Official NCAA 14 Demo videos Pt. 1,2,3

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Raidernation, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I admit every time I played the NCAA demo in the past my first thoughts were hows it look? Did they improve on frame rate? Animations? Uni’s, facemasks, cleats? It’s funny because the very ones I would agree with when it came to these improvements are the ones that convinced me that they weren’t actually improvements at all. Take last season; A+ set up aesthetically on most counts. Nike Pro apparel - check, updated uni’s all around including in-season updates - check, even the ESPN presentation was in check; shit was nice. They even threw in the legends type mode with RTG, but how was the game play …….. I won’t say it; most of you are thinking it. Forward to this cycle. As I dove into the game I ignored the obvious, although the game plays super sharp, animations are smooth not choppy, they even added some detail to the cleats. My focus this go round was gameplay and this 2.0 business, the meat in the bone. The Skills drills, big ups to EA, are reminiscent of the point pursuit challenge mini games of old I indeed missed them, bring the goods to Madden please. The drills put you through practice modes for various aspects of the game, running, passing, the option and the reverse of each on the defensive side of the ball. While I was playing through the medals portion of the drills during the option portion, the blocking down field surprised me, some guys even went for two blocks. I saw a receiver come back and make a block across field to get me in for a touchdown. The ball hawk AI is a tad buggy but no real issues there. The Burst feature has great risk reward value for both sides of the ball IMO. Time it right; the pursuing defense pays the price for a bad angle. Hit the burners too early and you wont make it outside the tackles. The same goes for defense, time it right and you might be scooping six.

@3:15 Blocking highlighted​
    @4:11 Pass blocking issues (no line)​
    @6:26 Ball hawk​
    @7:08 New hot routes​

As for the play now part of the demo, defensively it seems Heisman difficulty has the defensive AI’s head on a swivel. I noticed most were squared up and ripped properly towards the ball carrier when on the play side and rarely over pursued. Man coverage SEEMs to be more realistic we will wait on the patch for this analysis. The CPU offensive AI looks to be improved QB’s field awareness for the most part, as apposed to their drone like state in NCAA13 (@4:06 video#2). On one occasion a guy was wide open but the QB didn’t see him and the ball went incomplete over the middle, I’m assuming it was a safer throw. On a separate occasion I pulled off of a WR to see if the QB would go for the “open” man and he did. I don’t know the programming behind it and whether or not the guy goes for the sure thing automatically or if the risky throws that are taken by better QB’s with high awareness. Michigan’s QB was obviously a mobile QB so I’d expect him to take a dump off. Another thing I noticed in video two was that game the burst meter aka the stamina, reset after every play and showed minimal wear as it reset in-between snaps. It can be nearly depleted and moves will be still affective, but an average hit can then cause a fumble from what I’ve seen in game. I saw a few other things but I won’t make it a bash fest.

@2:08 player gets greeted ​
    @2:30 O - H - I - O​
    @3:37 Pocket awareness​
    @3:40 & 4:47 NCAA 13 coverage​
    @4:58 Good penalty ​
    @5:09 Great downfield blocking​

The third video is a combination of two games and different things are highlighted throughout. The first matchup I played as Bama vs. Va Tech. Blocking was still good, I noticed a few buggy Man coverage plays. I didn’t take to the Coordinator Cam, although its good for seeing the play art but that’s it. I’d love to see a tighter zoom after the action resumes. That would make it useable. One thing that stood out to me in my Bama game was the added accuracy of the play challenge I saw. I know, its still a demo, the game isn’t finished and they'll make it or break it, but on the play I saw, the reversal was spot on. On my third game, Ducks vs Aggies, I noticed a few things. The first was that you go into a menu that you can see top players before you go into the game and you can also access a similar menu once the game is through. This will be nice to review while in User vs. User matchups for a quick scout before the game kicks off as well as for summaries during the post game. Visually I was amazed by the Texas night sky, a lone star in the night sky in the lone star state, it literally twinkled while My team was at the line of scrimmage. The last thing I noticed was an addition while at the line of scrimmage on offence. What I noticed was a stat line that reads something like …….. Speed:-1 Height:0 Release:-16 Route Running: -10. Before you see this you see a notification that says select a receiver to view breakdown. I’m imagining it’s used to determine your receivers advantage or disadvantage against the other team. I only played the games once so this is all gathered from watching the film let me know what you guys think about this new addition and its possible uses. Catch you in the latest OD.

@1:19 New Off/Def adjustments​
    @4:00 Instant replay/Coordinator Cam​
    @7:14 LB Glitch​
    GM #2 @9:09​
    @10:18 Take in the visuals then get Johnny footballed​
    @13:05 Monster stiff arm​
    @12:46 & 13:36 Assignment breakdowns​

• Like Like x 4
  2. Raidernation

Drifterbub .... maybe you can shed some light on this new feature

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 11.16.23 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 11.15.26 AM.png

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

It's a coach skill that you can unlock and shows you the ratings breakdown between a WR and the defender lined up over them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raidernation

Thanks for the reply, does this skill apply to lineman match ups as well ? Or is there a separate skill for it?

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

I talked about this in another thread, but those yellow horizontal lines, green arrows and red arrows are linemen match-ups.

6. Raidernation

Yes I saw that but didn't remember whether they where stat based like the WR/CB match ups read or they just give the minus, even or negative symbols.... Ill read thru it in a few.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

They are ratings based, but do not display any differentials. Or at least from what I remember.

8. Raidernation

Cool and once again thanks for the feed back.

9. gnittio

gnittio Walk On

Raidernation great review of the demo. I pretty much agree with everything you said. While there are a few minor glitches here and there in the demo it does seem to be an improvement over last year (so far). The skill drill is an added bonus. I've played with and against each team in the demo myself and seems like we'll have a good year.

One off topic question if you don't mind . . . how did you capture the video/audio gameplay for posting.

10. Raidernation

Elgato game cap, glitchy at times but otherwise great software.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

So since the coach skill is probably not trained, these numbers are inaccurate? Because every matchup I have seen in the demo, no receiver has an advantage over any defender.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

It should be noted that most of the teams in the demo have good corners.

I haven't really paid much attention to them.

13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Fair enough. I was hoping you wouldn't tell me it's broken :p

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

I wouldn't know if it was, lol.

15. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

And yet off man coverage is still absolutely useless against everything but flys/streaks :/