Off Topic chatter

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by PAgamer07, Feb 6, 2011.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I think we need one of these as active as we are. Feel free to discuss anything non Redshirts related here. It wont be moved like everything else is ;)

Go!

2. PAgamer07

So... Yeah. Its Superbowl Sunday. Who ya got?

Its no secret Im a Steelers fan, but Im afraid the Pack is gonna whoop us. It's ok though, im stocked on my favorite beverage (Becks) and good ta go.

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Steelers 31-27!

4. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Don't care who wins, but I got Packers 4, Steelers 0 on my squares board.

5. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

meh, kinda hoping Ben Rapelothlisberger doesn't win another super bowl....

6. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

being a Browns fan...i can only root against the awsome steeler empire...........

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

$200 richer. If only they had score faster and given GB a chance at a field goal!

8. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Glad the Pack won, nothing against the Steelers. It's funny how I don't give a shit about NFL but always get REALLY drunk for the SB.

9. PAgamer07

lol, yeah im about to pass out on my keyboard as I work on the archive.. you fuckers are costing me sleep!

10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

@ryalaman

in the middle of the ACC schedule, why in the hell is Maryland playing Longwood ?

11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I got so drunk I forgot to eat, now I'm super hungover. Only vomitted in 2 different places that I can remember so I didn't beat the spread.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

No idea. We played them last year too right in the middle of the ACC schedule and VT played them about a week ago too. I'm assuming there's someone at Longwood with ACC/Gary Williams ties, but I couldn't tell you what they were.

And have you seen the LDII emails? His mother is a goldmine of comedy.

13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

no, I haven't seen any emails, I've seen some of the facebook crap about Rashaad McCants' dad talking bad about Roy.

I just found the emails, about to read em.

14. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You will not be disappointed. She comes off as legitimately insane.

15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Can you tell me anything about Andre Powell? Apparently he's rumored to be the next RB coach here after our last guy lasted about 3 weeks before taking the RB coach job with the Colts.

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

He's a hard one to explain. He's a good guy, players like playing for him, he's well liked and can recruit solidly. The main reasons he was let go was our field goal kicking (he was our special teams coach too) and him and Dabo butted heads at the start of the season on naming a starting running back, any blind man could see Ellington was a better back then Harper but Powell stayed on this "I'll let Harper or Ellington decide between themselves who starts" bullstuff. He would be a solid hire but I think Maryland could find someone better.

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Well, I guess we couldnt find anyone better. Looks like he was offered (and will accept) the job. I was kinda hoping we could get a local HS coach or something to be the RB coach just to lock down the area. PSU already raids the area and now UVA is doing some good work too.

But all in all, I can't be too upset yet. The rumor going around is that Randy Shannon is now the leader for the DC job which would be a homerun hire in every way.

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yeah Randy Shannon is a good coach, just not a good head coach. Powell will be a good hire. Most Clemson fans/players were upset at the firing of him.

19. PAgamer07

Any baseball fans out there besides me and AJ? Id like to start up a fantasy baseball keeper league and am wondering if any of you guys would be interested.

20. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

o mylanta, don't get me started on baseball. College baseball I will keep up with a little but the MLB is a pointless waste

21. PAgamer07

lol. Care to elaborate? Youd think you would be a big fan as good as Clemson has been ;)

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm a huge Orioles fan. Which is kind of a shame since I'm too young to even really remember 1997 (the last time the team had a winning record). But I liked our offseason... hopefully we can finish at about .500 this year.

24. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I guess you want to get me started.............

It's not that I hate the sport, I was a pitcher and was on an AAU team up until high school (I think) but the fact to either GO to a baseball game or watch it on tv makes me want to blow my brains out. It's so damn boring to watch or keep up with, at least during the regular season. The actual season is to long. I'll start watching it around October when it matters. I'll keep up with the Braves but I don't watch it or get into it to much.

I don't run home or make sure to stay home to watch a Clemson baseball game if its even on tv like I do college bball or fball. I do keep up with it only because of the site I get all the insider crap keeps up with baseball stuff too.

I can't watch hockey or soccer either, I've tried, just can't get interested in either sport. I did watch the World Cup, I thought that was awesome but the regular soccer teams don't interest me.

25. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Man, I can't find it on youtube but 2 weeks ago Bill Maher had an awesome segment on why the NFL kicks the MLBs ass.