Official 2010 Spring Training

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Official 2010 Spring Training

2010 SPRING TRAINING

[​IMG]

Spring Training is finally here! This thread will house records, stats, settings, opponents, and whatever else you deem necessary about all games played online. This thread will aim to find a trends or tweaking necessary for gameplay, roster, sliders, and settings.

After you play a game vs a CPU or another USER, feel free to post the box score and information about your game. As we get a feel for the game here in the next couple weeks, we hope to iron out any concerns you may have.

Good Luck and Playball!

2. Emmdotfrisk

HOMERUNS POWER CUBS PAST DODGERS 2-0

HOMERUNS POWER CUBS PAST DODGERS 2-0

[​IMG]
    Cubs Third Baseman Aramis Ramirez Homers in the 9th to put the Cubs in the driver seat.

TEAM R H E
    Chicago (Zambrano W1) 2 8 0
    Los Angeles (Billingsley L1) 0 5 0

It was good to get the feel for this years release. The pitching meter is different and timing is different as well. I didn't experience any lag at all. Saw some great animations that did not happen in the 2009 release. Also we were able to check swing and hit and run so that was a plus. ND had two big hits that put him on top but don't get me wrong I couldn't do shit against Big Z. Every ball I hit was right at a guy. Big Z really shut down my guys Furcal 0-4, Kemp 1-4, Ethier 1-4, Manny 1-4, Loney 0-3.

Billingsley did well for me throwing 8 innings with 7 hits and 1 ER. My offens needed to pick it up but couldnt crack big Z.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

SP Carlos Zambrano
    CG, 9 IP, 5 hits, 0 ER, 7 K

3B Aramis Ramirez 2-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 HR

GG ND, I've got some work to do.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yes it was a good game. i have won many cy youngs in 09 with Zambrano. Marlon Byrds homerun was a shocker to me as i didnt use power swing. I did However on Ramirez's Homerun. When u got down 2-0 on him i had a feeling u were going to throw a strike so i went power all the way and timed it perfectly. At first i was like holy cow Big z started the game off with 6 guys faced and 6 ks. It was a very well pitched game. I tried hit and run and it worked sadly my guy didnt get passed second. Tried to manufacture a run by bunting over to second and that failed as well. All in all i was very impressed with this years model of the show as the lag was definately not there at all. Hopefully when this kicks off my cubbies can continue to pitch well and have a couple key hits.

You had me scared when u got that double. The problem i saw on both sides was put 2 or 3 hits together. The pitching meter is difficult at first to you figure it out. Before we played i was playing the computer had walked 2 guys and was down 3-0 with noone out in the first and hadn't batted yet. Had some small issues with the guy the cpu selected to field a couple hits. More in the cpu game. Ours only had one when they gave me the 3rd basemen on a hit up the middle. Probably wouldnt of gotten to it anyways. I do have to say the worries i came in with are gone after the game was played. For the most part the game is smartly setup with some added animations. if a group of dedicated guys get in this and stay with it it will be a great start to this franchise on tradition.

Yeah i still have a few things to iron out myself. Only thing i know of is Zambrano is not for sale like he is in real life lol.. Soriano still is though and thanks for plunking him with his first pitch faced i enjoyed that lol

4. NDCOLTS1979

I also forgot the way the setup to the game was i think is perfect. not to difficult and not to easy. Not sure what the whole setup was but u may want to post it and have everyone try them out.

5. Emmdotfrisk

This is the setup we used ND.

Difficulty: HoF
    Pitching: Meter
    Guess Pitch: Off
    Strike Zone: Off
    Ball Indicator: Fade
    Hot Zones: Off
    Presentation: Broadcast
    Baserunning: Classic (Maybe "new" would work better)
    Vibration: Off

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Keep it coming. I should get my copy either today or Friday, well that's what the guy told me today at the Army's version of Best Buy. Can one of you play with the Halos and tell me how they look?

7. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i will do that for u in about an hour

8. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Sounds like you guys had a great game. Just want to put in my two cents: I prefer pitcher ball marker off and the new baserunning. Other than that I like the settings you used.

9. Emmdotfrisk

You cant turn the ball marker off in Online play.....which sucks. I like the new baserunning too but I wanted to try classic out haha

10. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

NO!!!!!!! That sucks. At least the rest can be turned off. This should make for some low scoring games.

11. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Wow that is horrible. I love the check swing available for online play.

Anybody want to get a game in get at me.

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

what up im ready to get a game in today at 515pm. whoever wants some of Tim Lincecum reply here and ill be there. im on pacific time!

13. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

Right here buddy
    [​IMG]

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

you son of a bitch! ur my enemy!!! my game is 63% installed and we will go to war!!!

jk about the enemy part sorta. u know our rivalry is one of the best!

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

What's the new baserunning?

16. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

blocker im online. where are u?

17. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

My college quarter is coming to a close and I have numerous papers to write as well as finals to study for. Let not sugar coat it brev, there is nothing I enjoy more than seeing the Giants lose and I know you feel the same about my beloved Doyers. When we play you better bring it because I am treating each game like game 7 of the world series. With respect for the organization and you seemingly being a cool dude and legit baseball baseball fan, I literally wish you the worst of luck in your season and each tally in your loss column will will bring a smile to my face and a boner in my pants. You better bring it "hella" hard when we run it. BLEED BLUE!

18. Emmdotfrisk

HA, this post alone makes me feel like I should turn over the dodgers to you!

19. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

So hows the game so far? My PS3 will be here next Tuesday and I bought it for this game and this game only. Did I make the right choice?

20. NDCOLTS1979

Yes u did i think this is the best baseball game every produced so far. It beat everything i thought it would

21. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

I did the same thing three years ago, leaving a tight-knit 360 community that I loved. Being a huge baseball fan, I have no regrets in the least bit. It is the only game I don't get tired of.

22. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Twins Spank the Rays At Target Field​

Rays(ryty32) 1 @ Twins(controllerabuser) 9

[​IMG]

The Minnesota Twins take it to the Rays in a ol' fashioned ass whoopin'. The Twins showed that they're ready to play. Scott Baker cooked the Rays on the mound with 11 strike outs in 6 innings of work. Only allowing 1 run gave the Twins the momentum to swing the bats. Joe Mauer had a hell of a day going 3-4. He added a long ball with 2 RBI's and scored 3 times.

I believe we played on Hall of fame. Guess Pitch, Strike Zone, & Hot Zone off.

Let me know what you guys think but I think these are the preferred settings of most.

Sorry Ryty but somebody has to beat you in something once in a while.

23. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Even though I got "spanked" 9 - 1, it was still fun. Can't wait to start the season....

Oh...and that Twins team is loaded. They are going to be a force in the AL.

24. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Typical dodger fan to come online and throw down the challenge to their idol Giants only to pull a no show/ excuse. If you somehow do get the dodgers in this league it would be a pleasure to ruin your ps3 life. until we meet again i can still hear AT&T park chanting "BEAT L.A., BEAT L.A.!!!"

25. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

Your "Beat LA" is a chant of desire while our "Giants Suck!" is a factual statement. When this event does occur there shall be no excuses and everything should be left on the field. Don't worry about what I be doin just get to practicing brev.