Official Tradition CCs & Tour FAQ

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    ATTN.: This needs a serious update and overhaul.For up to the minute settings and info refer to The Official TCCT Rules,Settings and Info tread

Welcome to the the TSO Country Clubs & Tour,we are thrilled to have you at our community!!!

Use this tread to post any questions,about our Tour. Due to the major changes EA implemented in the game this year,we are still working out all the details and logistics,but here is what we know so far:

*We are cross platform Tour,so you are welcome no matter if you play on PS3 or X360.

*Our first season will have 12 weekly Tournaments with 4 Majors and a match play events.Our schedule can be found here

*We will use the Country Clubs Feature for gameplay and then combine the scores between our XBOX and PS3 CCs, as well as any offsite CCs who would like to join our Tour.

*The existing CCs so far are Bushwood at Traditions Sports (360) and The Tradition CC at Tradition Sports (PS3).Reply in those treads and we will send you the password to join

*More Country Clubs will be created if the initial two reach the 25 members capacity

*We will run a lot of our tournaments Pro-Am style(think the AT&T at Pebble Beach).What this means is we'll try to implement some handicap system,which will allow players to compete on some level.For more details on how it will work go here

*We'll be playing on Tour Pro or hybrid between Tour Pro and Tournament.We will determine the exact settings,once we have a chance to test how every level plays.We'll also try to find the best balance between realistic scores and gameplay that is enjoyable for most of our members.

*We'll play using our own CAGs.Limitations about their attributes (if any) also will be determined later on.

*The caddy option will always be OFF!!! Pins also most likely will be disabled

More information will be revealed as we go,but meanwhile fire away any questions you may have,and also don't forget to check our other great leagues.

Vlad

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. Noles1724

Noles1724 Walk On

very excited about joining this community/tour with sim players. One question, how does the following work?

We are cross platform Tour,so you are welcome no matter if you play on PS3 or X360.

do the players have to manually submit their scores? Who tracks it?

ok so technically that's two questions.

Thanks

3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    This is correct either one. Bushwood for 360,the tradition for ps3

You do not have to submit your score,as it will be done trough the tournaments with the country clubs.We'll setup same conditions weekly tournaments for every country club and combine the scores.Then we'll use a spreadsheet for combined standings and track it here on the site. It will look something like this .We will also use those same scores and have a second spreadsheet for standings including handicaps.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  4. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Just a question.

What difficulty setting is considered the norm for you seasoned vets out there. Want to give my self a challenge off the bat, also, what settings will we be using for tournies? Might be posted somewhere but I missed it. Anyways thanks.

5. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

County... It will either be Tour Pro or Tournament, or a mix in between the two. We are going to run test settings in the CC's next week and see what people prefer, and also what settings create the most Simulation type atmosphere.

6. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Thanks man!

Gonna start my CAG on Tour Pro and see how it goes. (that is as soon as my ps3 installs it, been an hour now)

7. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Tour pro is the best place to start....I think if we make any modifications it will be Tour Pro settings with the swing meter turned off......based on last year that is....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I don't think we should start any harder or further along than where we left of last year. If everyone starts shooting ridiculously low then perhaps reassess.

9. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    We gonna look at numbers of how everyone is doung, but most likely : Advanced or expert swing + swing meter on

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

How do I legally make my guy better? I noticed in the daily tournament that I did on the PS3 Yesterday that I was averaging 219 yards and drive and a few were avg. 290.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Boooo

12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I guess you will just be running away with all the tourney's then Keller. We're playing for second ya'll

13. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    #1 this is old
    #2 we'll make it in order to accomodate as many players possible,not what Vlad & Keller like
    #3 we'll also have a poll to help us gauge who prefers what sometimes next week

so hold your horses bub.

14. Keller

#1 I love you.
    #2 ????
    #3 Profit?

15. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    #2 As far as I want to play the most challenging level out there,I don't want to see majority of people leaving after the first 2 rounds,cause they can not break 90 and being miserable.With thousands of CCs out there people will opt to go find a place that fit them better,and will be left with the 10 hardcore TW players here
    Think about this way if I join a NCAA league (which I've never played) and jump straight to Heisman I'll be fuming the first time I loose to the CPU 42-6.

#3 I'm democratic tyrant,so I want to hear what my people want before chop their heads off

16. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm down for what ever the majority decides. I already know I'm going to be working for top 15's and 10's. Winning isn't going to happen this year (actually, it never did last year either). But here is my issue with the no swing meter. Well first, if we could have no swing meter, but a meter for putting I'd be fine. For me at least, maybe there is some jedi trick I don't know about, without a putting meter there is no way to accurately judge the putt swing. Whether I have the camera behind, to the side; the movement is so subtle I just can't judge it. I guess it's just a feel thing, but without a way to accurately judge my swing to the meter when it's on, the "feel" isn't developing for me. As far as full swings go, not problem, very easy to judge back swing......anyway, that is my 2 cents.

*end ramble*

Oops, I'm just going to take this post where it belongs......

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    To furter expand my explanation looking at yesterday numbers form my cc - expert swing,meter on (although a small sample)

Players total 13
    Winner -7
    Last place +37

60's rounds - 3
    70's rounds -6
    80's rounds 1
    100's 2

par or better 5/13

This is the kind of stuff we'll be looking for.And then will also ask for prefered settings and take it from there

18. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Agree with this.I'm using the hit and pray I hit it close to what I need to method.

19. Keller

Jedi Trick for Putting:

***edited out***

F you I'm not giving away my secrets!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Keller

I'll give you guys a hint at least for how I do it.

Aim at 15 ft and pull the putter all the way back, at the same speed you would normally.

Aim at 60 or 100 or whatever long distance and pull the putter all the way back, at the same speed you would normally.

Notice a difference? Of course you do. Work with that.

21. Noles1724

Noles1724 Walk On

so what I hope I'm hearing is that my +18 through two rds for the TPC in Brushwood may not be the norm for me once we replace the putting meter? :) A perfect world/game would be to disable to swing meter put leave the putting in place.

I agree though with the thought of not being able to judge the putting. I would practice 30 or 40 strokes and I swear several times I received a different back stroke result when the takeaway was exactly the same.

22. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Of course I do, but it's the tweener putts the require a subtle change in my swing that kill me -- because the putt swing animation is so SUBTLE, I can't judge the tweeners. Hence, I won't score well......

23. Keller

Edit - too much info!

Double edit - I'm going to stop acting like I know something you guys don't, lol.

24. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Can't do.They are connected :(

25. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I have a plan, should the "no swing meter" movement actually get implemented, I'm just going to hit EVERYTHING inside 5 feet. BOOM. Done. No more putting worries.