Official League Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Jul 2, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Official League Rules

OFFICIAL CREAM OF THE CROP LEAGUE RULES

Basic Facts:
    • 6 min quarters on AA diffulty
    • Sliders will be tuned when appropriate
    • 12 teams, 4 per each of the ACC, Big-10, SEC

Formations:

• Only QB’s may play QB
    • FB: Speed must be below 90 depending on playbook
    • TE: no WRs may play TE
    • Controlling Players: You cannot pick plays and let the computer run them. Nor can you utilize the Ask Corso feature. You must control your QB throws and RB/RS movement at all times.
    • Audibles: When calling an audible, you must allow the defense to adjust and be set for at least one second before snapping the ball.

Offense:
    Going on 4th Down: I encourage straight play in this league, however, I do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, here is the rule on 4th downs:
    A. Whenever you are inside the opponent's 40 yard line, you are permitted to for it on 4th down.
    B. If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    C. If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.
    • Playclock Rule: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play 6 minute quarters; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. I do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 2:30 remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the half.

Playcalling, Mixing It Up, Play Action: Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.
    Also, keep in mind it is unrealistic to call a PA Pass when it is 3rd down and more than 10. You may call a designed PA play and audible your RB to block or go into a pattern to stop the Playaction. Overuse of this or any other plays/patterns will be frowned upon.

QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TT, so running up the score on user opponenets will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin, even when playing the CPU.. I don’t want to see multiple 70-80 pt scoring games.

Defense:

• mix up play calling, blitzing and shifting is obviously permitted, but be realistic about it.

Pass/Run commit are not allowed

Special Teams:

• Fake Punts and FG’s: Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on fourth down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt or field goal. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise," but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.
    Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are permitted at kick-off to start either half or by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.
    Weekly Gameplay:
    Pausing: NCAA allows a limited number of pauses during the game, so please keep that in mind. If it's ever necessary to pause the game, please provide a quick explanation to your opponent if you are not utilizing your headset at that time. Pausing the game to show poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Please do not start a game if you know something will interfere with your playing time.

Disconnects: Games will disconnect from time to time for various reasons. It will be up to the players involved to figure out a resolution; with the choices being to either replay the game from the beginning or simulate for an obvious winner. If you cannot reach a resolution, contact the commish. TT expects all owners to have a reliable, high-speed ISP. If you are having any type of Internet trouble, please do not start the game until the problem is resolved.

Player must leave game in progress - Please do not start a game if there's a chance you will not be able to finish it. In the case of an emergency situation where you are forced to leave the game, an agreement should be made between both players as to whether the game will be replayed from the start or simulated in the opposing teams favor.

With TT on a “fast as we can go” schedule, missing games will be necessary at times. TT simply asks that you make every effort to schedule and play your own games, but when that's not possible, we request the following:
    -- Notify your opponent via email or message board as early in the week as possible.
    -- Notify the commish that your opponent will need to play the CPU or that your CPU game will need to be simmed.
    * Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a sim loss to your team.

There will be NO restarts on your user vs. cpu games. If I see a restart I will discuss it with you to see if there was an extenuating circumstance, but most likely any restart = automatic simulation of your game. The 2nd time.. = a simulation loss. There is no shame in losing to the CPU.. our difficulty and sliders will be targeted towards realistic challenge levels based on the caliber team the CPU is controlling… ex: CPU Ohio St will be tough… CPU Duke won’t…

Recruiting
    You are allowed to sign the amount of players leaving +2, the maximum amount that can be on your roster when it’s time to cut in the off-season is 72.

You can only sign six 5-star recruits.

Swaying Players

A player may not be swayed into returning if he meets any of the following criteria..

Rated 95+

Has won any major award/been named to AA Team

You CAN sway back players that have been named to the AA team but haven’t won any awards if they are rated under 89

Scheduling Requirements:

All user teams are required to play at least 4 user vs. user games each season.. You can request a 5th user game if you desire, but it is not required. You can schedule no more than 5 user games in any one season. Home and Home series are encouraged. You cannot have more than 2 additional home games over the amount of road games you play in a season, and that is only if there is a scheduling conflict keeping you from a 50/50 split.

Well thanks for reading, if you have any questions/concerns feel free to post em.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

disclaimer: these are a take-off of the rules the other ps3 league on this site is using, just with a few adjustments.

3. smace767

smace767 Walk On

My two cents

I think some of these rules are non-issues in NCAA 10 and unenforceable in other cases.

The scrambling around wont be the issue it was last year. While the pressure may not be what everyone expects. The AI is too the point that if you break the pocket guys will chase you. Pursuit angle fixes also make this not as big a deal that a rule is needed.

Play calling- How do you know if someone is using ask corso? What difference does it make? Corso most likely would pick the type of play at least, a human would pick anyway. If there is some way to know what play a guy picks someone please share it with me.

Teams call plays based on matchup and strength not for the sake of mixing it up. I expect Ga Tech or Army to run all the time, even on third and +5 yds, and I expect Mizzou to pass a lot, and West Virginia to run lots of screens and QB running plays. I dont want Ga Tech passing, Mizzou running power I, and West Virginia running three TE Iso's just for the sake of mixing it up. Adaptive AI also fixes this as well. Football 101 says run something until the other team stops it. Even as bad as the AI, pursuit angles and everything else, every play in NCAA 09 could be stop with the right defensive call and talent.

I think guys take the literal meaning of sim and twist it up. almost every BCS bowl team from last year is basically unsim in the way they play. Its screen passes, no huddle, QB running plays, WR direct snaps and non QB's under center that got them to a BCS bowl. Since that is how real teams played and what really happened then playing like that must be sim.
    OU, Mizzou, Oregon, USC, FLA, Texas, OLe Miss, and many others had non qb guys line up under center and and run plays. Was it hard to stop? H#ll yeah, thats why those teams made it too BCS / major bowl games.

They were hard to stop on offense. If they couldn't be stopped in real life, do we change real life to reflect what we want the outcome to be in the dynasty.
    If so, by definition that is not sim.

Don't confuse my point with me using any of those styles. A free scouting report is my style of play is dual threat / balanced on both sides of the ball. I use one of four playbooks on offense and all four have spread and power formations, and can run a spread or power type play out of the same formation.
    Look at the team I run with. I have most likely the lowest rated QB, the slowest WR corp, and the slowest hbs in the dynasty.

It was just fun and involved a lot of strategy and thought, going up against guys who ran so called cheese offenses. It made pulling out a win that much more rewarding when you stopped their scrambling QB, or an all-american wr, who was a heisman candidate, who tried to run from the qb position and catch screens all game long.

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

ok just to clarify some things, i posTed this so people dont literally run the same play all game. I have no problem with Mizzou throwin the ball all over the field and WVU optioning and whatnot. You can do these, just as long as it is a tactic to outplay your opponent, not take advantage of the game/AI. You are free to have a wideopen type gameplay, just as long as it is in good nature. i reallly dunnow how to say it, but do u see what im getting at? great post smace btw.

5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

No I understand Hoodlum10, we are good. Just trying to be active and give a few thoughts on the rules in general. Some of those were good rules for 09 but 10 with adaptive AI and other tweaks made some things not an issue any more.

And the game has package subs, and real teams do things that the rules don't want you to do as far as personnel goes. In truth a wr at QB is one of the easier plays to defend in the game. Hes not throowing the ball. Game planing will make it even easier. If i guess right and go for the strip with game planning, and key the wr playing qb with assignment keys, I bet he fumbles every other play because his carry rating is most likely low. Game tip #23 free of charge.

I got one post in for the day so far. Got to keep that post count up LOL.

6. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

So does this mean you cannot run the Wildcat formation?

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I think you can run it. Just dont abuse it.

8. JFunk34

I gotcha.

9. JFunk34

What are the recruiting rules for this league? I noticed the other leagues have defined recruiting rules and I was just curious if we have any. I just don't want to tick anyone off because I didn't know the official rules. Thanks.

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

You are allowed to sign the amount of players you have leaving plus 2. And you are only allowed to sign 6 6-star recruits.

11. JFunk34

I think you mean 5 star but I get your point.;)

Also what about players going out early?

12. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Read the rules about which ones you can talk into staying and which you can't...and if some do leave or transfer you can add that number back to your recruiting total. So for example if you were allowed 13 scholarships and then 3 guys leave early you then would have 16 available scholarships.

13. JFunk34

Maybe I'm just not seeing it on here but I didn't read anything about the requirements for who you can ask back and who you can't. I saw it on another board but no on this one. Can you direct me to it? Sorry, I just want to make sure I get the rules right.

14. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

you cant bring back some one who has won an award. and theres another one too.. i think is like a 93 ovrall ?

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Can't bring back anyone who has won a major award or that is 95 or higher. thanks for wanting to be straight with all of these, i appreciate it.

16. JFunk34

No problem. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

17. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I have updated the rules as some of you requested, the things that were not typed in there before that are now are in green

18. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Cool. Thanks for the clarification Hood

19. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i have read and understand all rules