Off-Season

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, Jan 12, 2013.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

ATTN ALL OWNERS:

The 2013 Off-Season schedule is being looked at right now, and will depend on the speed of the playoffs. I would LOVE to have the playoffs done by tuesday, but that is wishful thinking for the most part. If that did happen we would hold the draft on Sunday 01/20 @10AM EST. If we finish the playoffs later than Tuesday, I will most likely slow down the off-season to have the draft of Sunday 01/27 as most owners are available on Sundays.

I need ALL owners to register for their Skype account as the Skype chatroom will be our main line of communication during the draft and the off-season stages. I will still post all announcements in the forums, but EVERYONE needs to be in the chat. As of right now, these are the owners who are NOT in the skype chat:

Lobster Killah
    platinumjol14
    AWinkler02
    Aspect1
    sploofdogg
    Snake Eyez
    kezo NY
    SFRANGER6969
    Matthew Keves
    jay2149
    Raytex3
    Anthrax78
    GDip
    brizz98
    SmashMouthFB33
    MidMachine

Add me as a skype contact RRAHx2 and I will add you to the chat.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

officially on skype.

3. GDip

GDip Walk On

you're gonna have the draft at 7amPST/8am MST? seems a bit early if you ask me. I won't be there either way as long as it's on sunday, but don't you think you should put this thing up to a vote see when works best for everyone? like we did last month after season 1 of the original?

also, as for the skype thing, I could go through the mumbo jumbo of creating an acct. and signing up, but I would never have it on. So that's why I haven't signed up as of yet. Just not interested in creating an account for something I won't use. I check this site everyday, isn't that good enough?

*edit* and sorry if i'm coming off as a bit of a grump... I'm a Bronco fan and, well, ya... gonna take some time :)

4. RRAHx2

No you don't have to make a skype account. But going off of our last draft, hardly anything was discussed on the boards during the draft. So if you are not participating in the draft anyway, it's your choice really. It is a tool we use for owners to contact each other quicker and easier, and also to build league activity. The Skype chat is open 24/7, so it is not going to be used only for the draft. Your choice.

As far as the draft. This is the same time we held it at last year, and the draft is roughly 1.5 - 2 hours long. Both of the Championship games are going to be on 01/20 so we can't have the draft during the games. Therefore, it will have to be either before or after. I doubt anyone is going to want to hold the draft at 11PM EST Sunday night. So that only leaves us with Sunday morning. It is easier to get guys on before their day starts and before they have stuff to do, as opposed to night time. So that's why we are having it in the morning.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

No shame the way the Broncos lost yesterday, that was a classic. I understand your pain (Lions fan, enough said)

6. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

anthraxwestcott78, signed on.

7. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Yeah it went great last time. Loved the way we did the draft.

8. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

The draft worked great last time!!!

9. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Im so dang happy atm pats back in the AFC Championship. Sucks Gronk is done but we prove we can beat a great defense without him. I will be at the draft it was fun last time.

10. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

RRAHx2

When will the wildcard round be advanced boss??

11. RRAHx2

Monday morning hopefully.

12. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

The Rams Management is looking to trade down to later in the first round and are entertaining any and all offers available.

13. RRAHx2

what is your skype name

14. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

I am on Sykpe too, I added you last night. I dont use it that often so I am not sure if did it right :p but I dont see the league chat that you told me about.

15. RRAHx2

I added you in there.. under your "Recent" list you should see a conversation called Rookie Symposium. That is the chatroom.

16. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

aspect11, I think??

17. RRAHx2

Request sent

18. RRAHx2

ATTN OWNERS: The first week of the Off-season is here! I would STRONGLY recommend joining the league Skype chat as the off-season can get pretty hectic and that is the quickest way to reach me.

I will advance to the next stage of the off-season tomorrow night @ 12AM EST

Lobster Killah
    Boman5
    RRAHx2
    Crowe

oneshot24
    NateDawg
    HatchBurrito
    AwaLL

nellycuz
    mmorgan184
    Snake Eyez
    sploofdogg

Aspect1
    AWinkler02
    platinumjol14

SmashMouthFB33
    Troy J.
    The Rulah
    MidMachine

SFRANGER6969
    Matthew Keves
    jay2149

Anthrax78
    xassassin4lifex
    Selvy9
    Raytex3

GDip
    ConiglioSG
    Elemnt
    brizz98

19. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

So how are we doing free agents this year? I see a certain QB decided to unretire...

20. RRAHx2

Oh thanks for reminding me... *updating now*

21. RRAHx2

In addition to the Team Management Rules we currently have.. there will be 2 new rules put into effect this year.

Contract Guidelines

1. All contracts that are longer than 2 years in length or have a total value exceeding $3.00M, must have a signing bonus of atleast 25% of the value of the total contract.

EXAMPLE: 4YR contract for $7.5M base and $2.5M bonus = VALID contract. Base + Bonus = $10M. Bonus ($2.5M)/$10M = 25%
    ................4YR Contract for $8M base and $2M bonus = INVALID contract. Base + Bonus = $10M. Bonus($2.00M)/$10.00M = 20%.

2. Length of deals: you may not offer more contract years to a player than they are asking for.

EXAMPLE: QB Tom Brady wants a 4-year deal. You may offer him a deal between 1-4 years. If you offer him a 5-year deal and he accepts it you will eat the cap penalty when you drop him for failing to comply with the rule.

*IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE RULES ASK BEFORE YOU OFFER A CONTRACT. IF A PLAYER ACCEPTS AN INVALID CONTRACT, YOU WILL BE FORCED TO DROP HIM AND TAKE THE CAP HIT*

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  22. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Big time bummer by joining a couple weeks to late (game wise). Reggie Bush, Sean Smith, Randy Starks, Chris Clemons all wont even negotiate with me. Some of my best players... bleh! Tough times ahead lol

23. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Brett Farve??

• Like Like x 1
  24. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Also just got Skype, name should be AwaLL2k10. Not sure how to find the chat though

25. RRAHx2

Who knows maybe you can get upgrades in the FA Pool.. that's alot of Salary you are dumping there!