Official Dynasty Slider Set For Year 2 **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Official Dynasty Slider Set For Year 2 **UPDATE**

**********UPDATED 8-14-2010 @ 9:24 PM CST************

Here is the slider set we will be going to starting at Year 2. This is the post patch version of choice 4. Thanks goes to SilentNature at OS for creating these. Thanks to all of you guys that have commented and joined in on the slider discussion. I appreciate your participation.

If you guys see anything that could be tweaked for better gameplay post and give a explanation. Without further waiting here is the set.

UPDATE - Version 5.0: Post-Patch #2 Slider Update.

There are NO HOUSE RULES for this slider set. You are free to play at your own discretion. Remember, it is a video game after all and it is all about having some fun. Sure, I'd love to have the stats to be perfect, but there will be some anomalies. Everyone has their own playing style so the sliders can be adjusted to their own liking.

IN-GAME TIPS

- Use your skills to your advantage. "User Catch" significantly increases your chances of catching the ball. If you're covered, you can be prone to dropping so be aware of that.

- Rely on gang tackling. It is your best friend.

- Be patient with the running game. Fighting for just 2-3 yards is a norm, especially if you're a weak team

- Pressing Up on RS while being engaged in a tackle causes higher risk of fumbling so avoid that!

- Passing in a tight man to man coverage will put you at risk for an easy INT. Double coverage = Good job, Mr. QB!

- Set your feet if you want to pass at a higher percentage, simple as that. If you are being pressured, your QB accuracy will drop.

- Pump fake the ball while scanning the field! It actually helps with creating some coverage breakdowns. If you have the time to pump fake, then try it. It can be done by moving RS in any direction that you want to aim at.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SN's All American Sliders (version 5.0) - USING SPEED THRESHOLD AT 25
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now considered as a tough base slider set, which basically means that it is fine for permanent use, but still open to possible tweaks to make it easier, if needed to meet your skill level. We have to consider that EA Sports may adjust the Tuner Sets, which could cause changes with this slider set.

Personal Preferences
    Auto Sprint: Off
    Auto Strafe: Off

Gameplay Options
    Skill.........................All American
    Injuries.....................On
    Fatigue.....................On
    Quarter Length...........7 minutes
    Play Clock..................On
    Game Speed...............Normal
    Speed Threshold..........25
    HFA Effect..................On
    Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
    Offsides........................95 - (Not much offsides, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    False Start....................95 - (Not much false starts, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Holding.........................50 - (Not much holding, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Facemask......................50 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive will get more for trying to strip the ball.)
    O Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    D Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    KR/PR Interference..........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Clipping.........................55 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive Blocking will get more clipping.)
    Intentional Grounding.......100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Passer.........100 - (Possible to get away with it, but can be easily called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Kicker.........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................5-10
    Pass Blocking..................50-60
    WR Catching...................50-50
    RB Ability.......................50-50
    Run Blocking...................25-90
    Pass Coverage................45-100
    Pass Rush......................45-50
    Interceptions..................15-30
    Rush Defense..................30-100
    Tackling.........................40-40
    FG Power........................10-25
    FG Accuracy...................10-65
    Punt Power......................10-50
    Punt Accuracy.................10-65
    KO Power........................35-55

I want to mention to everyone that this All American set is actually TOUGH. Due to my skill level, I made it harder since I believe most of my fans are pretty skilled by now with NCAA Football 11.

This is considered the toughest version. Expect to have some tough games against B-/C+ teams, even as all A team so don't take those teams for granted, but it should be easy against C- or worse.

Personally, I feel that it is good enough for me for All American level. Hope you guys will enjoy it and be able to tweak it to your own skill level.

-----

Easy Tweaks to your Skill Level

Passing the ball is too hard?
    Lowers the CPU's Pass Coverage

Rushing with the ball is too hard?
    Lowers the CPU's Run Defense

Run Defense too hard for you?
    Lowers the CPU's Run Blocking

Passing Defense too hard for you?
    Raises the HUM's Pass Coverage

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

I like set 4 without having the "special seasons" part. Most NCAA kickers don't make many 45+ yard FGs.

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Ive been using set 4 in my offline dynasty. Been the best I've found yet. The only thing I would change as of right now is the 7min quarters to 8 min. This years game runs off some clock as it is so 7 seems quick if your a run first team. And with defense bumped up a little on these sliders an extra min doesnt really mean a ton more points.

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im going to sticky this thread later tonight. I hope all members particpates in the testing cause this will have a big impact on the dynasty.

5. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I haven't been able to test yet... work has really kicked up for me this week.

Set 4 looks good though I don't know how much I like the pass blocking boost for the CPU.. I don't get many sacks as it is since I tend to play the Safety position and let the CPU control my D-line and linebackers.. I guess thats why some users have so many sacks?

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We have plenty of time to do testing. I want everyone to put some time into this and make a good decision. As for right now this thread is for discussing the sliders etc. I will add a poll to this thread when its time to vote.

Oh and i use my d-line but sacks are still tougher to get this year.

7. ChaoticUT

Versuz2 Sliders

difficulty: heisman
    speed: normal
    threshold: 0

QB Accuracy...................100-75
    Pass Blocking..................100-30
    WR Catching...................100-75
    RB Ability.......................30-40
    Run Blocking...................100-75
    Pass Coverage................35-30
    Pass Rush......................100-75
    Interceptions..................100-75
    Rush Defense..................50-40
    Tackling.........................100-75
    FG Power........................65-50
    FG Accuracy...................50-45
    Punt Power......................65-65
    Punt Accuracy.................50-50
    KO Power........................65-75

Matt10's rules (borrowed from his slider set)
    Rules: All 100 except False Start (65), Holding 50, Facemask 50, Clipping 50

Use these in another dynasty and they seem to play real well. Were all powerhouse schools (Bama, Mich., Notre Dame, Florida, and I'm Oregon) but I was looking at my top 3 greatest games and they were all on these sliders. Thought I would throw them out there

8. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

i like set 4 but i think we should adjust it a bit and try it out. there are way too many clipping calls and i agree that the CPU shouldnt get the pass block boost

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

If u guys wanna make slight modifications do so and post what u changed and some stats

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

SilentNature who made up slider set 4 is going to make some changes tonight after the new tuning set came out. I will wait to test that until tomorrow

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Here is the slider set we will be going to starting at Year 2. This is the post patch version of choice 4. Thanks goes to SilentNature at OS for creating these. Thanks to all of you guys that have commented and joined in on the slider discussion. I appreciate your participation.

If you guys see anything that could be tweaked for better gameplay post and give a explanation. Without further waiting here is the set.

UPDATE - Version 5.0: Post-Patch #2 Slider Update.

There are NO HOUSE RULES for this slider set. You are free to play at your own discretion. Remember, it is a video game after all and it is all about having some fun. Sure, I'd love to have the stats to be perfect, but there will be some anomalies. Everyone has their own playing style so the sliders can be adjusted to their own liking.

IN-GAME TIPS

- Use your skills to your advantage. "User Catch" significantly increases your chances of catching the ball. If you're covered, you can be prone to dropping so be aware of that.

- Rely on gang tackling. It is your best friend.

- Be patient with the running game. Fighting for just 2-3 yards is a norm, especially if you're a weak team

- Pressing Up on RS while being engaged in a tackle causes higher risk of fumbling so avoid that!

- Passing in a tight man to man coverage will put you at risk for an easy INT. Double coverage = Good job, Mr. QB!

- Set your feet if you want to pass at a higher percentage, simple as that. If you are being pressured, your QB accuracy will drop.

- Pump fake the ball while scanning the field! It actually helps with creating some coverage breakdowns. If you have the time to pump fake, then try it. It can be done by moving RS in any direction that you want to aim at.

SN's All American Sliders (version 5.0) - USING SPEED THRESHOLD AT 25

This is now considered as a tough base slider set, which basically means that it is fine for permanent use, but still open to possible tweaks to make it easier, if needed to meet your skill level. We have to consider that EA Sports may adjust the Tuner Sets, which could cause changes with this slider set.

Personal Preferences
    Auto Sprint: Off
    Auto Strafe: Off

Gameplay Options
    Skill.........................All American
    Injuries.....................On
    Fatigue.....................On
    Quarter Length...........7 minutes
    Play Clock..................On
    Game Speed...............Normal
    Speed Threshold..........25
    HFA Effect..................On
    Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
    Offsides........................95 - (Not much offsides, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    False Start....................95 - (Not much false starts, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Holding.........................50 - (Not much holding, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Facemask......................50 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive will get more for trying to strip the ball.)
    O Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    D Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    KR/PR Interference..........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Clipping.........................55 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive Blocking will get more clipping.)
    Intentional Grounding.......100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Passer.........100 - (Possible to get away with it, but can be easily called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Kicker.........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................5-10
    Pass Blocking..................50-60
    WR Catching...................50-50
    Run Blocking...................25-90
    Pass Coverage................45-100
    Pass Rush......................45-50
    Interceptions..................15-30
    Rush Defense..................30-100
    Tackling.........................40-40
    FG Power........................10-25
    FG Accuracy...................10-65
    Punt Power......................10-50
    Punt Accuracy.................10-65
    KO Power........................35-55

I want to mention to everyone that this All American set is actually TOUGH. Due to my skill level, I made it harder since I believe most of my fans are pretty skilled by now with NCAA Football 11.

This is considered the toughest version. Expect to have some tough games against B-/C+ teams, even as all A team so don't take those teams for granted, but it should be easy against C- or worse.

Personally, I feel that it is good enough for me for All American level. Hope you guys will enjoy it and be able to tweak it to your own skill level.

-----

Easy Tweaks to your Skill Level

Passing the ball is too hard?
    Lowers the CPU's Pass Coverage

Rushing with the ball is too hard?
    Lowers the CPU's Run Defense

Run Defense too hard for you?
    Lowers the CPU's Run Blocking

Passing Defense too hard for you?
    Raises the HUM's Pass Coverage

12. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Brutal... boost to CPU pass blocking? Eek. And 100 in pass coverage? I'll play a game with these and see what it's like.. I threw 24 picks already this season and I think I threw the ball more than anyone. Next year I'll go for the single season record :D

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We can tweak this set to our liking with some small changes. Looks like this set will provide some great realistic games and tougher cpu compettition.

14. iluvfitness

iluvfitness Walk On

I used the pre patch slider set by SN in my offline dynasty and found some of the most realistic football I have ever played. I agree that we really wont do ourselves any favors for giving the cpu a boost in the areas being talked about

15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Everything is debateable
    If there are modification suggestions to these please post them so we can test. Season 2 isn't far away.

16. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I think we need to up QB Accuracy. I am getting the best results when upping it to 15. Even with guys like Keenum i couldn't complete easy 6-7 yard passes as they were overthrown or about 10 yards wide of the receiever. Also, I am seeing alot of the CPU mirroring User routes with Pass Coverage set at 100, I suggest lowering it to 45-50, which seemed to work well for me. If someone else wants to try this out and let me know that'd be great.

17. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Care to implement those changes and post some stats?

18. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

will do

19. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Agree... I'm completing less than 60% of my passes as is. I really want to do some slider testing but this week has been insane for me as far as work..

20. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We got until offseason/preseason to do testing so there is still time.

21. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I think the best way to take down big passing plays, while not killing user completion percentage would be to give the CPU a great pass rush...

Some times I have *all day* to sit back and throw... makes it easy to wait for someone to get open. With a good rush going, I could throw semi-accurate, my guys wouldn't drop it too much, but I wouldn't be able to let them get down or across the field so easily.

Like, right now sometimes I'm averaging something crazy like 30+ yards per completion.. It's not because I throw accurately, it's because when I do finally get a completion, my guys are wide open because I have so long to sit and wait in the pocket.

22. ChaoticUT

Played a game with these sliders last night Tennessee (me) vs Florida (cpu) and a couple things jumped out...

1. The CPU rush defense was godly. At one point in the 3rd quarter I checked the stats on my starting RB and I was at something like 18 att for 2 yards.
    -I know UT's O-line is gonna be bad this year but thats just crazy
    -There was 2-3 D-line in the back field on every play
    -On sweeps I could get outside of D-linemen but then be SWARMED by DBs and LBs

2. Human QB accuracy is absolutely horrible. I understand this year its all about staying in the pocket and setting your feet but even doing that balls were every where
    -Specifically... corner routes and outs being thrown like 5-10 yards wide at times.

These were the main things i remember being just horrible. I actually just quit out of the game because it was just not fun. There were a couple game play and animation parts of the game that i liked but all in all i didnt think it played well.

My suggestions for sliders would be keeping them as close to the base level as possible. I think out of the box the game played pretty darn good and with EA doing tuning we really shouldnt have to rely on sliders that much. My suggestion for sliders would be something more like these....

Gameplay Options
    Skill (Heisman)
    Injuries-On
    Fatigue-On
    Quarter Length-9 minutes
    Play Clock-On
    Game Speed-Normal
    Speed Threshold-0

Human/CPU
    QB Accuracy...................50-30
    Pass Blocking..................60-35
    WR Catching...................40-35
    Run Blocking...................60-40
    Pass Coverage................50-50
    Pass Rush......................55-40
    Interceptions..................10-10
    Rush Defense..................55-35
    Tackling.........................50-50
    FG Power........................35-40
    FG Accuracy....................45-45
    Punt Power......................35-40
    Punt Accuracy.................35-40
    KO Power........................35-40

I really think Heisman improves the AI play calling and "smarts" really. Playing with these the QB actually goes over the top with long balls, drops the ball off to crossing routes and check downs over the middle (but in a timely matter... the QB doesn't sit in the pocket for 10 mins then throw to a covered receiver at the sidelines) and even throws the ball out of bounce at times.

23. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We will be using the aa sliders posted with the same time settings. We can modify the sliders from the aa set to best suit our needs. Please feel free to test the slider set i've listed a if there are changes that should be made let's discuss them and post our stats so everyone can see the results of the test.

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Hey guys, I was playing in a dynasty before this that had some really nice, realistic sliders. The games were competitive, and we lost to the cpu at times. I don't want to step on any toes, but I thought I would post them for your pleasure.

Sliders & Settings
    Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty: Varsity
    Quarters: 8 mins
    Threshold: 25 (-5)

Sliders
    Offense HUM CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 10 (+5) 50 (-5)
    Pass Block 55 50 (-5)
    WR Catching 40 (+5) 45
    RB Ability 45 50 (+5)
    Run Blocking 30 (-15) 60 (+15)