Off-season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bamagrad, Aug 26, 2012.

1. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

This Afternoon the Dyn will advance to the Off-season. please post in here if yr not going to be able to make it tonight for the off-season. basically from the rest of the recruiting weeks 1-5 through Cut Days, I'll need u here if you want yr team to be right for the next season. Then I'll work on the schedule tonight also to get ready for week 1.

Again Post in here if yr not going to make it tonight. also add me as a friend so i can get u invited to the chat on psn tonight so we can chat while everything is going on.

my info is in my sig.

Off-season officially begins at 8:30 central tonight.

Hope to see everyone there.

2. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

I can make it. Though it'd be good if we can start a little bit earlier if possible. A hurricane is supposed to be hitting some time tonight and I'm not sure how long my power / internet will hold out once the wind picks up.

3. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

I wont be able to make it tonight. Sorry

4. bamagrad

Antonio T.

I sent u a request for friend on psn so i can invite u to the chat room for tonights offseason.

5. bamagrad

Pre-season is up, so make sure you get yr recruiting board set and do yr depth chart and redshirting.

Adv to week 1 is tonight at 11pm central.

6. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

For the second straight year, we have to open AT Northern Illinois? What happened to the home and home scheduling? Season 1 the score was 76-27. Well, I don't think Iowa fan base is partial to traveling there 2 years in a row. I'm letting you know now, this game could get really ugly......

7. bamagrad

as long as you don't break the scoring cap of 72 points or your team will find out how ugly it could get.

meaning keep it respectful, don't go apeshit crazy cause yr on the road to start off the season.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  8. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

What you're gonna do? Boot me cause I told you what might happen after the commissioner didn't realize he scheduled the same team on the road (at a lower level opponent) back-to-back years? To be called a sim league, that is very un-sim like. At least I didn't just go on ahead an test your theory like someone else just did.... Purdue just won 82-3 at Ga. Tech....

9. bamagrad

Antonio T.

Have u been a Commish and have to deal with scheduling every year for everyone in the league?? If not then I would suggest u keep yr comments to yrself. Plus I hadn't realized That U had Opened on the road last season.

But Since you Talked yr way out of this League Then I'll be Happy to Oblige.

Seems to me that if alot things don't agree with you, u come right out and attack people on it. Rule #1 in any league here on TSO is never Call out the Commish. We have a Big Job already and certainly don't need drama majors in the mix.

Plus Drama Majors tend to bring down everyone in the league with their constant whining and crying over certain things. (post on if 12 min is too long) and a whole list of other complaints

I'm sure yr a good guy, but you need to re-evalute yr priorties if yr gonna make it in any league here on TSO.

Adios!!

Bamagrad

10. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Well, first of all, YES I have been a commissioner in various online games over the past 15+ years, any the key is as the commissioner. YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR GAME. Because there are players out there who will let you know when you are doing wrong. Just because you are the commish does not absolve you from any discussions/conflicts This "whatever I say goes" mantra is played and you really need to evaluate that. As for complaints, how are you ever gonna make your league better if you're not open to criticism? If don't agree with something, I put it out there for discussion. That makes the WHOLE LEAGUE better. But booting for not breaking any of your "rules" is childish especially since I was definitely one of the players who got my games in more than most. But since you are booting me, here some advice that a commish should be able to do.

1. Be the keeper of the league. You have to be able to see everything, somethings you will miss, but don't get pissed off every time a player calls you out in it (constrictive criticism). Being a leader doesn't absolve you from it. Being the Navy for 15 years, I've led plenty of junior sailors on certain tasks and If I just said "my way or the highway" There's no way I would still have this job. As the one in charge people will always challenge your authority no matter where you are or what job you may be doing.
    2. The commish never EVER, EVER, changes teams during the season unless the everyone is in agree with it. As a commissioner, you damn well should have known that. I just looks like you abused your power for your benefit.
    3. If you're gonna make rule change THROW IT OUT IN THE FORUMS before you decide your word is final. I don't think one player in the league agreed that the point cap should be set at 72 points, and you didn't even propose a vote on the quarter change, even when other players said the same thing.
    4. The leagues that last ALWAYS and consider (even if they don't like it, which leads to a vote) inputs from other owners. You don't seem to be very open to that.

I'm not mad that you're booting me, it's your league, but I can guarantee you it won't last long of you don't re-evaluate yourself, buddy. Take care.

11. BlkNGld

BlkNGld Walk On

Sorry it took me a while to get into the chat room for the off season stuff...didn't know that was going on and you were checking to see if everyone was ready to go...still learning!! :) Will be there for the next off season...

On another topic, I did find where to shut off the CPU assistance so hopefully won't have that issue happen again...

As a clarification on the whole don't exceed numbers on recruiting. When you are recruiting, it shows how many scholarships you have left...is that the number you can't exceed? I wasn't even aware you could exceed that if it was.

D

12. bamagrad

you should have a good number depends on yr Sr's and how many u think will go early in the draft.

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft with aforementioned rules.
    C = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + 2= total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

you have 70 slots on yr roster, if the numbers go over then if u don't cut them then the cpu will. and i've been down that road before.

plus the game gives u 24 schollies but from the quote there, if u do the math u come up with how many schollies you have beginning this year. the only reason i have penelties for recruiting is to be able to keep yr roster at a reasonable rate in which you can still compete and not just overload on yr roster with all the good talent. I've seen it happen in other dynasties where one just overloads and leaves the cpu/user with little left and not being able to compete.

Hope this helps.

BlkNGld