Official Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Mar 30, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Official Off Season Thread

Too many questions, not enough answers..

So did we figure out about Tulsa getting into the Big 12?
    Has that been done yet, or what?

Who is hosting the dynasty. I really don't care who it is...to me it sounds like either parrothead or troy would be the best for the job.

So, let's figure all this out before we keep moving.

1. Is Tulsa in the Big 12 yet?
    2. Who is hosting from here out?

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yes Tulsa is in the Big12 North now.

.and I have no idea who will be hosting. Parrothead said he would do it.

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll be glad to do it. The only issue I'll have is that I'll be gone Friday evening through Sunday early evening. Since it's Easter weekend, though, that shouldn't be a problem.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alright, good shit..

It's up to you and troy. If you both want to do it, be my guest. We just need to figure something out, and when we do york can step down.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Personally, I'd like to do it. Like I mentioned before, I'm on every night around 10 or so and on until 1 or so, depending on the night. I'd be able to advance the junk any night, and if things get done during the day, I can advance it as soon as I get back from work. I'm also hanging out at the site all day at work, so I can see when we're ready to advance, too. If Troy really wants it, though, he can have it. Just thought I'd make myself available since I'm always checking scholarships for violations, always on the site, and online pretty much every night.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Ok I can host till Parrot gets back I am taking the weekend off but will be at home so it would be no problem to host it till Monday and then Parrot can save it off line and then send out new invites that night. Sound good to everyone?

7. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yeah, hey did I mention not to take it past players leaving until later tonight. I'll hook mine up when I get home from work.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I looked in the description and didn't find any restriction about players leaving
    my guys are 86 and 83 havent won any awards

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

All of mine decided to stay

10. KnightNoles

Luke Washington 83 Ovr Kicker decides to walk away from the program and enter the draft. 14-14 on Field Goal attempts this year with his long being 47 and also had punting duties with an avg of 44.1 yards on 49 punts, his net avg was 37.2 yards and had 14 punts downed inside the 20.

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

which is when exactly? It should be no problem I am not home till 7:00 pm and have to get the kids ready for bed so I will not be on till 8:30-9:00 pm

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No one is really talking about when we're gonna do this, so is it safe to assume its not tonight?

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That works for me.

Parrot will host, and York will hand it over next Monday..

You get scholarships for letting people leave, lose scholarships if you accept transfers. It is in better detail in the rules thread on the third post I believe.

There are no restrictions on persuading people to stay.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Junior HB Brian Robinson stays after contemplating going pro...

edit: also, it appears that only two people have transfer requests..

texas tech - 87 ovr SS from LSU, RS So Spencer Allen
    washington - 85 ovr HB from USC, RS So Justin Adams

15. KnightNoles

This is what I wanted to know

Thanks

16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Parrothead can do it. I didn't really care who did it, just made myself available if necessary. Host it by all means Parrothead.

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You're right. There hasn't been a date/time set up. I propose Wednesday night at 10 EST. That way everyone has more than a day's notice. Thoughts?

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I concur

19. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Sounds good to me. So wednesday it is?

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'll accept the transfer. If Max wants the safety, we can go straight to week 1 tonight. And actually even if he doesn't, he could just cut him later. Right?

21. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Sounds good. I should be able to hook it up when I get home around 5 pm eastern or so.

22. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm done.

Talked RE 82 overall into staying around for senior season instead of going pro.

RB 84 overall wants to transfer and I told him I would even buy his plane ticket for him. C-YA....

23. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

After being screwed out of the Heisman.....

Heeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Horner elects to return to Tulsa for his senior season as they join the Big XII!

I just kinda threw 65 mins at him since I have only one or two scholly's left and he came back, didn't expect it at all, makes shit a little crammed in the backfield now! But I'll take it!

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Jman don't take this personal because I felt the same way when Ike was bringing his WR back in year one and two. I think this is not sim. If you win the Doak have sick numbers like Horner does you are not coming back to school. I know we don't have this as a rule in TF4 but I think we should look at this. I really want a shot at the Heisman this year and Horner pretty much has it locked up with Cheech being the only other competitor. I know he could get injured but come on he had over 2000 yards and he owns just about every frickin ncaa record. what are the chances he comes back in real life?

25. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

None taken. I honestly didn't think he'd come back. Honestly, but, since there was no rule I figured I'd put up minutes and see. I can honestly say this though, he won't have the same season, not even close. Don't get me wrong, he'll get his carries but with my offensive plans there's no way he'll get the same numbers when you combine how many different athletes I'll have this season to get the ball to and the fact that I'm in a real conference now. Numbers will not be the same, no way in hell my friend. But who has an insane year and wins awards and comes back? Look no further than this college season with Bradford, Heisman and REDICULOUS numbers with a guaranteed top 3 pick and he came back...and we all know how that worked out.

I fully understand your side, but understand mine too. But I reiterate, his numbers won't be the same. No fucking way. (and hell, he may break his damn leg week one)