Official Restart / Connection Lost Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Official Restart / Connection Lost Thread

If you have a restart / loss of connection at any point during the dynasty please post here.

Required information
    Quarter :
    Time :
    Score :
    Assumed Reason for disconnect:

2. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

I'm not sure what happened here. After my game against KingSpring, I was in the post game menu doing highlights and stuff when I kept getting a message telling me to sign back into my account. Now, when I hit the guide button I was clearly still signed into live. I could see friends online and we even getting notification of people coming on and offline. Anyway, I decided just to forget about highlights, but then when I tried to go back to the main menu I got the message below. At this point I couldn't do anything but hit the guide button. Looking at my Dynasty Wire it looks like the score and results were uploaded, but it was telling me on the console that the results would be disregarded. For the record: Spring won 20-17 in OT... hell of a game.

I hope nothing was messed up because of this:

[​IMG]

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

This happened to be a few weeks ago also.... I think I am starting to find out the cause.

It seems to be happening after user vs user games.... Then it seems to happen if you stay in the highlights for too long... If the extended time in the highlights are not what's causing it, then it maybe the other user accessing the story on dynasty wire before you have completely left the game.

I think one of those two things are the cause.

4. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

I had it happen again after my game with blacksunshine. I was able to create a story online and use the pics and highlights that he had uploaded in my Dynasty Wire. It seems like whoever finishes first get their up, and the other person gets the error.

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Me and Kingspring had to start our game over once. We got to somewhere in the second quarter when he lost connection with me. He said he was having trouble with his internet connection. I know he didn't just quit because he took a 14 to 7 lead at the time. We both agreed to just play the game over and we were able to finish the second one.

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Had a d/C with Kingspring. I guess he lost connection because it allowed me to continue versus the computer. I was ahead 29 to 14 with about 1:30 left in the third. I sent him a few messages on live, but he was offline right after the D/C. I know it is possible that he could have came back but, I finished against the CPU. Don't think it would be fair to have that much a lead that late and lose the next game. The final was 38 to 14. I punted and it was downed at the 3. The CPU qb held on to the ball so long that he was sacked for a safety. Only rushed 3 on that play. I used conservative tempo to run the clock and ran almost every play. Score last TD on a long drive couldn't start downing it yet. Got the ball back and ran out the clock.

7. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

three things charter...

Not a clue what happened with the internet/cable/phone last night. Everything went dead. This would be the reason I couldnt contact you what so ever until now. I called them and the only thing they could tell me was they are doing upgrades in my area..

The last time i disconnected with you (due to the new xbox with the new built wifi had issues @ first) I was up by seven in the red zone.. Im glad I got the same benefit of doubt esp considering we restarted and you won the game. I was down by 28 or so in that game and cut it down to seven if you recall? I was far from out of it. Yes the connex was my issue. But the first game I gave no thought to letting you restart and not pick up from were it was. Im not cut throat I guess.

Third is im out of this league, I quit my other one due to non sim. To be honest a quarter defense in the second quarter, and your db's moving form jam to soft jam to soft and they look like robots spazzing out is not football... Quarters defense has been an issue esp blitzing the nickel backs... a three man front DOES NOT get a push in football consistantly.

So I am glad you hurried up and reported on the game and didnt give a chance nor the benefit of the doubt like I once gave to you with some time in the third and all of the 4th remaining. On that note thank you everyone I did enjoy the experience I will just stick to the sim football that I like.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Wow. That was one of the most hypocritical things I have heard in a long time. I don't even know were to start.

First It's good that you quit because your game is not up to par. You are totally dependent on a scrambling QB.

I only ran quarter Defense 1/3 of the time. Mostly when you ran 5 wide. The play you are talking about happened once when I couldn't get my guys to do what I wanted.

You thought you could just run around with Newton like people used to do with Mike Vick on Madden 04. The problem was, I am a good play caller.

Your offense is the very definition of NON-SIM. You almost never ran with anyone but Newton. You scrambled around until finding open receivers and when you had to read a defense and make a pocket pass you got sacked. The ONLY way you scored was two long bombs.

The only reason you came back in our first game is because I didn't want to run up the score. I could have easily put up 50 + on you in that game. It took you getting the really easy onside kick. That is almost an exploit because of how easy they are to get. I ran prevent the whole forth quarter and you took advantage of me being nice. That would not have happened this time. I had very little trouble moving the ball on you.

I ran a sim offense that mixed up the plays. Ran and passed. Play action, short throws, long trows, screens. Unlike you I am not a one trick pony. I can actually read a defense. That is why playing guys like you are a waist of time. When me and hotrod played that was a real game.

If you can't counter just a simple qb spy or qb trap defense then you have no business in a sim league.

9. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

lol... qb blast, qb sweep, wild tiger sets, read option.... Sounds like new age football to me

QB's are primary rushers in todays game.

Cam Newton and Denard Robinson enough said.

The reason i flushed the pocket? because you cute 3rd and fourth db blitzes? Spy? no a magical db you take over is not a called spy thats you exploiting the game having 7 dbs on the field.

I have no issues with your offense and frankly I do not respect it what so ever your defense set the game up for you... I have no issues with your offense had two touchdowns on a silver platter... But I am not gonna bash you just gonna call it like I see it I feel you are dirty... not saying you do not know how to call plays or you dont belong, or your skills arent up to par... but I will say you exploit the game to win at all cost and this happened in our game..

10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

Examples of unrealistic QB scrambling include:
    Sprinting backwards and/or to the sidelines off the play action fake. Rolling out with the QB is allowed, however this should be done without sprinting. Faulty AI on the defense causes defenders to break coverage nearly as soon as a QB leaves the pocket while sprinting and as we all know, QB’s throw on the run far more effectively in this game then they should.
    Sprinting backwards during a normal dropback is prohibited.
    Sprinting to the sidelines on a normal pass play that is not designed to be a rollout pass should only occur if there is pressure from the defense or you have waited 2-3 seconds in the pocket and no receivers are open. On a designed rollout pass , a normal rollout should be performed using the non-sprint QB running. If a QB sprints from the pocket, you should run the ball, not sprint out to throw the ball.
    Calling a normal pass play and then immediately running with the QB should be very rare. Using a 1-2 read system with an athletic quarterback and then running is considered sim as long as it is done within reason (i.e., not every single play). Quarterbacks that consistently average over 15 carries per game should be getting at least half of those carries via the option.
    QB Dropbacks: Purposefully dropping too far back in the pocket during regular passing plays is not allowed. Defensive AI doesn't take into account how far back in the pocket the QB is, allowing for wide open out routes and passes into the flats. This includes hitting a WR on said routes on screen plays.

Go read the rules on Defense. Nothing about the quarter.

11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Didn't use a db to spy. It was a LB. Number 31 on my team is a LB. Look it up.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I got no problem with you running a lot with a quarter back. Just don't get mad when I stop it. You just want to run four and 5 wides and scramble in the open field against slow D-Lineman and call it an offense. Again, qb trap, qb spy (with a LB, not a DB) and qb contain all not blitzes. If you can't beat the blitz then you can't play qb anyway. You had guys open you were just too depended on running with the qb. I want to have fun. Every other game win or lose has been. I lost in the National championship and had a great time. Me and hotrod had a classic game. We both are sim players. If your a one trick pony you will be exposed.

Tell me what you would have done? Let me scramble all game? Yes real team run with a qb. but to say its what everybody does is crazy. When Michigan plays against a real defense that is focused on just stopping he will have to pass. He passes a lot out of the pocket when he has too.

13. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Ok guys, time for me to step in, any complaints you take it to the commish. Don't argue on the boards.

14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's true. Sorry about that.

15. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

I had a restart in my game tonight. I was leading 14-10 just before half and I threw up a bomb to see if I could get a score before half. The ball was tipped by like three players before falling incomplete. When it fell to the ground, it just kept spinning in place and halftime would not start. After about 10 minutes of waiting I had to start over.