Official Madden Release Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 28, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Guys, use this thread as our official launch day thread: discuss setup, league ideas, gameplay, what you love... all things Madden.

My initial thoughts on setup (please add, ask good questions, give suggestions, etc):
    -24hr advances for Preseason: this gives you time to practice and play some. But if you miss... no biggie.
    -For regular season: 72hr advance time (both games at same time); this is non-negotiable right now but you can discuss. There will not be exceptions but for crazy emergencies.
    -10-minute quarters with 20 second runoff (seems the norm; someone look into this). I want to get this right
    -All-Pro default: if we need to change kicking stuff we can a bit as we go
    -Trades: maximum 2 trades (they can have multiple pieces or one peace, but you get two transactions) in 1st season. Trades aren't that common. This does not include draft day trades.
    -Draft Day: if you don't have a microphone (bluetooths suck) for this thing, I don't know what to tell ya.. but you'll be missing out and screwed. The draft is amazing.
    -Slow game speed
    -Threshold: someone look into this. Default is fine but I know people are talking

Encourage you to:
    -scout some; do a practice session; play a game; sim a season (the simming is like insanely instantaneous fast); check out how free agents and the draft go (amazing!)
    -do your gameface on the website. your face will then go on your coach. more immersion
    -make triple sure you have the team you want. I'm still sweating over this. Vick has been in my ear lately.
    -Join the Cathedral Madden community (in the game) for off-league games and stat-keeping. I invited all of you, if it doesn't work cuz you didnt have the game just let me know.
    -Make sure you have Twitter. It appears as if most updates run best or solely through Twitter (i.e. through the Twitter page I setup for our league) or text messages.
    -Explore, explore, explore!

So excited. NCAA what? (did I just say that?)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

On the Pre-season, this is where you cut players in the first season if you have to many people on your team since you are allowed only 53 people or so on a nfl roster

3. vatechhokie01

correct.

Another note of serious importance: People are saying it all over the place. I know it. You need to know it...

Do not screw with your team too much. If you start cutting guys, trading guys, signing FAs, not renegotiating contracts, etc, you WILL screw yourself. Get a feel for a season. Know that the money matters and the logistics of it all can quickly get away from you. It certainly isn't as easy as signing all the best players and just cutting all your bottom tier guys. Do that, and you will be up a creek. It's complicated (which is why its so awesome!). Read. Learn. Do research. Be patient.

4. vatechhokie01

also: there will be no initially banned plays at all! go routes are tough! safeties play much better.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

So, do you need to invite us or how does this game work? I will get mine tonight and pop it in AFTER I play Alabama. (see what I did there) This will be my first Madden since....JP Losman was the starting qb of the Buffalo Bills

• Like Like x 2
  6. Goose

Goose Walk On

If Pro does not play I will be the Browns. IF he does I will be the Pats.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Gmorg...you going with the 49ers? If so, I would really like Lamichael James

8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

And GMorg if you are the Niners. I would like to bring Moss back home to Minnesota

9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm playing with the L.A. Raiders

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

They haven't played in LA for 20 years

• Like Like x 3
  11. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Fellas I may never buy another game from the store!!!

I downloaded madden to my PS 3 and it took less then 10 seconds! Had I know this I would have bought it last night. Once you download the early release of madden or any ea sports game in theory the game is on your system once the game comes out all you have to do is pay 59.99 for a unlock code that is 6K is size and then download it to your system and 10 seconds later you gaming...NEVER STANDING IN LINE AGAIN!!!!!

PS If the 49ers are open and you guys want me to make trades would you rather I be them?

12. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

There were in L.A. in 88 when I fell in love with them, damn it your a DREAM KILLER!!!

13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

depends, are you willing to part with my guy. than yes, for selfish reasons, I want you to be San Fran and give me my boy for a 5th round pick

14. Luke

Luke Walk On

Be the Raiders GMorg. Take the challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Just got back from picking Madden up during lunch. Ended up only paying $5.09 for it!!! I traded in NCAA 12 ($3.00), Madden 12 ($3.00), Mlb 12 The Show ($12.00), Tiger Woods 12 Master Ed. ($8.00) + 25% more for having a power card, total trade value $33.80. Total due 30.09. I got a $25 gift card for doing a bunch of bullshit surveys, bring it to the grand total of $5.09. Extreme Couponers can kiss my ass.

• Like Like x 3
  16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm the Raiders I just entertaining them...

;)

17. Luke

Luke Walk On

I just wanna laugh every time you throw a pick with lolmer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

copy in hand boys

• Like Like x 3
  19. vatechhokie01

the passing game is tougher! we are gonna throw a ton of picks early! lol... can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  20. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Who?

21. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

That's why I plan to run the ball 50 times a game!!!

22. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Did you download or did you get a disc copy?

23. vatechhokie01

I am really really torn on who to be. sigh. I can't decide!

Picked Cardinals
    But the Dolphins are terrible and would be a blast to rebuild
    Then though I really changed to Cowboys (family from Texas, love stadium... Danny Coale!)
    Now Eagles are sexy but they're too good (man I love Vick) and I know if I go that route Vick's fragile butt will get hurt like week 1
    But what about the Bills?! snow! uniforms!
    But then I love Matt Ryan and Julio Jones with the Rodgers (oregst) brotehrs is fun!
    But what about the Lions?! My childhood team! but then they're pretty good!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

24. vatechhokie01

negative.

also... only people not to add me on twitter are Ian, Pro, and Luke

25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Is there a dislike button! Like you told me its about picking a team for fun LOL Then you go get your old team lol