Official Season 3 Commitment Thread

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by niuhuskie224, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Gentleman

Welcome to the official season 3 commitment thread. Below I will detail what we have in store for Season 3, Season 4 and other tournaments before the end of the FIFA 13 release. Also, we will discuss what we are looking at for FIFA 14.

Season 3

We will also be running on all manual. There just isn't enough of a push for a semi league.

Also, for Season 3, we will be removing promotion and relegation. I know for some of you, this is a bit disappointing, but understand this decision did not come easily. I reviewed many seasons of FIFA and found that we have a number of people drop that end up causing us to not fulfill a true promotion or relegation type of league.

Instead, we will be reviewing all members that confirm that they will be in for Season 3, and put people in league based on schedules, skill level, and league interest. Something we are also kicking around is having the leagues split up into all EPL, and all La Liga, or all something else. We have discussed making a lower skill level league that will use 4.5 and 5 star teams only. This will allow members playing manual to have teams that will make manual a bit easier for them. The more seasoned league will be 3 or 3.5 star teams to increase the challenge level.

We need you to commit by Wednesday February 20 as we will be starting a team draft soon after that and looking to start league play of Wednesday, February 27.

So below, when you confirm, please include the following information

Top 3 League Preferences (What leagues would you prefer to play with)

Schedule (When can you play? Nights, weekends, daytime)

Manual Skill Level (On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being completely comfortable and skillful, and 1 being you need a ton of work).

Experimental League

I know we have talked some about this on the boards and haven't released a ton of info, but myself and Michael Woodward are taking on a massive project. We are going to try to create a full league with budgets, and transfers, and all other goodies that will put FIFA on par with the NCAA and Madden leagues of this site.

This is something we are going to play with for the duration of FIFA 13. We are making this a limited league that will be by invitation only. There will be an application process and we will be selecting an undetermined number of members to create this with us. We are looking for a large variety of members. We want some members that know a ton about soccer, some that no only a little, some that are excellent and some that struggle with manual controls.

Just because you don't know a ton about soccer or aren't very good doesn't mean you shouldn't apply. We want a variety of players so we can see how this is going to work and if it can be something all members of the TFL can do with FIFA 14.

I will release an application on February 21 and we will have an application cutoff date of February 28. People will be informed on March 1 and we will start building from there. Michael and I are laying the ground work and once we have that, will bring everyone in that league to the table to discuss where we go from there.

If this is something that interest you, be sure to stick around the forums for the application and more info.

Another Tournament

The success of the World Cup has us thinking of going with another tournament between seasons 3 and 4. There isn't a final determination on what it will be but something similar to the Champions League may be on deck during the month of May.

FIFA 14

I hope that all of you choose to stick around for FIFA 14. I know that there not being a connected careers for FIFA 14 is a big blow to many of us, but we anticipate having even more to offer for FIFA 14. I want to see us get off the ground running and hope we can sustain some great play for the rest of this release to take us into 2014.

See you on the pitch.

Scott

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Please tag anyone else I may have missed.

5. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

I am here to confirm my participation.

Manual level: No idea, lets say a 5-7?
    My Schedule: Free to play every day from 3-5 pm till 3 am CST. Except Tuesdays and Thursdays (Available from 1 am only).
    League: Dont really care, just wanna play. :)

I am up for all the rest too.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Top 3 League Preferences: Barclays Premiere League, after that don't really care.

Schedule: School gets over at the end of the month for me basically (until then I am free all afternoon) but after that I will be workin the normal 8-5 or 6 and once the season picks up I will be very busy, but will have time for games I'm sure.

Manual Skill Level: 6 or 7 I spose.

7. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Out

HAHA Jk.

I think you know where I'm at skill level wise.
    My schedule is pretty open in the evenings most times.
    My league choices would be EPL, Ligue 1 and then Seria A or Bundesliga or Russian League. La Liga doesn't interest me too much.

8. Connor

Connor Walk On

I don't have enough time any more for this. Plus my lag is no fun for anybody. Sorry, wish I could keep playing.
    Let me know when there is another tournament though.

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Top 3 League Preferences -Bundesliga, France top league, Russia

Schedule - Weekdays 6 PM - 9 PM EST. Weekends - afternoon & evening

Manual Skill Level - 5 or so

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  11. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

i'm in and as far league, i think epl would be cool or even a lower rated league could be fun

my manual skill is average i'd a 4 or 5

i am abale to week nights between 830 pm and 11 pm eastern. Weekends almost anytime, also depending on if the penguins are playing and if i have nhl games scheduled.

2 question though, how is the draft order to be determined? and a tenative start date? sorry if either question has been answered previously.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Im out.

13. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

In

Npower Championship (1 step down from the EPL), Liga MX (Mexican league), or MLS

Skill wise I think I'll be ok.

Schedule nights mostly after 730pm est, and some weekends.

14. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Also would be on with Eredivisie (Dutch pro league)

15. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'm in for season 3.

League choice: Australian, League 1 (French), Serie A, Bundesliga

Schedule: Mon, Wed from 6pm-11pm EST; weekends if pre-scheduled

Manual level: i'd say 3-4, comfortable enough but not nearly skilled enough to compete regularly - would prefer a league with other 'play FIFA for league games and not much else/fringe soccer fans'

also, not interested in experimental league...

16. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Brilliant news. :D

Top 3 League Preferences (What leagues would you prefer to play with)

1. Bundesliga - probably the most well rounded league in terms of teams being on a level playing field

2. Brazilian league - lots of skill move players :D would be fun and plus the players are less familiar which would make things more interesting

3. Premier league - for the fact that it's the opposite to my second choice. Everyone knows it, and therefore it will aid the comfort level of those who aren't the most ardent of football fans and just want to contribute towards a great community.

Schedule (When can you play? Nights, weekends, daytime)

Weeknights anywhere between 4pm and 9pm give or take. Weekends, completely open, again give or take.

Manual Skill Level (On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being completely comfortable and skillful, and 1 being you need a ton of work).

I'd probably say about 7. While i am completely comfortable with the controls, i still have many general areas that need to be worked on.

This is a brilliant idea. Is the non-inclusion of connected careers conclusive for 14?

CL and Europa would be great.

Just have to say that, since coming to this site and somewhat finding it difficult to get used to at first. I am very gald i came. Brilliantly organized and the ambition to enhance every aspect of the leagues is inspiring.

Thanks for having me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

In for season 3 (y)

Top 3 League Preferences : EPL , Serie A .... only two I have watched lol

Schedule : nights, anytime 8pm on

Manual Skill Level : -7 ? :( .... Hard to say, maybe 3-4 I guess, I feel ok with Brazil in the cup but they are pretty stacked so I might be more like a 1-2

Experimental league I could possibly be interested in if I have the time, I am not great at the game nor do I know much about the players / transactions that occur in soccer so I would be a bit of a n00b

18. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

It looks bleak, we expect no but we have no game changers for FIFA, only madden.

Noted. We are looking at a few options. I think the custom World Cup tounrney roster worked.

Thanks for sticking around, I appreciate it.

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

The last heard from Shaun Mason was that There was for sure no CC coming. They have ultimate team and will ride that.

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I never said that. I said I wouldn't expect it, but I don't have any more information than you about FIFA.

21. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

What is the advance schedule? That will impact certain members decisions.

22. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

Im in

Top 3 Leagues: Premiere League, French league 1, Italian top league

Manual skill level: I guess id say somewhere in the middle 5 or 6 at the highest.

Schedule: available during day from 11 am est -1 pm est (also some days during the afternoon up until 6 est). all nights from about 1045 est to 2am est

23. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I think Ligue 1 is probably the most rounded league as you have had all sorts of teams winning it lately, Montpellier, Bordeaux, Lille.....I'd say the German league is probably next after that (dominated by Bayern and Dortmund).

Almost everyone that I have heard mention connected careers has said that the Fifa developers are not doing it even though the similar modes for NCAA and Madden are the most popular modes and the reason most people buy those games these days.

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I thought you had said something before but perhaps it was someone else. Either way, it looks bleak.

25. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

2 Games per week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.