Official League Content

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

We had some ideas for content in the discussion thread, but to be honest it is tough to see. So I figured I'd post up what we have so far and I'll just update this first post with all of our content responsibilities as you guys add your ideas for your involvement (only if you wish to add content, not necessarily required).

@Dru50 - *Yearly MVP, *Hall of Fame, *Records

@Jayrah - *Tracking :5stars: Recruits, *Coach's Corner (sponsored by the Rose Bowl), "Midnight Snacks" (Tweet Board Remodeled), "The Carousel" (w/ Cheez)

@JFace907 -

@Recchem2000 - Power Rankings or Freshman Focus

@Danthraxxx - *Game of the Week Preview

@gowazzucougs - *Podcast

@Cheez - *The Carousel (w/ Jayrah)

@bucsfan047 - *Recruiting Updates

@sibellius - *Weekly MVP

@Colemanchu - Power Rankings or Freshman Focus

@whygodwhy1111 - *"Over the Lines" (Monthly editorial for Ncaa football)

@Corey Volting -

Yearly Threads/Boards (everybody content)
    Scholarships/Playbooks
    Recruiting Central
    Weekly Game Results

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

cfoley told me previously in a PM that he'd be interested in doing some additional recruiting content, but I'll let him expound upon that further.

I'd like everyone to contribute something, but I want it to be something that each of you WANT to do, rather than feel you HAVE to do.

3. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I do a weekly MVP over in my other league....it'd be fun doing it over here as well

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would gladly do a Game of the Week, did some in RMG that I thought were decent, if they sucked please let me know @JFace907 @bucsfan047

Sorry for being MIA round' here this weekend, been at memorial tourney with my girl all weekend :D

5. Jayrah

@Danthraxxx

Just as a clarification deal, do you plan on doing it in like "real week" format, so a game every couple or few weeks (ncaa 12 time), or actually every 1-2 days to keep up with the weeks as we progress?

I think a real week GOTW or actually probably more viably a Game of the Month (in ncaa 12 months) would be best. I think you could keep up with that better cause you only got like 4 months of cfb to worry about (not including the bowl season which you could do a special presentation on each season). I am only suggesting this because I tried to do a GOTW with some other members and it failed after a couple because even on 48-72 hr advances it was just a little much to do 12 of these. So yeah just thinking of lasting ideas here.

Something like a weekly mvp from @sibellius is pretty viable each week just because it's a #s deal and he would only need a single thread for a season with 1 continuous updating post.

6. Jayrah

On my particular additions:

As mentioned in the discussion thread, I will be posting everyone's available Blue Chip scholarships at the beginning of each season on our scholarship/playbooks thread. I will try to keep up throughout the season in our recruiting central thread (whatever we name it), as you all begin to sign your recruits. We will each be allowed 6 :5stars: recruits every 2 seasons, with no single year cap outside of the limit. Going over this has been promised to be severe penalty, so discretion is advised heavily!

"Coach's Corner" will be a three times a year thread with 2 user coaches from each conference involved in each thread. There will be questions asked by my reporters and mostly will be a way for coaches to speak about their teams and themselves on a different level than just weekly banter/updates.

"Midnight Snack Notes" will be a knockoff of the Night Owls' "Tweet Board", and will be made for short banter towards the other coaches and weekly quick notes from the coaches on their teams, players and opponents.

"The Carousel" will be hosted by @Cheez and myself. If he has more ideas they are welcome but I envision this to be a preseason and midseason update on the CFB landscape. There will be multiple topics, of which Cheez and myself will hash out what we will be reporting on. There won't be much back and forth in this, just a general report on interesting hirings/firings, team progressions etc. We may include our surprise top #25 teams or something as well. Whataya thing mr Queso!?

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Sounds pretty good to me!

As for my content, I will likely do my BCS Weekly reports starting in week 8, (Rankings / Bowl Projections) as well as a "Play of the Week" section for those of us who upload highlights.

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

no man those were good.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Well I am game to try a in game weekly, adv fast doesn't scare me too much just yet. As long as I don't OD on the NCAA and egt in 73 dynasties I should be able to handle it I think.

10. Jayrah

Aight cool!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I can do a power rankings of some sort or do a Freshman Focus of some sort, with notable newbies and how they are performing.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Those sound good. I'll do whichever one you dont.

13. Dru50

One area of content I would LOVE to get some help with is if someone wants to be in charge of migrating some of our best content (things like season previews, NCG summaries, MVP lists, etc) to the main TSO website. I'm not educated on how to do it but I'm sure someone like Shaun or JMustang could help us out.

14. Jayrah

@Jmustang1968
    @Shaun Mason

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If there is something in particular you want on the main page just let me know as they happen.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dru50

Thanks J. I'm hoping to migrate a decent amount of our good content to the main page throughout the 12 game cycle, so someone from here will be in touch.

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Dru, I am currently writing up a season preview for a league, similar to Saturday Heroes. I am doing the PAC-12 tonight, and then the B1G tomorrow. Maybe we can get that on the main page.

18. Dru50

That would be awesome - maybe you could include some quotes from the coach of each team about what they are looking forward to with their team or something?

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

okay, i will send out a pm to get some quotes

20. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

hmm..

I will write a monthly(4-5 game weeks) editorial entitled "Over The Lines" -

Over The Lines is a hard hitting and invasive examination of critical and trival issue on and off the college football field.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jayrah

bumping as a reminder and for sake of Corey Volting.