Off-Topic

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Nov 8, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Anyone getting Skyrim on Friday? I'm stoked for it.

2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

You mean MW3 lol? I'm picking it up after work tonight!!!

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Haha story time. So last night after studying from 4:30-10:30 for my Calc exam (which i feel was ridiculous!) I went to go get in line for MW3. I went there and saw maybe 20 people outside so i was saying to myself "Fuck yeah im gonna get this game right away!" So i walked into the store to finalize my receipt and I go in there and the guy says "O hey the first 50 people will get in for raffles and such like that" Then proceeds to write a 153 at the top of my receipt. So i go back outside and talk to a dude who had been there since 6pm! And he was 39th. I was stunned. Then they organize the line and i happen to be 3rd from last. But then a few people came and said they hadn't finalized their receipts to they had to wait behind us. I then talked to people for the next hour and one dude told me the Skyrim release would be even larger (which is now making me go there at 6pm Thursday night to get it). So around 11:45 people start lining up and getting ready. Then someone says they saw the other line and it was stretched down like 50 people. That meant 210 people were there to get that game. So if you calculate 210 * 60 = $12600! Talk about a great money maker. Then you can total the amount of people who got the MLG or Elite package which is another $50. When i get to the store (after 5 mins) i look down at the line and it stretched out 3 blocks. Just wow. So i got my game and have yet to play it =[ I won't be able to until 5 after my lab (yes i put this bowl game and league ahead of a new game!)

Can't wait for Skyrim am pre-ordering it in an hour :D

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't even know either of these were coming out (and had to google Skyrim to even see what that was). I liked almost everything about Oblivion so I'll probably get that (but who knows how much I'll play it when given the choice between NCAA (offline and OD) and Skyrim). I loved the wide open gameplay of Oblivion, but hated the skill system (I hate how 1 character can become the perfect swordsman, archer, rogue, healer, damage caster, etc). I'm sure I'll still love Skyrim though.

COD: Black Ops was the first FPS game I ever bought and I only bought it because of the combat training mode (I generally last a few seconds per life in FPS games against all the people who play them all the time). If MW3 has combat training I might get it, but still probably not.

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

MW3 has a mode called Survival. It is similar to combat training and zombies mixed together. Waves of enemies come at you with each level containing more enemies. You can team up with a buddy or 3 and it looks like a lot of fun. The commercial with Jonah Hill is awesome lol!

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Dark elf..

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I've become addicted for Forza 4. I may consider MW3 to play with my high school buddies but I'm not sure I'll have time at this point.....I had no idea what skyrim even was until a week ago.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Skyrim is 6 years in the making. Should be epic.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I really wanted forza 4 because 3 was AMAZING but I'm limited to the games I can "buy"

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. DAO was amazing and I was looking forward to DA2 which was a HUGE let down. I need a new RPG to play.

11. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Fill me in...I'm to lazy to even google it right now (y)

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

did you play any of the elder scrolls games? i.e oblivion

13. Darkwing

How much is Forza 4? I've never played a Forza game and want to get this but reading the Tradition Racing thread saw some mention of buying a 40 or 50 dollar "pack" along with the game

14. Darkwing

Haha..nope
    I've really only ever played sports games outside of COD/Halo & old school Nintendo stuff

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Forza is the best racing game on the market IMO and there are a SHIT TON of add ons for the game.

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

its pretty much a massive RPG that one could easily dump a good 300+hrs into it

17. Darkwing

Fingers-crossed for some sweet Black Friday deals :D

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol the add ons are only available via live so I don't think there will be some killer deal on them

19. Darkwing

Well I need Forza and MW3...and I just bought FIFA for my gf since she beat me Bama v. Ohio State

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

DA2 was one of the biggest disappoints video game-wise i've ever witnessed, such a let down with so much promise.

You know with Bethesda and the Elder Scrolls series that your going to get a good game....actually a great game.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Have you seen the preview for the game the Curt Schilling has put together called Reckoning yet? My old roommate showed me and it looks SICK. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReckoningTheGame?feature=pvchclk#p/u/17/DhoJ3NcoqO4

It looks similar to a WoW game so i've never gotten into that but this looks amazing.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yep Kingdoms of Amular. An action RPG. I've been following this for awhile. The team he has working on it is amazing. Todd Macfarlan and RA Salvatore to name a few.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

todd mcfarland, is he the guy from the spawn comics?

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And spider-man.

25. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yep and salvatore wrote the drizzt duorden books (d&d)