OFFICIAL Forza 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by RynoAid, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

OFFICIAL Forza 3 Thread

We are going to be providing full support here at TF for a Forza Racing League. If any of you were at MaddenMania when Forza 2 came out, you might remember the league that was put together by BlyGilmore.. it was some of the most fun i've ever had except for that Rogers dude.

I pretty sure Helli and JMS will be tagteaming the organization of races, hell i might even get involved, i love the game so much.

Nerd alert.... Im friggen drooling...

IGN AU/IGN Readers: What do you think of the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel? One of our readers commented that he thinks the PS3 has better wheel options.

John Wendl: Well, there's a new wheel that we're introducing with Forza 3, and that's in partnership with Fanatec that makes the Porsche branded wheel. It's a premium wheel; it has 900 degree support, it has an H pattern shifter, a clutch pedal, and we have clutch control in the game as well, it has really high quality force feedback. In Forza – unlike other games – we separate force feedback and rumble. Typically, the physics simulators try to do everything through force feedback, and it doesn't work.

What we do is we simulate torque alignment on the front wheels, like when you're drifting or sliding, the front wheels want to track in a straight line, and we simulate the torque alignment with the force feedback of the wheel. We simulate traction with rumble, so when the rear wheels are breaking loose and starting to vibrate and scrub, we simulate that with rumble so you can feel traction with the rumble and torque alignment of the front wheel with feedback and it gives you a little bit better an experience to predict where the car is and how to catch it and that kind of thing. And that combined with the new Fanatec wheel, I think is pretty cool.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'll be gunning for ya jman ...

[youtube]EXmD4h1K7Gg[/youtube]

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Dang you!

I still have flashbacks! LOL :D

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

LMAO!!

Yeah I have been thinking about what to do. I will converse with you and Helli on what I would like to do. I want to keep it Formal and Casual at the same time. Sort of just pick a night each week where anyone can show up and race with some formal parameters and keep track of Podium finishes on official races.

I'll propose a plan as we get into October.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I would LOVE to be a part of this. I'm fuckin' terrible at the game (can barely drive without traction control on) but you guys make it sound like it's really fun and I'm sure racing against you guys would make me play the game without all the handicaps on.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We have no problem with people using the assists. The main idea is to stay on the track...dont ram people b/c they brake earlier than you. Dont try and race to first place on the first turn and ect. While Helli usually leads the pack....the most fun are the smaller battles for 2nd 3rd and 4th....For example the are always times during every race where VASteelah and I will basically tailgate each other around the track trying to put the pressure on each other to fuck up.

You must have a TUNED car and you MUST have the tracks memorized. Otherwise you will be in last very fast. Helli is a level above but everyone else are solid no crash racers that just love to race.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will be playing and I will be crashing. Some things are outside of your span of control.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just dont fucking crash into me!

Seriously when it was just a Helli, Ryno, VaSteel, LJ, Ralnakor, JMS and maybe 1 more....we could go a whole nite without crashing into each other. Learn your lines and when someone brakes in front of you....guess what?

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

What are the specifications of tuning a car?

Do I have to go as far as changing up suspension angles and such or can I just adjust some tire pressures and that's it?

Other then that, I don't have a problem with that besides taking some time to actually memorize a track.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Dont brake in front of me or I will smash into you.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

LOL...thats usually my line. Funny thing is that I am mostly a very conservative driver. but I do like to fuck with Ral and VASteel.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

All I am saying is that if we are going to run 10-20 laps on Laguna Seca with a A class car, you better have an A class car tuned to the max with parts. I think the number for A class was 850 or something like that. You car better be no lower than 848.

14. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Last year the guys who knew how to tune a car would do it for you if you sent them the car in the "mail" ahead of a race date. I know Helli tuned up a couple of me and it made a huge difference. Same with Ryno - he's just send you tuned cars with awesome paint jobs because he liked doing them.

there'll also be some "tuning for dummies" guides out there - you just need to look on UK Forza sites. after reading some of those i was able to have a baseline understanding of tuning and able to make some barebones changes that helped in races. One site even had an excel spreadsheet where you'd throw some stats into it, like horsepower and what not, and it would tell you want to adjust your car too as a jumping off point.

(the whole tuning thing is pretty interesting because its really one part science and one part art. figuring out how to do things and why, but then balancing that with your style as a driver.)

with that said the true tests of skill were those races where we all had the exact same car tuned the exact same way.

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Just curious, how do you guys go about tuning the cars and such? Is it just trial and error?

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Also picking the right car for the track is important as well. It may sound hardcore but it really isnt.

Typical race would be 10 laps on Lagua Seca A Class cars Evos, Skylines, Zs, and STIs only! So you will need one of those types of cars ready to race on race day.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

It can be....tweak some stuff and go run a test lap, tweak again and run another test lap.

It helps if you understand the basic knowledge of cars though. Caster, Camber, Toe, Downforce, TP, understeer, oversteer ect. There is plenty of info out there.

To be honest you can compete fine if you just fuck with TP and Down force. You main problem will be staying on the track and hittin the correct line....if you have that down pack then you can worry about tuning more.

You could have the perfect car but you are racing like Slizzecyz or Roogy then it doesnt matter really.

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Oh ok. Gotcha.

Are you guys planning on doing stuff as soon as it comes out or are you going to give people some time to get some of the cars that you're going to want to use?

Any plans on using some of the base cars or anything like that?

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I will definitely be picking this game up.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We are going to have to give people time to get some money and cars...we might hop on casually

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

^
    |
    |
    |

will paint cars for donations..... (y)(y)

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

23. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm in. Drifting isn't fun, Drifting is an addiction.

24. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Here is a small sample of some of the paintwork i did last year.

My Garage