Official Cathedral Start Date/Time Information - IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 13, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Named rosters, both players and coaches, are done for The Cathedral. (Again, we will be waiting on perfected rosters to begin play in The Abbey but these are plenty sufficient for our terrible teams.)

This said, I will be deleting The Wedding Chapel in its entirety. In addition, I will be creating The Cathedral today or this evening. A couple things that are required to receive an invite:

1) You must submit an official post in the Playbook thread. This needs to either be
    a) a simple announcement of what default playbook (offense and defense) you will be using or
    b) a detailed posting of your custom playbook with the total number and names of sets (shotgun, I-Form, etc), the total number and names of forms (I-Form Trips, I-Form Normal, etc), names of all sets and names of and a written description/article of why you are creating this playbook and what you are looking to do.
    Note: You MUST read the entire playbook rules and follow in the thread. Abuse of the playbooks is seriously not going to be tolerated. That would be maybe the lamest thing you could do.
    2) You either need to post your substantial Special Content template or "editable" post in the proper forum or at least create a somewhat pretty "To Be Coming Soon" post in its place
    3) Complete your Recruiting Table (mormon and TBone)

Once these 3 things are done, you get an invite to The Cathedral and can begin your pre-season.

The somewhat-firm (mysterious huh?) advance to Week 1 date/time is Thursday, July 13th, 10pm Hawaii-Time (4am EST).

Let's do this! And take your time. Obviously this first preseason, playbook choice, coach creation, redshirting, and depth charts should be both important and fun.

Peace
    Heath

Other Notes:
    -I will be keeping all Div-II (still refuse to call it its proper name) opponents. We will need a bad opponent.
    -If you would like, download the rosters (psn: gamingtailgate) and offer suggestions on changes in rosters. I will not be touching ratings or trying to fix ANYTHING besides huge and obvious mistakes (Terrelle Pryor, suspended big names, Russel Wilson, big transfers, etc.). If someone wants to offer some suggestions, start a new thread for it please.

2. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Awesome! Tonight's the big night. Can't wait!

3. vatechhokie01

you guys are on a roll. keep it up. couple templates for playbooks (good job sceptic) are up. make sure to declare your Defense as well.

4. TJM

TJM Walk On

Division II is still correct, I think you mean Division 1-AA and FCS - Football Championship Series.

I need need to find a playbook quickly!

5. vatechhokie01

no custom defenses. use standard defenses only.

6. vatechhokie01

well again, invites go out asap when you fulfilled the requirements. but you have through tomorrow night late to do everything. that should be plenty of time. if not, we might add (gotta make sure gramps gets the game and has a few to setup, etc). but it shouldnt take long.

7. vatechhokie01

as a note, when you join the league it makes you pick a playbook but when you enter the league if you go to playbook your custom edited one should be default loaded for you.

8. vatechhokie01

will be back at 7pmEST to send out invites to those ready. (contrary to popular belief, i work)

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

T-Bone will start on my template tonight. I thought or should i say ASS-U-ME-d that I didn't need to start that until we got a week or two into the season since I am doing recruiting wars. I'm officially getting pumped up now and can't wait to get this going!

10. vatechhokie01

well you just need a template. obviously we don't have much information yet.

11. vatechhokie01

to confirm: once in the league, go to the Coach Philosophy tab and under Playbook you can scroll over to your custom playbook.

this is also where you turn off all the recruiting assistances.

12. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

You can choose the playbook when you create your coach.

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

vatechhokie01 the league only lets you choose from 1 and 2 star teams.

I thought we were waiting for the better rosters for the main league?

14. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Goose, that's what all of our team prestige ratings are anyway. And for the Cathedral we're just using the basic named rosters and waiting for the best rosters for the Abbey.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I thought we were just going with the named rosters for the Abbey since it's the backup.

16. vatechhokie01

@ goose: what? lol

We are waiting for better rosters for the Abbey in which we all will want more perfected rosters for our teams that we all know, love, and follow. But in the Cathedral, we are all playing with a bunch of small teams that I assume none of us are nit-picky about perfect rosters (don't even know em!) and it doesn't matter as long as we have a named set that is close to right. Agree?

The rosters aren't bad. All the coaches are named and all of the rosters are decent so that the Heisman, All-Americans, awards will be legitimately reflected. I deleted Pryor, Russel Wilson, and Janoris Jenkins. I didn't replace Russel Wilson to Wisconsin cuz who cares and that would have taken forever. Cool?

Let's do this!... unless you were hoping for a perfect set of Akron Zip rosters :(

P.S. We will probably be starting Abbey in a week or 2... waiting for the community rosters.

17. vatechhokie01

you have it backwards.

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

I wanted perfection. ;) my bad. Sounds good. I know block O and gatorbait at OS were hoping to have their's finished for the 15th.

19. vatechhokie01

wait. are you seriously arguing for perfected rosters for our 1 and 2 star teams? this is a legitimate question. maybe i assumed everyone would feel the same way I did. We will definitely be waiting for perfect rosters for The Abbey and our beloved teams.

20. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

I know I definitely want to get the league started! But at this pace, block o's rosters might come out before everyone's finished. :( I know when I joined the league on NCAA, it was only Hokie. Hopefully there are more people by now especially if we want to start soon (like tomorrow). Only a couple of us have done the necessities for the invite so far, which sucks. But anyway, hopefully we get started here soon.

21. vatechhokie01

patience young grasshopper... this got "sprung" on us somewhat unexpectedly. the guys will come through. technically, if i sent out invited tonight, 48hrs would be a reasonable advance time. lets hope guys move faster :)

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm cool with the rosters as they are.