Official Bye Week Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Subkontraktor, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Official Bye Week Thread

My Chiefs have a bye week 4.

Now I'm bored.

So I guess here is an off-topic thread for anyone else on bye week since they are starting.

Anyone play Halo 3? Are you getting Halo Reach? I can't afford it at the moment, but I've had 2 good friends recently buy 360s and now have 4 friends to play Halo 3 with.

It's actually the only game besides Madden that I play. My girl helped me get a 360 for Christmas and I got Halo and NBA Live 10. I didn't play much Live and ended up trading it in when Madden came out.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sub, sorry to hear about your bye, lol. I know those are "long" advances since theres not much to do. Maybe do some recruiting for the SMFL somewhere, haha.

I play Halo, not as much as I used to but I still consider myself a pretty big Halo guy. I will definitely be getting Reach when it drops as I played the beta and loved it. Its totally different and its going to be tough balancing it in with the rest of my games. We'll have to hook up on there when it drops and do some damage out there. I've always considered myself an above average Halo player IF I actually take the time to play the game. A lot of times I quit playing for awhile and its hard to get back into it. You really have to keep playing the game to stay sharp.

Anyway, what about COD or the new MoH that are dropping. Both should be pretty good though admittedly I don't know how I will balance playing ALL of those games. Maybe its time to get gamefly? Anyone else have that?

3. Bomber High

Bomber High Walk On

I have gamefly and have had Allan Wake sitting in my basement for almost 2 months now and dont touch it. I use netflix constantly but haven't found myself using the gamefly sub. I am probably just going to cancel given we are in the middle of football season and I have Madden, NCAA, Backbreaker, NHL, FIFA and Tiger Woods that take up all my gaming time.

Not to mention real life football season starting and I have Bengals season tickets so I am fairly certain gamefly will be cancelled soon.

4. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Keller - I've gained some skills with putting in the time you speak of. I got hooked playing at a friends once in a while before I had a 360. I truley only bought the 360 for Halo, but I have found a big liking to Madden.

Don't get me wrong, Madden has been #1 in my heart forever, but not having a 360, I kind of hung up the sticks for a couple years. I was pretty darn good on PS2, but still in learning process on 360.

Bomber... we have Netflix, but we've had my gf's Twilight dumbass movie for like 2 months. We use it online though, just have been lazy with returning the disc.

Bengals tickets - I'm jealous. Bengals look like they're in for a fun year this year. I'd love to have season tickets to my Chiefs, but I'll still be happily sitting here every Sunday trying to get as many games as I can going through the TV and internet.

It's 2 after midnight! That means it is Football Season! Sweet.... It's like a holiday to me even though the game tonight is just a tease before the real fun starts Sunday.

5. Keller

Well hey Bomber if you want to sell your Buffalo tickets let me know! I'm from Cincy and would basically kill someone to go to that game.

6. Bomber High

Bomber High Walk On

That is just about the last thing I would expect to happen. That is the only game that people have asked me for my tickets to. I work with two guys that are Bills fans and they both want the Bills game tickets. Unfortuantly they asked first so if I decide not to go then they have first dibs, but if they arent interested then you got em if my wife and I arent going.

7. Keller

The Bills are legit, what can I say? lol

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Lol Bye week has helped me at least with giving me the chance to watch football today.