Official NCAA '11 Thread: 1 of ?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 18, 2010.

?

What Shall We Do?

1. Last season.. Boooo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. this year plus next year

30.0%
  3. Play through til '11 rosters come

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. play til '11 drops and forget about '10

50.0%
  5. play '10 finish out year along with '11 practice

20.0%
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Official NCAA '11 Thread: 1 of ?

Well here we are at the crossroads lol..

Edit: This is what I am thinking and just spread out all over the place. A lot of thoughts

We are in week 5 I hope to get through this year and another.

The game comes out Tuesday July 13th and will take roughly about a month to get a good roster set but would hopefully like to find one by the middle of August.

I just realized the other day while browsing around other threads about '11 that some of the rules and other dynasty guidelines will need to be changed up, so we all can help out on the new Constitution.

This thread is for really continuing the dynasty up until the new rosters come out along with play NCAA '11 for practice or once '11 comes out we drop this dynasty.

I think with whatever we start we should finish!

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

An idea I have is for us to do a test OD so we can all get a feel for the new/changed stuff. This would be a good time to test playbooks and offensive styles. We could even do a Coast2Coast tourney which might even be more productive and beneficial to everyone. I would be interested in heading it if Knight isn't up for it.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think we should just call it a day after this season. The demo will be out in a month and I think we'll all want to start playing the new game as soon as we can. However, if we start another season and they overlap we should definitely finish it.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I wish the demo would let you invite someone to play against. I would really like to play against someone to get ready for our gamestop tourny

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I liked the idea someone brought up in one of the party chats about a month ago about maybe running a practice dynasty when 2011 drops so we can spend a month or so getting used to the new game, and then when the rosters are out and the games count we hit the ground running.

I think it's gonna be hard to keep everyones interest in continuing C2C 2010 once the new game hits the shelf, but I would be up for continuing if enough of us are into it.

6. KnightNoles

If we get stuck in week 6 and beyond when the game drops I want to finish out the year.

7. Dru50

Great minds think alike, I should have read the whole thread before responding. I think the medical term for that is premature posting.

8. Dru50

Agreed, and to Brian's point, I think once this season is done we should decide if there is enough interest in going for one more.

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I say we play until '11 comes out and finish out whatever season we are in at that point.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I'm in agreement with Brian on these points. By the time we finish this season the release of 11 will be very close. I know we have sped things up in the last couple days but we'll be hitting user games here again in next couple weeks of season, so 1 1/2 day advances aren't likely to continue. There is still 10 weeks left in regular season + conference championships + bowl weeks. That would put us in early - mid June with 48 hour advances and end of June if we go back to 72 hour advances.

I don't see much point in starting another season unless we have at least a full month before new game comes out. Once I get the new game the old will likely go into storage with NCAA 2009.

11. BDSDIGITAL

I was planning on trading NCAA 10 plus a few other games that are collecting dust around here. Might as well purge some of the collection...

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im down to finish if we're caught in the middle of the season when NCAA10 drops.

I think having a practice type C2C OD would be great. We could even switch teams/offenses/defenses every year or something like that... Then when some really good rosters come out we are all warmed up ready to go

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, I think running 2010 until the rosters come out along with a practice OD for 2011 would be good.

14. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I'm with Brave and Brian. By the time this season is done, the 11 demo will likely be out. As much as I would like to play another season in NCAA 10, I think us taking a small breather and getting used to NCAA 11 will be better than jamming in another season right up until 11 rosters are out. If we do that, that would mean I'd be playing both NCAA 10 and 11 back and forth, which doesn't seem to make much sense.

With that said, if you crazy a-holes want to play another season, I'm game.

15. Dru50

Noles, when do we want to revisit teams for next year? I kind of like what the guys in T1 are doing with picking their teams now so that they can spend the next 4-6 weeks getting familiar with the team, it's roster of players/recruits (in real life), etc. I think for those of us, like me, who are intimately familiar with the real life counterparts of their NCAA video game team that would be cool.

I know several people (you, brian, perry, bond and brave I think) are set with the teams you are currently using, but I think that about half the league may be interested in a move.

I'd be more than happy to spearhead the discussion if you are ok with that, but this is your rodeo so I'll abide with what you want to do.

16. Dru50

Plus, it's been real slow in here the past couple days so maybe that gives us something to talk about.

17. KnightNoles

I'll get it going here shortly...

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I tossed around switching teams but I think I'm gonna stay put with the Gators. I'm already familar with the majority of their roster and all I would need to learn is the new recruits from this past recruiting class.

19. BDSDIGITAL

Speaking of team changes:

With the shenanigans in the Big 12 over the weekend we should talk about team changes again.

I'm more than willing to give up OSU for the betterment of the whole and if we don't want to do the conference realignment then maybe Juggs needs to decide who he would like to be next year. I've heard him toss around LSU, Penn St and I think someone else but I can't remember. That could work two ways: He could take Penn St and I could abandon OSU, or He could take LSU, Brave could move to OSU and then I could take Oklahoma.

I do think Juggs should decide where he wants to go as it's apparent he doesn't reserve much love for his current team. Like I told Dru and Twist yesterday, I really don't care who I am. If everyone else wants to decide their schools I'd be fine picking last and just picking a team in whatever conference is available, whether it be a Big12 team (OU) or a Pac 10 team (Cal or Oregon) probably, or whomever...I'm sure I can find a dyansty where I can be OSU next season so I'm not really sweating it.

20. Dru50

No need to change on my account Brian.

Max - Texas is yours if you want them, I will be switching to another school/conference as I mentioned when we chatted this weekend.

I'd like to get USC if hippo is moving to WVU, but I will take another team if it makes transitions easier for the league.

21. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I don't hate OU but they were the only realistic choice available if I wanted a shot at winning. I'd have much more emotionally invested with ND, Penn State and probably LSU. What I don't want to do though is have anyone else move off their team to accomodate me.

22. KnightNoles

Anyways this looks to be our final season as of now, but we will readdress this once we get to the end of this year.

23. KnightNoles

well......

I'm game for another year but we Have to finish it that means..... If you all are up wait for it wait for it wait............

24-48 hour advances

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Go for 24 hard advances, would keep things interesting. If people don't want to participate they can opt to wait for next year's game.

25. BDSDIGITAL

i'm barely getting all my games in now as it is.