OFFICIAL FIFA 10 Thread

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by RynoAid, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

OFFICIAL FIFA 10 Thread

Muttcope is going to be heading up an organized FIFA League here at Tradition Futbol.

Im just getting this thread going, post info on the game here and if you have interest in getting involved in the league. I'm sure MuttCope will stop by and start laying out some info.

2. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I know we have a few good FIFA players, looks at Blaza, Kid Robotz, in here to at least get a small league going if you guys are interested. I know I am excited about the release this year haven't downloaded the demo yet, but i will be this weekend.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Ooooooh yeah! Now we are talking my speed. I may get trashed in NCAA at times, but I'll be having none of that in FIFA 10! I downloaded the demo last night and have probably played it for 3 hours already. Game is sick.

I know of a few oldschool MM guys like CalgaryBaller and Heelswxman that I will probably try to get over as well. Mutt, if you need any help with organization or anything, you know I'll be there, just give me a holler.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

WTF is Fifa?

5. Blaza

The best game in EA's franchise. Lock it up Cole!

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

are there any actual online manager mode type features this year? or would it be just exhibitions and keeping track of the table outside of the game?

aside from a league i think we need to get one of those 10v10 clubs going as well.

7. Muttcope

Getting a club together would be fine with me. I love playing Clubs online, that could be one of the most fun additions EA has ever put in a game.

Most likely it will keeping track of tables outside of the dynasty.

8. Muttcope

This man speaks the truth.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Futbol???

I think NHL 09 won all the awards last year....

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If I wasnt in the TMFL I ditch Madden in a heartbeat and get NHL 10. As it is right now I dont need to spend more time playing games.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I hear you I am fully booked.......next game will be Forza....gamefly might send me some shit to try out but thats about it.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't know about being in a league, but I would like to get a team together.

Same thing for NHL 10.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well well well....I knew it wouldnt take long after the demo came out. Ive stayed on the demo since it came out. Already love FIFA 10. Ill have my eyes open for th regulars. Blaza, Muttcope and others. Cant wait ladies!!!

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    How do leagues work in FIFA?

15. Muttcope

I have a couple of thoughts on how we could do a league here.

First i think we should keep it has casual as possible. I was thinking we run leagues without 5 star teams. That way Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc.. are out, and it makes everybody play instead of just on the talent in the game. I was thinking 4.5 and 4 star teams, depending upon how many there are.

We would have a random draft for teams, and each player would play a home and home against each other within a set amount of time (3 weeks). No set schedules just get your games in during the time frame and i would update a table here on the site. I would expect a summary of POG, goal scorers, nothing big just the basics so i could keep track of top goal scorers.

Just food for thought to start disscussion on it. But first if we get enought interest i thought we could start with a knockout tourney during release week if you guys are up for it, or we could do a full champions league schedule if guys are interested.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

Im going to check out the Demo today.

17. Blaza

Very good ideas Mutt. Although I will say depending on how many guys we have, we may not even need to implement prestige limitations. For example, if we end up with 8-10 guys, I'd say there would be no need not to let guys scoop whichever team they want. But that can remain up for debate, you know I've got no problem running with the lesser squads. It can actually be quite fun. I guess it depends on the group we put together. Obviously we know of some gems among the lesser teams but some people would probably like to play with teams/players they are familiar with.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Muttcope

Yeah, if we have a small enough group we could open it up. I just wanted to include the casual soccer guy, who doesn't play enough to compete if you were to get Barcelona, and they pick last and were to pick somebody like Celtic. Just a way of leveling the playing field. Just trying to see what kinda of interest there is, and then we can see if we need limitations or not. It really doesn't bother me either way, because after playing the demo this weekend....I wish i lived in Europe just for the next couple of weeks to get this game early.

Here are a couple of commericals to show you non FIFA fans what you are missing in this global game.

First one ran during halftime of the Manu U Chelsea game last year's FIFA 09 game (could be one of the greatest commercials ever), 2nd one is the new commerical for FIFA 10 that ran during halftime of this years Man City Man U game this last weekend. 4 minute and 2 minute commericals for video games, you dont see that for Forza. (y)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdYEcgsZ9tM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdYEcgsZ9tM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gHN8y2hBVWM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gHN8y2hBVWM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

20. Blaza

Yeah dude it really does suck that we get the game over a month after Europe. There's no excuse for us not getting it by at least early October.

For those that don't play, one of my favorite parts of the FIFA series is how global the online scene is. Over the years I've formed several e-friendships with guys in England/Scotland/France from guys who play online. It's a pretty diverse community.

21. Muttcope

Anybody else interested for a FIFA league? Next Tuesday is the release date.

22. BlyGilmore

Yeah its pretty crazy. I played a 10-on-10 last year where I was on a team with a bunch of Scots and playing folks who sounded Brazillian. The commentary during the match, especially after goals, was awesome.

second moment to that was during one of the club matches we had with some old MM guys (i believe Ryno was there). we were playing a bunch of guys who were giving us shit because nobody on our team picked the spot where you can change players during the game (typical LOL noobs! stuff). We went up like 2-nil before the half and didn't hear a peep from the guys the rest of the way.

23. BlyGilmore

dunno about a league but i think we should setup one of those clubs and have a regular FIFA night where we get together and do some 10v10s.

24. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I'd be interested in a league, I've been anticipating this release for awhile. I don't think im that good at the game but I love playing. I'm a Man U fan so probably would want them but however the chips may fall.

25. Blaza

Mutt, you getting the game today? I'm going to pick it up after work--if you have time to to get some matches in tonight let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.