Off topic(but still about football:))

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Off topic(but still about football:))

I just wanted to know whats everyone's opinion is on the big uproar about the Colts. They sat players in there final two games and missed out on the perfect season. Now the government is getting involved and NFL commish goodell is going crazy saying something like "if you play starters when you have all you can win wrapped up, then we will give you extra draft picks"

IMO WTF.

Its the colts choice to sit or start manning and the rest, i think more harm is done sitting people than to play them at least till the game is out of hand. You lose your edge and get a little rusty. Im sure its hard on a player when a coach says "Your not playing for the last two games, Come playoff time in a month, i want you back at midseason form"

As for Goodell, WTF. If i was the rams and the colts get an extra pick in the 3rd and pushed back my pick in the fourth, i would go crazy. To me its like the rich getting richer when you start making up draft picks and give them to the top teams because they started players in meaningless games.

Heres the ox answer...The NFL makes the schedule, if this is such a big problem then make the last month all divisional games. There ya go problem solved. Things wouldnt be so set in stone when you still got 4 divisional games in the last month.

Enough rambling, What does MEGA think about it.

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I don't thinl the government needs to get involved for sure

But I will say if I was a season ticket holder or even just bought tickets for the week 15 game I would have been highly upset considering what teams charge for tickets. They should have probably only charged half price for those tickets , people don't want to pay all that money to see the back ups in what ended up being a preseason game pretty much.

3. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Nevermind just the fans who bought tickets to the game. There is so much money tied up in TV rights, and fans don't want to tune in to watch Rambo hand off to Bueller.

Doesn't your US government have bigger fish to fry than meddling in baseball, football etc.? Next they'll try to institute some sort of glowing puck for hockey and then I'll be irate.

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Saw that idea posted as a reply on profootballtalk. Was/is that you?

I think it is the best idea yet. Simple, easy, logical. Makes way too much sense.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

You must be from the frozen wasteland known as Canada... hahah just messing.

I gamble, and any smart gambler knows to stay away from teams that have already clinched everything they can get, and the colts coach wouldnt comment on sitting people before the Jets game, so the fans should have known something was up.

They played wayne and clark this past week until they got the 100th catch and then sat them for the rest of the game. Why would the colts dismiss a team record like a undefeated season and then go for personal records like manning's 170 odd start and 100 catches by two players? Doesnt make any damn sense.

I made it to finals of my big money fantasy league with manning and wayne. I was forced to sit wayne and starting manning cuase there was nothing else left that could even get me close to a half of mannings stats. Irritated me like hell, but i still made 500 bucks by getting to the finals so im not that upset, if manning would have played the whole game i would have won.

6. scarface

scarface Walk On

All I can say as a Bears fan, I wish my team was worried about playing or resting players.

All these teams bitching and moaning about the Colts lying down, (for example the steelers whined about it, ) should shut up and make sure they win their games.

Its not up to the Colts to try and make sure they beat XXXX team so XXXXX team has a shot at the playoffs, back to the steelers, if they wanted to make sure they made the dance then dont lose 5 straight.

I say do what you feel is right for your team you EARNED the right to sit or play guys for having a good team.
    While it sucks for season ticket holders those guys are now going to enjoy a home playoff game so again STFU.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

who gives a f00k if they sit their players? i dont. I hate the colts and hope they lose everytime the play(im a Titans fan) but i dont think its a big deal that they rested their players. when they were still undefeated i think i would have played manning at least til the 4th quarter because that game was close. the last week of season i would have played him for the whole first half. unfortunately im not a coach.

* they will take heat if they lose, but thats the witchhunt that our media is in this country unfortunately.

8. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

all i got to say is look what happen to wes walker when he played his season is done!

9. Kan

Kan Walk On

I thought the Colts getting pulled in game 15 was fine. However, then for them to come back in Game 16, try for some personal records and then leave was a joke.