Offensive/Defensive Schemes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Sep 13, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

So are you going to stick with what your team currently uses, or are you going to stray away? I'm going to stick with the Panthers pb on offense, I love it.

On defense, I'm switching to the 3-4. Dan Conner is a decent second MLB at 80 OVR, far better than the second DT on the roster (69 OVR), so it just makes sense to me. This approach has worked very well for me. I'm 11-7 overall in online ranked games, using exclusively the Panthers. I've beat the Eagles, Steelers, Ravens (blow-outs), so I can't wait to meet some real sim challanges.

Thoughts?

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Bills are actively looking for an offensive identity - I tend to favor a good zone running scheme with short passing. Defensively we're a 3-4 team. Don't have the ends to run a 4-3 otherwise Dareus would slide inside next to Kyle Williams and dominate.

In a perfect world, Merriman and Moats would move to DE but alas, no position changes in Online Franchise = the suck.

3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Falcons are going to stick with a 4-3 scheme as it fits my personnel best. As far as offense goes....

I have tried about 20 different playbooks and have not found anything I feel comfortable with. I feel like its a struggle right now for me to get in any type of flow on Offense.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I going to stay with Green Bays offense, its a passing gold mine.

As for defense, I am probably going to go 4-3, but might still with 3-4...whatever utilizes my secondary, Clay Matthews and AJ Hawk the best.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Has anyone confirmed custom playbooks do not work in OD? They work in ranked games, just wondering. If not well be using the iggles book.

6. Keller

Confirmed they do not work - unless something has changed in Online Franchise since release.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lions Offense and 4-3.

Expect to see alot of 5-2 to take advantage of our Dline depth

8. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Vikes and 4-3 currently

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Going to be a bitch to run against your D (for whoever plays you).

10. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Will be going with west coast O and giants D. I love the 5-2 D on here with the giants stacked D line. Works very well against certain formations, forces teams to keep extra guys to block if they don't the sacks will pile up with my guys having 95 and 97 acc.

11. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Not me thank God..(unless we meet in the SB lol)

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Thought we could only use 3-4 and 4-3 as base Ds?

13. Keller

That is from last years tidbit - they've obviously expanded a bit on playbooks this year.

The only way to find out if we need to outlaw something is to test it - I obviously have not had a chance to do that with the 5-2.

Check it out and see what you think and report back.

14. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

The Chargers are going to use the most balanced playbook in the game the Falcons Playbook
    on defense we are going to use the 3-4 Defensive Playbook

15. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

Staying with the default Texans playbooks, they just switched to a 3-4 with Wade Phillips coming in this year. I ALWAYS have been a 4-3 player, but I'm welcoming a new challenge so we shall see what happens.

16. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

If the 5-2 is taken away. I will just resign. You will be taking away the strength of my D. My D line is the strength of my D I have poor lbs. If the 5-2 gets outlawed then the 3 -4 should be also. Yes the 5-2 can be A great D formation but you can also get burned.

17. Hova

5-2 would only be used in running situations for me, you will get ate alive vs 3 or 4 WR sets, unlike the 3-4 scheme

18. Keller

If removing the 5-2 makes you want to resign - you might as well leave now.

• Like Like x 4
  19. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I guess that did not sound right. Din't realy mean it that way.

20. Keller

Thats alright man. We're just all about simulation and fair play - if something that is new (ie new defensive formations/plays etc) breaks the game, then we outlaw it. I hope that makes sense.

No one has really gotten in and tested things fully yet (not in Online Franchise at least against other human opponents) so more than likely we'll only address it if we have to.

By and large though, everyone should be switching up their play calling and such that it should not matter if you mix in some 5-2 on 3rd and 2 or 4th and inches or 1st and 10 for that matter. Its all about balance and fairness - as long as we have that, everything is gravy.

21. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I understand. I Don't use it as my base D anyway I mainly use it against 3wr sets because it forces teams to keep extra blockers in and it does not work well with all d's just seems to work well with the Giants because of the D line speed. Its just that I have been investing time in practicing useing it.

22. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You sir are the King of SIM lol

23. Hova

Ive never used the 5-2 in my life until this year so I could utilize fairley, is that considered a cheese defense? lol

24. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

With the way to PMW is overpowered this year I'd imagine there will be all kinds of ways to exploit protections with the 5-2. I think we should look into it.

25. Hova

I can pancake the G 90 % of the time with Suh anyways but I control the safety so that wont be an issue lol