Official NCAA '11 Thread: 2 of ?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 19, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Official NCAA '11 Thread: 2 of ?

Team Selection

Column 1 Column 2
    Papa Alabama
    brave Florida
    Knight Florida State
    BDS Ohio State
    Bond Michigan
    hippo West Virginia
    Beazus
    Twist
    Juggernaunt
    bogey
    Max
    Dru

I know Max has expressed interest in Texas
    Jugg- Notre Dame
    Beazus- Nebraska
    not much else

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

So how's this going to work?

Will the user of a current team have "rights" to that team or conference spot but can trade with someone else if they want to switch teams?

ex. I am USC, so therefore I control a Pac-10 spot. Dru wants to be USC so I can trade him my Pac-10 spot for his Big-12 spot.

Or some other way? Free for all? Just curious, I know we have lots of time to iron this stuff out.

3. KnightNoles

Yes, we are keeping the same setup and can look at it this way.

You all each have rights to the teams and conferences but I would expect a lot of trading to do.

Dru seems like he would move to the ACC or to USC but Max wants Texas if he moves so there are some complications that have to worked out

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think someone that knows they want to move should start the proceedings. That will create an opening. Or if someone knows they want a team that is currently not being used...or something to get things started or it's just going to be a stalemate.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

OFFL West did it differently. If you wanted to change teams you had to give up your rights to your current team and enter a draft. The draft order is determined by your seniority in the league.

6. KnightNoles

Alright we will do it this way and depending on who opts out I will go by seniority or by random generator.

Say opt out if you want to give up your rights to your team and enter the draft.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think Max is getting Texas in T4 next year, so he might not want them here now. I do think he's mentioned wanting out of Oregon. I'm also guessing Bogey might want to look around.

With the 'opt out' theory in place, I'm going to hold off on giving up Texas until I get an idea what other teams/conferences might be available. Part of me wants to try someone new, but I don't want to give up Texas and be stuck with the second Pac-10 team or something similar. Sorry Leon, you may get stuck with being Noles' whipping boy again next year.

I agree though that the people who would even entertain changing teams should post that thought, it would at least give an idea of what openings might be possible.

Another thing we discussed was maybe moving Notre Dame into the Big East, since Hippo mentioned in one of the older threads that he might be interested in being WVU.

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I know I have expressed interest in opting out but I just can't leave my team in my #1 OD.

*Sticking with Alabama*

9. Dru50

Noles - on the topic of Notre Dame, are we thinking of going with the 5 conferences again with 2 of them having 3 people or would you prefer to have the Big East in or maybe drop a conference so that we have 4 conferences with 3 teams each?

Just another thing we can hash out over the next couple of weeks.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

People thinking of changing teams may want to wait until the new game comes out to check the new rosters. That was the main reason I suggested a C2C tourny and allow people to use different teams they have interest in

11. KnightNoles

Well it looks like we might not get anywhere.

Who is expressing interests in other schools. Who is shopping around and not going to be loyal like Petrino. lol?

Max
    Beazus
    Jugg
    Twist
    hippo
    dru

12. BDSDIGITAL

staying with OSU

Next.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Dru's reasons for staying with Texas are the same as why I'm sticking with Florida. I don't want to give up on a top team and end up at a lesser school. I still hate Florida, though not as strongly as Noles' fans apparently (referring to a couple guys in Rivalry).

14. KnightNoles

Here is a Thought, just to get something going
    Column 1 Column 2
    Papa Alabama
    brave Florida
    Knight Florida State
    Beazus Nebraska
    Bond Michigan
    bogey Miami
    Twist Oregon
    BDS Ohio State
    Jugg Notre Dame*
    Max Texas
    Dru USC
    Hippo WVU

* move to big East​

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It would be cool if we could get all 6 BCS conferences filled, rather than an uneven number in a conference and independent ND. This would make it even more likely for user vs user bowl games and get rid of a cupcake CPU team in a BCS auto bid.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You should move ND to Big East rather than 3 users in Big 11. Other than that Twist may be the only one who needs convincing.

17. KnightNoles

Well the only thing I could think of is if Hippo decides to go to the Big East that would take ND to the Big East

18. Dru50

Yeah, I think if Hippo is genuinely interested in taking WVU and someone still wants to use Notre Dame moving them to the Big East makes a lot of sense.

Has Juggs said that he wants the Irish?

Also, has anyone heard anything from the bogester recently? I haven't seen him post in here recently.

19. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Yes...yes..Y-E-S

give me WVU.

20. BDSDIGITAL

Ok now we have something going.

21. KnightNoles

this puts Notre Dame in the Big East along with WVU. opens up USC, which will give way to bogey, Dru or if someone else steps up

22. Dru50

Max and Leon would have seniority over me but I would give up Texas and take USC if neither of them want them.

23. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I would allow someone to take Michigan from me..............................

for 1 MEEEEEELION DOLLARS!!!

[​IMG]

24. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I hate to throw a wrench in things but I am undecided, thinking of LSU, Penn State, ND and would even consider Michigan.

25. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I'd like to see the rosters too before I make a final decision.