Official Petition for all members of TF to participate in Season Showdown

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by H22APWRD94, Feb 21, 2010.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Official Petition for all members of TF to participate in Season Showdown

If you have nothing to hide about your play style, then why hide it? If you are not a participant in SS, no points show period. So I can't tell if somebody is playing run commit or pass commit on me. Jump the snap? No way to know. I have played a few games against users that are not registered, and it has always caused me to question their play at a few parts of the game. Maybe I am way off base here, but we are a sim place to play ball. If you have rules in place in your dynasty that only allow certain types of gameplanning and committing, is there any other way you can enforce it?

Mike

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I didn't even know you could not be registered on season showdown? I thought it made you once you sign up with the ea sports thing or whatever that was

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I agree Mike, you should be signed up. In BfR, we ban Pass Commit & Run Commit. So, if you aren't registered...

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

How do you tell if someone isn't registered?

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Only way I can think of right now is if you played somebody, they would get no points at all, all game. Maybe there is a leader board somewhere on the game within SS?

6. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I concur 100 percent.

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Hmm I guess I haven't played anybody like this yet but I will be on the look out for them.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I rack up a lot of negative sportsmanship points because god damnit no cpu is gonna tell me how and when to call my plays and I like the backup QB to throw a few passes which usually results in -100 per play even if it's a 5-yard pass. How can you look up somebody by user name on there to see if they do certain things? I thought you could only search by school.

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Hellisan, I do not believe there is any way to find out about users other than playing them. And I completely understand your frustration about the cpu and the huge negatives for sportsmanship for passing in the 4th quarter basically.

Mike

10. JFunk34

I would be all for making this a TF wide rule.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ah o.k. so you're wanting people to have it on so you can see the points breakdown after the game? Just wanting to understand.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

currently # 18 under Florida State......

13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Actually, during the game. If pass commit was used on a play, and it was banned, person using SS would show "Play the Pass +3", person not using SS would not show anything. That also goes for run commit, and aggressive gameplan features that score points. I know we should trust our opponents, but sometimes it just feels wrong. You know what I mean?

Mike

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Gotcha, makes sense.

How many leagues is pass commit banned in? we have guys in my league taht like to run play action just about in any situation and to me this is invaluable and I don't find it to be overdone (unlike run commit).. Do ppl think this is cheese, and if so, why?

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Really? I've played some games where it felt like I was getting hitsticked the whole entire game with no line protection. Agressive Big Hit/D-Line? But nothing ever showed up. Now I see why.

I'LL PUT MY HAND AND CO... I MEAN JOHN HANCOCK ON THIS TO MAKE SURE THIS IS ENFORCED.LOL

16. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

if you are playing someone in a dynasty game, besides seeing them not getting points, the only way to tell is at the pause screen. On the right hand, if you are signed up for SS, is will show the team you are supporting in ss mode.

but I agree, this should be a league wide policy that you have SS turned on.

17. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

why should you have to participate in SS? i dont participate because i simply dont want too........ why should you have too? that sounds kinda lame to me.... but then again the whole play the pass or run commit system is lame to me...... just play the game..... if someone is running pass commit against you, its pretty easy to tell, if its banned pause the game ask your to stop, if they deny it save the replay and upload it as provethat shit aint rocket science...... sigh, sadly this is why i only play in the Deuce......

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

pass commit is not banned in many leagues, so it doesn't serve to benefit everyone.

maybe it's just me, but i don't have any issues with any of the strategy's or commit features EXCEPT for run commit... that one is blatently gay.

Most other leagues have decided on the other stuff on a league to league basis.

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Dline aggressive is a complete unrealistic joke. Turns any line into 4 super men and I have had games where I pump snap all game long and do not get one offsides. But ya there really no reason as why you shouldn't sign up If you league wants you to do so.

20. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Im sure 95% of us play fair and maybe the odd game the player doesn't realize they are using pass commit / forgets its banned in that league. I think if there is any question during the game a pm can solve it or just hit start and see the SS score. I believe it says regardless if they have signed up or not. Saving hightlights could always be done if it just got out of hand. But no i dont think everyone needs to sign up.

21. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Again, it does not keep track of points unless you are a participant. And, yes, I understand how to tell if something is being used when it is not supposed to be, but I would rather a player play straight according to the rules that they agreed to, than have to play the he said/she said game. Like Zep said, eliminate the grey areas. I understand the pop-ups can be annoying, but you are talking a little box at the bottom, not VH1 bubbles here. Zep, actually I am not 100% sure it even says user tackle. I would have to test the theory.

Mike

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I haven't looked recently but pretty sure I'm in the top 5 for Bowling Green. I chose to support my alma mater rather than my current favorite team, Ohio State.

23. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

zippie chance of me ever signing up for SS.... reason being the more people that sign up for that garbage the more of a chance they try to bring it back in the next version of the game..... sorry if your running into cheesers..... i guess i am lucky and i am in a couple of dynasties with guys i dont have to worry about....

24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I agree, they need to throw it out along with all gameplanning features. I like how they put it in the E-leaugue, If you want guys who can catch recruit guys with good catch, If you want guys who can hit hard recruit hard hitters. A gameplan shouldn't effect the way your guys play, and If it does they should atleast make it realistic to player ratings.

25. JFunk34

Well I do agree they should throw out gameplanning. Or at least make it possible to disable it in an OD. If they did that then this whole argument about SS would be moot since then most of the points that people consider cheese would be disabled.