night we would never finish. its best u jus set a time and date where we can do offseason, and we all get it done. if a few cant make it they are just out of luck. otherwise it will take 2 weeks to finish what could be done in 30 mins

6. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

We'll probably be done with bowls by wed. at the latest. Put some times you can do it here and we can get an idea for a time slot we can all use. I'm good anytime after 3:30 eastern except on Wed. when I'll be able to play at 5:30.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I could do it any weeknight after 10 but need to be off my midnight. In TF4 we did the post season stuff in about a week by advancing once a day. It wasn't too bad.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea. I would love to be able to do it all in 1 night, but there's no way that you can screw over the guys who can't make that window. There's way too much important stuff that gets done during the offseason and it would really screw someone if they couldn't do it.

Here's a perfect example. This guy only has a 2 hour window. The chances of getting the other 11 guys to all be free during this narrow window is about 0. But you can't penalize this guy (and it would be a severe penalty given how crappy the CPU recruits and cuts players) just because of this.

If we can all get together at one time, that'd be extremely aswesome, but if we can't, I emphatically vote that we don't screw over those who can not make that time.

9. BDSDIGITAL

I can't imagine that Lil Maggie will go for this. What if it's set for a time that you can't make it at? Would this be ok with you? I'm 100% against this....and imagine everyone else would be too.....wow.

I vote that we set a firm advance time like 8pm or 10 pm or whatever every night and give everyone 24 hours to get each step in. If you miss the advance time then that's your bad but you were given a chance. Killajo is on vacation for a few days still too we should probably wait for him. Besides weeks 4 and 5 might not even be necessary for all of us... We got it done in TF 4 in a little over a week. What's wrong with taking a week between seasons? We got another 11 months before NCAA 2011 comes out....what's the rush?

10. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

yes i actually would be ok with it because its for the better of the dynasty. thats like sayin we should never skip somebodies game eventho every last game in college football is important. Every other dynasty i been in did it like that and everybodies been ok with it. stuff like players leaving, transfers, training, should not take 1 day to do, they arent even that important. transfers get accecpeted, players leaving is the biggest of the 3 and most of the time we cant even keep those players. im with whatever, but i jus dont think stretching somethin into a week from what can take 30-45 mins because of a couple people isnt pointless when we dont do so for games which are more important

11. lilmaggie

Well, I am not gonna wait for KillaJo, he will be gone until the 10th or 12th. Also, I can't have a set date/time for each day because I am not on the Xbox everyday. If their are 5 recruting steps, thats 10 or 11 advances just to get to pre-season. I am in a rush because I don't like this part of the dynasty. I wanna play and recruit in season. But I realize that some people like it. I will probably set it up to advance twice a day, some days will get skipped if I can't get to my Xbox. I would hope that everyone make it a priority to get done quickly whatever you want done with your teams as soon as the next phase becomes available. I will layout some kind of schedule-but it will be estamated not exact. I want to be done in 4-5 days max.

12. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

now see, doing it that way would actually be worse for what yall are arguin because that means everybody will have certain things skipped. like i said, its best to me that we @ least get a big chunk out the way by gettin as many people on @ 1 time and getting through the little things. if worst comes to worst maggie can set teams who cant make it to autopilot so the comp will still do the recruiting and what not for you (although majority of ur recruiting was done during reg season) but like i said, whatever way we choose is fine for me, whether it benefits me or not

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Speak for yourself. I only signed 3 guys during the regular season and I desperately need to recruit in the offseason.

Also, doing it twice per day would almost certainly mean that I would miss out on half of the advancements since I work/sleep for 2/3 of the day. We've also seen that this wouldn't work for Castor either as he only has a 2 hour window.

14. GoGators

Yeah, if everyone can't fit it in their schedule to advance twice/day I don't think it's fair to do so. I think we should do one advance per day in order to accommodate everyone and if we can get done early with some stages than we can advance early.

It's really unfair because some stages are more important than other stages. For instance, the last 2 weeks of offseason recruiting aren't very important, but the first 2 weeks are if your class isn't set yet. Also, cutting players or redshirting players is also an important stage.

15. BDSDIGITAL

I don't apologize for it either. Sorry guys. I have a career and a family and can't just drop shit to recruit on a video game. If we advance twice a day I would pretty much miss half of it too. If we do this because some people don't enjoy this stage (I don't either really) or because we're in a hurry to get to next season I'm going to be really, really shitty.

16. lilmaggie

Ok. We will do it one step a day; but I will not be able everyday. There are 12 steps. So a minimum of 2 weeks maybe closer to 3. This will be the league killer. But whatever! Ill advance after the NC game.

17. GoGators

Lilmaggie, I haven't checked on this years version, but is there any way you can promote someone else to having league manager powers? If so, I could potentially help you advance us every day if it's even possible.

18. lilmaggie

I don't think there is any way to do that.

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

natl champ is done