Off Topic: When did you start playing online football?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by antcap24, Nov 17, 2010.

1. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am cleaning out my attic today and came across my old dreamcast system. I started thinking about the age group in which this league consists of, and wondered if anyone else used to play back in the old days on dreamcast?

So for me, I started in the glory days of NFL2k1...

How about you guys?

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You know... I honestly think thats when it was for me too. NFL2k1, great freaking game. I didn't do much outside of jump in to play randoms but the Bills were tough to stop on the ground back then with Travis Henry and Willis McGahee.

Good times.

3. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Not sure about online play, probably madden on the first Xbox. But football in general... it's Techmo baby. It started for me on the original Nintendo and Techmo Super Bowl!! In fact I still have the original game and system. In fact that's how I became a Cowboys fan. Back in the late 80's when I was 4 or 5, I didn't really know any of the teams. But I would always pick the team with a star because I knew what a star was, and it just stuck. The Bengals (Im from Cincinnati) were terrible in the 90's so I grew up a Cowboys fan instead.

4. Keller

Whats our ongoing record against one another on Tecmo Rush? Aren't we like 1-1 or 2-2 or something?

5. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

It's something like that. We've only played a few games, but I do recall you beating me in the last game. If I recall right it was half time of the Super Bowl. I think that was back in high school lol.

6. Keller

Dude that was the shit. Good times. I think it was the Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson Superbowl so when was that?

7. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Hmm it's hard to remember that far back. I remember Kenny, Steve and Daveo being there for that SB. It may have been a different one.

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I started playing online this year...lol

9. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Online play started also with Dreamcast... 2k1 sounds right... or was 2k online? One of those was my first anyway. I loved it.

Just for shits and snickers.... Here's my timeline...

Nintendo: Tecmo Bowl and Super Tecmo
    Sega Genesis: Joe Montana Football (the original!) then onto Sports Talk Joe Montana
    Dreamcast - NFL 2k, 2k1
    PS2 - 2k1 - 2k3? something like that
    XBox - NFL Live? Was that the name? My buddy got me into it when we lived together, the QB was HUGE presnap.
    PS2 - Madden 2005 - 2008 or 09
    XBox360 - Madden 2011

Took a 2 year layoff there when PS3 and 360 came out.... didn't get one until last Xmas.

10. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

1st played online on PC in '98. Best version of online franchise ever.

11. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Madden and NCAA 08, Im a solid player, I believe I compete with the best of em, looking forward to my game against rusher

12. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I've played Madden since Madden 93. I was PC only until 2009.

13. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Probably online on since 2007. Blitz on N64 was my game man.