off season

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by EAsportsKiLLer85, Jan 19, 2013.

1. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

3. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

4. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

Just advanced to players leaving

5. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

Everyone make sure you read the rules about off-season stuff like talking players into staying etc.

6. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

I'm ready to advance

7. GodsGiftWPS

GodsGiftWPS Banned

This is taking forever.

8. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

What is the hold up? We're only on players leaving...

9. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

Sorry guys ive been busy

10. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

Advacnced to recruiting

11. GodsGiftWPS

GodsGiftWPS Banned

It has taken a week to get here...need to start messaging people and stuff.

12. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Any chance of putting up some kind of advance schedule? I'm fine with advancing it every 12 hours as I can recruit to make up for my transfers on the PC. Not sure if everyone else is able to do that or not, though. Just want to get things moving.

14. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

alright 12hr advances

15. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

Nxt advance is at 11pm guys

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Also, the way the conferences are right now, we've got 4 ACC teams (2 in each division), 4 SEC teams (3 in one division, 1 in the other), and 1 Big Ten team. We need to find a way to get this a little more even. One idea I had was to put everyone in the same conference (move the schools). Maybe put all the ACC schools on one side, all SEC schools on the other, and flip a coin for OSU. I don't see people chomping at the bit to get in the league, so this might allow for some more intense battles for the conference title.

To go along with that, we need more posting from about half the league. Riptides hasn't been on the site at all for a while. I don't recall ever seeing a post from FootballGuru6 in this forum. hog501 and GodsGiftWPS are new, but I've only seen two posts from GodsGiftWPS (both in this thread). I know hog501 had an issue where he COULDN'T post, so hopefully that is fixed now. Just want a little bit more chatter around here. If we end up going the all in one conference route, it'd be nice to get a "roll call" going to see who is still in. Maybe we need to do that anyway...

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Might want to make sure that works for everyone. It'd suck to not have access to it on PC and miss a week of recruiting if you needed it. I'm sure it will work fine for all, but just a caveat.

18. GodsGiftWPS

GodsGiftWPS Banned

I haven't posted because there hasn't been a need to. Would rather NOT have all teams in same conference, those dynasties tend to take much longer to advance.

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You've played games in the league, though, right? While it hasn't been pushed that hard, technically we're all supposed to do write-ups on the game. More is expected in a user game, but a small write-up for CPU games is still desired. I think we all could do better with communication on here (myself included).

20. GodsGiftWPS

GodsGiftWPS Banned

How about we get through the off-season and then we can worry about write-ups.

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I don't expect anyone to go back at this point and do write-ups on last season's games. Just saying that it's always been one of those things league members are supposed to do and we, as a group, have been lax about it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

I'm done recruiting so don't worry about me. The quicker we can get through this the better. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on the conference alignment so we all have an idea what everyone prefers.

• Like Like x 1
  23. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

More user games the better, hands down.

24. hog501

hog501 Banned

As far as the advancing goes, I would love to see it move more quickly. Whatever schedule is made, I can stick with it.
    When it comes to putting everyone in the same conference, it is a great idea and it does provide more user match-ups and ultimately more competition. But in a league where we're having trouble advancing it can be a bad idea. Nothing ruins a league faster than weeks that seem to go dormant due to users not being on the same page or simply being un-available. Bottom line is I'm down for whatever is decided but you should make a commitment to an advance period if we're going to combine conferences. Leagues I run have a 48hr advance time unless I have a personal msg from a user asking for more time. If there is no msg or adequate reason the game is simmed. If you commit to a time period such as this it will help things move smoothly without conflict and question as to when we will advance next.

I will also participate in the game writeups and will probably post about signed recruits if I land some good ones. Only played a couple games last season so it wasn't really necessary.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

I'm on board for a stern 48 hour advance, that is what we started with in this dynasty anyway and it fell off the wagon. That is just the norm around here anyway to have a set advance schedule whether 24,48, or 72. Your either on board or your not. As Hog said, if you cant make a time it is your duty to let the league know. We have a pretty solid group here so we should find a plan and stick with it. Everything will go smoothly that way.

• Like Like x 1