Official Cathedral '13 Playbook Declaration

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 12, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Before we advance to Week 1 (haven't invited yet, don't worry!), everyone must declare and give brief explanation of their playbook and play style intent. We do not use custom def play books. If you use default playbook, just list it but still explain your intended style. If you create custom, please list your formations and sets and then explain intended style.

Remember... we do not change whole play books mid-season for any reason. If you change jobs, you take your play books with you.

Exceptions:
    -we do not mind if you change a few plays or throw a set in or out (not whole new formation) during season but you must write a small write-up (make it fun) of why and what
    -you are allowed to petition wholesale playbook change in off-season or when changing school but must give reason and provide fun story/write-up to go with the reason for change

Summary rule: once declared, ANY change to your playbook should be posted and explained. Wholesale changes must be requested and then upon approval... posted and explained.

Template for declaration (example, not my real one):

Offense: Va Tech (Multiple)
    -added Pistol formation
    -deleted I-Form Twins formation

Defense: 4-3

Playstyle: I like to run....

2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

UMass has disregarded the Spread Offense and has used UAB's offense as a base.

Taken out Pistol
    Added Empty set

4-3 defense

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

We'll definitely run with Akron's regular book. I might add a pistol set. Someday when I get the right QB, I'll be using a spread look.

4-3 D.

4. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Going from Air raid offense to Oregon spread, take awhile to run the offense right with out an athletic qb but should be fine running it

taken out: Wildcat and Quads trio
    added: Ace Big and pistol-full house

With much anticipation of the coaching debut into the world of college football. I have decided that I want to run a balanced spread offense with the strong arm qb I have, but want to use him in some read option to keep him and my running back involved in the running game. however the offense will be more focused on the passing game until I can get a more athletic QB

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pro

Pro Walk On

After going through spring practice and seeing what backup QB David Fisher brings to the table, Flashes head coach Andrew Profio went into the summer with one goal in mind. "I want Fisher to showcase what he can do on the field during the season. Spencer Keith will still be our starting QB, but we want to throw different packages with Fisher at the helm of the offense at our opponents." Profio said.

That's why he and Offensive Coordinator Brian Rock have taken the standard Kent State playbook and added a couple of formations to it. "We are going to run the One Back set primarily to take advantage of our great running Trayion Durham, but we added the Wingbone and and the Wishbone formations to our playbook. This was done to get Fisher in and utilize his mobility to run some option plays." Profio said.

Defensively, Profio and Defensive Coordinator Jon Heacock have decided to keep their Multiple D look. "We will play primarily out of the 3-4, but we will also lineup in the 5-2 and 46 to go along with out Nickel and Dime packages." Profio said.

"I think it goes without saying that we are excited to start the season. The team had a really good spring, and will be ready to compete from Week 1. Can't wait to play Akron also." Profio said.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

123 other teams would say the exact same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vatechhokie01

The Wingbone and the Wishbone? Oh geez. Here comes the lameness, lol ;)

8. vatechhokie01

I will be using UTSA playbook with 4-3 defense. To the UTSA playbook I have added one pistol formation and changed up some of the Shotgun formations to simple other shotgun formations. Nothing to elaborate to be sure.

I plan on throwing it much more than usual. I unashamedly will use a lot of shotgun and run with my QB quite a bit. My starting RB is absolutely horrid (ovr 63 and slow as molasses) and I have to keep the ball in my only real player's hands. This will result in some read options, quick hitters (bubbles, etc) and aggressive risk taking QBing but focused around the pass I hope. Interested to see how this goes as I'm historically (as you all know) quite the run-game enthusiast.

On defense, I'm all about stopping the run first. I overuse the 4-3 and accept the risk involved. Rarely do I go Dime and trust my LBs to cover slots quite a bit.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I dont have the personal to run a spread....or a pro style, can't run an option style....I am going to go with Bama's playbook. Lots of pistol.

Defense 4-3

• Like Like x 1
  10. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I will have Oklahoma's Multiple playbook which is a good mix of the pistol and spread for me.

And the good ole' 4-3 defense for me!

• Like Like x 1
  11. vatechhokie01

great explanations of play style you idiots. geez. you guys are like window licking retards with water on the brain. i swear.

• Like Like x 1
  12. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Offense: Bowling Green (Multiple)
    -added NOTHING
    -deleted NOTHING

Playstyle: I'M PLANNING TO RUN A DUAL QB SYSTEM 1 SCRAMBLER 1 POCKET PASSER. THIS MAY BE THE MOST RANDOM OFFENSE I'VE SEEN AND I JUST WANT TO TRY IT

13. vatechhokie01

oh geez, lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

;)

15. Luke

Luke Walk On

When coach Luke was hired to be the new coach of the Buffalo Bulls questions arouse as to what systems the team would run. The answers came at a press conference today where he announced his coaches would be installing a new pro system this spring. He says it had no lean towards the run or pass more and it was going to be as balanced as possible. Alot of I and Ace sets with some shotguns mixed in. He said you could excpect a pistol look from time to time as well.

As for the defensive side of the ball, the team will be switching from a 3-4 back to a 4-3 base defense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Hey guys new guy question? How come we don't use the actual name rosters?

17. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

mtemple93 has a free one if you want it for your personal dynasties

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

We will be.

19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Texas St. will run their base playbook offense which is a spread with some interesting power running formations. This should work well because I have a good RB and QB. My WR's leave a bit to be desired.

I am a 4-3 guy too.

20. vatechhokie01

yea we are. all names are in, including coaches.

21. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I was sleepy last night I may to rethink this... I want to check Clemson or Miss St but if you start before I check you you I can make Bowling Green work...

22. vatechhokie01

you are free to change. but not after Week 1 game is played. Just let us know.

23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Guys look at the your thoughts from 2 weeks ago, what worked and what would you change? I realized my pocket passer wasn't really a pocket passer lol

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

Coach Edwards has brought with him to Florida his Akron playbook with a few additions and subtractions.

ADDED

Slot F Wing
    Wing Offset

Deleted

Split Offset
    Spread Flex Wk

25. vatechhokie01

remaining with 4-3 defense. will be removing a 3 ace formations in favor of 2 pistols and 1 more shotgun. really trying to get more and more spread oriented. almost ran exclusively shotgun at end of last year.