Official NCAA '11 Thread: 3 of ?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Jun 16, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Official NCAA '11 Thread: 3 of ?

What we will be doing from once this season is over and until we start year 1 on NCAA '11.

Things to be done
    • Constitution
      Rules, restrictions, gameplay, etc...
    • Recruiting rules
    • Start a dynasty, test everything out
    • Vote on co-commish
    • Vote on the new member

What are some others?​

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

What is with this co-commish phenomenon?

I nominate Bondzai

Edit: I would also volunteer to be the co commish if no one else wants too.

Another question:

As far as the recruiting rules and gameplay rules, shouldn't we really need to wait until the game comes out to figure that out? The plan was to do a test dynasty right?

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah we may want to do a test online dynasty to see how things work. Wouldn't need to get all 12 but at least 5 or 6 people to give this a test run. This could help us in setting the rules for recruiting and test actual gameplay.

We also will also need to figure out best set of rosters and sliders before real dynasty starts. Hopefully it only takes a week or two to get some good rosters, can't recall how long it took last season.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Last year the game was released on July 14th and Lanteri had fully named rosters on July 19th

5. KnightNoles

If he gets em out and they are pretty close, I'll go in and edit our teams to make it as close to my knowledge..

6. Papa Perry

Just please don't touch the ratings. That's all I ask.

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Feel free to downgrade the FSU and Alabama rosters.

8. Papa Perry

Well actually there are really only 2 players on Bama's roster who are actually overrated

9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Hey Papa, are your eye's brown??? :D

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Says the man with the highest rated team in the game lol.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

So do we have stuff to do before the game officially comes out? Seems like my other leagues are much further along in planning stages for 2011.

12. KnightNoles

yea we are a little behind the 8 ball...

need to start discussing this stuff now.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well I think the first thing we need to do is fill up the remaining spot(s). I know we are waiting for Drifter on that one but hopefully we can get an answer from him soon. Other than that we need to figure out schedules and get some initial discussion on rules. I think the rules stuff can wait till we play-test the real game, since we'll be waiting on rosters anyways.

14. KnightNoles

schedules ill figure them out once I get the game...

I mean everyone might be talking about what they are doing for '11 but no one knows how it will play except for freakin Ryno because he already has the damn game...

15. KnightNoles

Everyone knows Dru has retired and I believe bogey will be out too sooo here is our potential newbies:

Colemanchu
    Emmdotfrisk
    Hotrod expressed interest but took a spot in TF4 so I doubt he will be available
    blaza
    superbowlnachos
    received PMs from: TBrown80 & CUFreeze

16. BDSDIGITAL

I vote for Colemanchu and Frisk.

They are established members and would probably be good fits here. Just my opinion.

17. Papa Perry

I also vote frisk and cole

18. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Frisk is real solid with the content BUT he is an Iowan
    Cole would also be a good member but I believe he is from Wisconsin

Fuck em both!

19. KnightNoles

damn nice guys even though there isn't a vote lol.. i was just simply telling you the people up for the spots hahahaha

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah there still has been no word from Drifter on who we are getting to round out our ranks. There is a thread in commish forum but it keeps getting overlooked by site administrators. Every time Knight bumps it up then someone else bumps another thread and apparently management only looks at first thread.

21. Papa Perry

It's a week before the game comes out. Just fill the spots. This isn't something we need to wait until the last minute to do. Find 2 guys that want a Pac-10 or ACC team and give em the spots.

As far as schedules: Why can't we discuss them now? We all have the ability to look up our schedules and find out our off weeks. I'll volunteer to do it if its too much trouble. But either way I'd rather us figure this out now rather than just worry about it when we get there and schedules go from something that's discussed to something thrown together by someone who didn't wanna take time to study it

22. KnightNoles

ahh quit stressin pops. There will still be another week or a few too get all that stuff done while waiting for the rosters.

23. BDSDIGITAL

We need to add the other two teams before we do schedules anyway. That should be the first priority.

24. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Now that we've got our 2 new members, what's the plan from here until we start up the dynasty? Are we going to run a test-dynasty with only a few members before the actual one? Are any of us working on sliders/rules or will we take them from another dynasty?

Just wanted to get a couple things cleared up so I know what to expect. I can't wait to get my hands on this tomorrow.

By the way, does anybody have the game yet? If not, when is everybody getting theirs? I'll grab mine tomorrow evening after I get out of work.

25. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I know a lot of the premier commishes are joining forces to run a test dynasty until patch #1 and rosters are complete. I estimate this to be around the end of july, first week of august or later. I am sure that whoever wants to do a test dynasty sure can and report their findings. Any input will benefit TF and C2C.