Offensive line blocking questions

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Jul 31, 2011.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The L2 and direction for offensive line blocking in game is it for run blocking, pass blocking, or both?

If they are used in run blocking is the following in accurate:

L2 + up (aggressive)- used for power runs, dives, qb sneaks, option runs

L2 + down (pinch)- draws

L2 + left- sweeps, stretch, and toss plays left

L2 + right- sweeps, stretch, and toss plays right

Thanks

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Does this actually help in some way, because I have honestly never even tried using it (going back to NCAA 2010 or whenever they implemented it)?

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

it can. it certainly isn't something you need to use more than 10 times a game (if that). and its more useful against humans than the computer.

i've never used it for running, but for passing its good when you have an opponent overloading one side of the field and likely blitzing from there, or a guy who likes to shift his DEs and LBs all over the place. so if a guy is bringing a bunch of guys from the left and you shift the line that way, you've got a better chance of picking up the blitz.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I used it in NCAA 10 for passing and running. I don't really like how it works this year for running but I'll spread the O-Line in 3rd and long passing situations.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I use these a little differently. I use these to key my blockers on an alignment. For example, I look at where the designed hole will be and look at defenders around that hole. What gaps are they in, what alignment, any blitzers?, ect. I then use the line shift to tell my blockers where to attack. Seems to work great for me as I would like to think I am good at running the ball and reading blockers/pressure

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

It is good for tosses and stretch plays in the running game if you are trying to get outside. Also, in shotgun formations, if you are keeping your running back in to help pass protect you can shift your line opposite the side that the running back is on to block corners and slot-corners that might be blitzing. As someone else said, it is crucial in picking up zone blitzes and overload blitzes.

8. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I adjust my line almost every play, It helps by picking up the blitz on pass plays and tell the linemen where to double team or push the blitz on run plays.

^^^This is a nice way to explain. Basically you slant in the direction that best suits the play: If I am going Ace, Slot L, Strong R and running a stretch toward the strong side and I see that the DE is aligned on the inside of the right tackle and they have their outside back on his inside hip, instead of slanting towards the play, I slant away, forcing that stacked defense away from the running back.

I slant for inside runs too, it tells the guard where to double team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I never even knew about the up and down. I very rarely align left and right, usually on pitches. I may start pinching on draws. Learn something new every day.