Official TSO NFL Mock Draft (2013)

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by I Peench, Mar 19, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

1. Kansas City Chiefs - soxandgators
    Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - bawvu97
    Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU

3. Oakland Raiders - Raidernation
    Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

4. Philadelphia Eagles - CalebMackie
    Eric Fisher, OT, CMU

5. Detroit Lions - HovaTheGodMC
    Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU

6. Cleveland Browns - Baron
    Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

7. Arizona Cardinals - Colemanchu
    Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida

8. Buffalo Bills - Keller
    Geno Smith, QB, WVU

9. New York Jets - PAPER R1VAL
    Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

10. Tennessee Titans - BigSmooth33
    Jonathon Cooper, G, UNC

11. San Diego Chargers - Bulldog
    Jonathon Banks, CB, Miss St

12. Miami Dolphins - LSUTRUTH
    Blidi Wreh Wilson, CB, Connecticut

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bucs
    Jarvis Jones, OLB, UGA

14. Carolina Panthers - krtgolfing
    Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou

15. New Orleans Saints - ThaBayouChef
    Star Lotuleilie, DT, Utah

16. St. Louis Rams - BRUCE80
    Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - JohnnyClutch
    Barkevious Mingo, OLB , LSU

18. Dallas Cowboys - cadepetty247
    Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

19. New York Giants - I Peench
    Alec Ogletree, MLB, UGA

20. Chicago Bears - Gravity
    Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas St.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - UofCWildcat
    Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

22. St. Louis Rams - BRUCE80
    Lane Johnson, OT, OU

23. Minnesota Vikings - CHUNKNESS
    Cordarelle Patterson, WR, TENN

24. Indianapolis Colts - TheRealHalupka
    Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, FSU

25. Minnesota Vikings - CHUNKNESS
    Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame

26. Green Bay Packers - Colemanchu
    Matt Elam, S, Florida

27. Houston Texans - pitt4life21
    DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

28. Denver Broncos - Automatik
    Damontre Moore, DE, TAMU

29. New England Patriots - Michael Overman
    Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

30. Atlanta Falcons - antcap24
    Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

31. San Francisco 49ers - biggcoug65
    Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

32. Baltimore Ravens - Papa Perry
    Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I Peench

Officially kicking this off today guys. Clock will run exactly 24 hours, but I expect most of us will get picks in right away. Please include a brief description of why you drafting the player you did, how he'll fit in year one, and a picture. WHEN YOU SELECT PLEASE TAG THE NEXT GUY UP!

soxandgators
    Colemanchu
    bawvu97
    Raidernation
    CalebMackie
    HovaTheGodMC
    Baron
    Keller
    PAPER R1VAL
    BigSmooth33
    LSUTRUTH
    Bucs
    krtgolfing
    ThaBayouChef
    BRUCE80
    JohnnyClutch
    cadepetty247
    Gravity
    UofCWildcat
    CHUNKNESS
    TheRealHalupka
    Bulldog
    pitt4life21
    Automatik
    Michael Overman
    antcap24
    biggcoug65
    Papa Perry

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  3. I Peench

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Sweet starting my write up now

• Like Like x 1
  6. soxandgators

Just lost 45 mins of work as my browser closed on my mis click . Starting it over now

7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

8. soxandgators

Chiefs key additions and loses by group breakdown
    1.Quarterback....Adding Alex Smith was a must. He is now a veteren in the league and should be in the prime of his career as he is about to be 29. He has had multiple offensive coordinators and lots of media attention throughout his career so coming to Kansas City for a fresh start will feel like a relief to him.His last 4 seasons he had over 9,000 yards 62 touchdowns and 32 interceptions. Andy Reid loves to chuck the ball and play action so these numbers should inflate and being he is a smart kid with the football should actually thrive in the Reid system. I also like the Chase Daniels add for the Chiefs. He might just be a true sleeper at a cheap rate.
    [​IMG]
    2. Secondary.....Adding both Sean Smith (vs the cap the chiefs got pretty cheap if i might add) and Dunta Robinson is a massive step up for this team. Outside of Flowers and Berry the secondary was pure garbage last yr. Stanford Routt was used and abused like a Netherlands brothel whore. Both Smith and Dunta are weak in man coverage Smith a little better but both below league average imo. What they do offer is excellent reading ability and coverage in zone. They seem to excel in the lay and prey mold and both tackle well for what is going to be lots of zone work for them. This will allow Flowers to take the best wr away and let Berry roam and hunt like a true beast should.
    [​IMG]
    3. Defensive line.....This is where i see a huge telling sign. The linebackers are all set 3 of the 4 made the pro bowl and both pass rushers were in that 3. So being in a true 3-4 there is one thing to do get block eaters and run stoppers up front. Powe came around some late in the yr once he grapsed he wont be used to rush the QB but to take on double teams all yr. And Tyson Jackson taking a big paycut showed his willingness to prove he is a worthy defnsive end and his loyalty to this team in doing it. Losing Dorsey is a huge weight off the chiefs as he was just awfull every yr with almost zero production. So the telling thing to me is why only add Mike Devito who is a hybrid tackle slash de in 3-4 that eats the run and eats up blockers. That the chiefs see some guys in the draft who they know they can get and they feel will be immediate help in a rotation substitution setup. As Reid did in Philly i will anticipate a lot of defensive linemen taken by the chiefs this draft and more asked to tryout as rookie free agents after the draft. HE ran a 9 man rotation in Philly so anything in the 7-9 range is possible.
    [​IMG]
    4. Offensive line..... A few things happened this offseason i was surprised about that is also as telling as the dline was. First the cutting of Eric Winston was a had to be done proposition. It free'd up so much cap space in order to franchise or resign Albert to a long term deal. Winston is such a good RT in the zone blocking scheme and seeing the season Charles had he was a huge part of that success. Greatly missed he will be for sure. Now onto Albert who is puzzling me. Right out ofVirginia where he was the best guard in the country he was weary of being a LT then thrived at it as a top 5 in the nfl player. So he was asked to hybrid being he might be asked to move to Guard or to RT based on offseason moves and the draft. So in response he turns down a long term deal and shuts down his twitter account because too many chiefs fans are asking him why he isn't willing to do these things he knows he is already great at. (Greed imo) He knows what LT money is worth and he just signed a tender to receive that 10 mill tag this week. So all signs point to a trade this week for him and being he is a top 5 tackle and looking for a deal that promises only LT work there will be many suitors to trade with. Expecting at least one 2nd rounder in return this move has become a must for the Chiefs nation to get done at this point. Losing Lilja to retirement and adding Schwartz from Minnesota is a wash. Looking for the Chiefs to make the first two picks in the draft Tackles. Basing it on the fact that Albert is traded.
    [​IMG]
    5.Final Thoughts.....The resigning of Bowe was a big move in the confidence of the new administration in KC. Adding Donnie Avery to run around with Mccluster has some upside as well. The addition of Fasano over the injury prone Boss is also a step up. Most of what the chiefs did wasnt ground breaking stuff. But it has filled needs that were due and the guys they got to do it arent pro bowl names but guys tried and true in production. And all that coming from 0 production at these spots last yr is a big plus. They added all this for very cheap there production for the dollar this season should be huge.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Draft prediction.....No matter if the Chiefs trade Albert or not the first pick is coming from the Tackle position. I do believe that Geno Smith has created enough hype now with his pro day that the Chiefs will be trading outta the top spot. 4 NFL teams are very interested in Smith (Jags at 2,Radiers at 3,Eagles at 4,and the Browns at 6)and one is for sure going to step up and take him giving the chiefs the much needed fire power with extra draft picks. In a draft I feel is not worthy of that top pick as a slam dunk. The value is so big at that top pick and the Chiefs are about to strike gold in trading it. But for this threads mock there will be no trades and the first pick will be

Kansas City Chiefs #1 overall pick
    [​IMG]
    Luke Joekel.....Texas A@M LT is very intelligent and has a good head on his shoulders. Has a high work ethic and technically is as sound as they come out of the draft at his position the last decade. He possesses great balance and foot work for a LT.And his only weakness is likely his strength. Small weakness when NFL coaches feel they can always improve that part of players. The hardest thing to teach is the attributes to work hard and leadership ability. With his technique already sound and all the other positive factors he possesses it is a no brainer who the best player in this draft is. Lots of guys are making noise climbing the charts and yes I still feel there is no clear cut cant miss player. But this kid has the things in place to be considered the safest top pick this draft has to offer.

• Like Like x 4
  9. soxandgators

• Like Like x 1
  10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Jacksonville Jaguars

[​IMG]

The Jags had their worst year in franchise history last year finishing 2 - 14. There is no RGIII or Andy Luck this year and the jags have some serious holes to fill. I will pick the first few areas I think they need help with.

1.) Defensive End - JJ Watt had more sacks last year than the whole Jaguars defense. The Jags got virtually no pressure all season until they picked up Babin off of the waiver wire. He will be around for this year but is getting up there in age. On the other side, it was a rotating door with Chick, Austin Lane, Andre Branch (2nd Rd Pick in '12 draft), George Selvie. They need help on the front 4 before they can think about having an effective backfield

2.) Corner Back - This was a revolving door in 2012 with Derek Cox's medical issues, Rashean Mathis' age, and general lack of experience

3.) Quarterback - Blaine Gabbert has impressed almost no one. But he has a few more targets with the development of Cecil Shorts going into year # 3 and Blackmon going into year # 2. Blaine is still one of the youngest QB's in the league.

4.) MLB - Daryl Smith is getting up there in age. I don't see them giving him much of a contract so they might need a replacement but I don't think there is MLB worthy of a # 2 overall especially with the new GM and Khan's son who is an engineer by education and makes data driven solutions

5.)Trade Back

Verdict

I think the Jaguars are going to pickup Ziggy Ansah out of BYU as a DE. The guy is huge and fast. They need to generate pressure upfront. I see him and Branch Starting with Babin playing in 2nd and 3rd down like he did last year. Comparisons have been made here locally of Ansah to JPP in terms of athleticism along with the risk of limited collegiate experience.

[​IMG]

Why I don't think they will pick the following positions at 2

1. CB - No one really has that ah hah factor IMHO. If the jags continue to give QB's like Luck and Schaub time in the division they will get shredded no matter how good of a QB he is

2.) QB - They are not going to give up on Gabbert yet. He will have to compete for a job but I don't see them picking up Geno since he is likely to be as unpolished as Gabbert. I think the Jags travelled to Morgantown just because many other teams did and maybe to generate interest in moving up. On the flipside, Gabbert was not brought in by the current GM (Caldwell).

3.) MLB - As I mentioned above, there is no MLB worthy of # 2 overall.

4.) Trading Back - The jags would love to but there is not a "have to have" guy at 1, 2 or 3 where teams are aching to move up IMHO.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I Peench

Raidernation on the clock. Please continue to tag the next guy up :)

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    OOps sorry big guy

13. soxandgators

Do they continue to take the fastest combine guy ?

14. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

[​IMG]
    Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 11.29.19 PM.png
    After a disappointing season the Raiders look for answers on both sides of the ball, with little cap space, ($7.8m) that’s going to be even harder going into the 2013 offseason. After losing Richard Seymour, Phillip Wheeler, Desmond Bryant, Matt Shaughnessy and Michael Huff to name a few, its easy to see the Raiders will need to go defense in this years draft.

With weaknesses all over its tough to pick a spot for an immediate impact player because frankly, anyone would do, that’s why this years 3rd overall pick in the 2013 draft will be Dee Milliner cornerback of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 11.21.22 PM.png

With his speed and measurables he’s the number one CB in this years draft and some would say the top defenseman in this draft class. His speed and skill set will add to an already lackluster pass defense. His stats from last year prove not only that he’ll be the top DB on this raiders squad; but he would have been the top DB on this Oakland team last season.

Combine Numbers
    Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 11.03.33 PM.png
    Career Stats
    Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 11.03.17 PM.png
    How he measures up against Fellow Raiders last season
    Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 11.06.30 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

CalebMackie and The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

It's no surprise to anyone that the Philadelphia Eagles dropped a load of players this off season due to the known fact that they are currently rebuilding. However, the fact that they are more than likely switching to a 3-4 defense has definitely surprised many people. Many would argue that it is not set in stone but after they acquired free agents such as Isaac Sopaoga, Connor Barwin, and Patrick Chung, it is pretty clear that they are moving to the 34. Over the course of this free agency, the Eagles signed seven defensive players that are all filling huge holes within the teams needs. This is something that was not very characteristic of the organization while Reid was coaching so there is definitely something to be excited about here for an Eagles fan.

Some of the main concerns of the Eagles post free agency are QB/DE/LB (Pass rushers) and some more stability at the O Line. I spent a lot of time thinking about this pick and what would be the best possible player for this organization. I looked at Geno Smith quite a bit but his inconsistencies have me quite concerned. I spent a lot of time looking at pass rushers, more LBs than anything else and I just wasn't impressed with the LB's either. I think if the Eagles don't take Geno Smith (which I hope so much that they don't) they will absolutely go with Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

[​IMG]

At 6'7 and 302 lbs it's safe to say that Eric Fisher is a solid pick up for the Eagles especially seeing how Jason Peters career is still up in the air. He will resolidify that franchise Tackle spot for the Eagles and based off of his quick progress from these last couple of months he appears extremely easy to coach and would be an instant starter for the Eagles. This would fill another gaping hole on the Eagles football team. He may not be a Geno Smith but we know what we're getting with him and coach Kelly has expressed that Vick will be given a fair chance. I have complete faith that by picking Eric Fisher up the Eagles become a much more stable football team. Having a solid line will really give a true test of what we have with the Vick/Foles controversy.

Sorry in advance for grammatical mistakes. My comma key stopped working about 3/4 way into this right up

• Like Like x 4
  17. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

HovaTheGodMC and the Detroit Lions are now on the clock!

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

With the gain of Reggie Bush the Lions have replaced the high speed threat lost with Jahvid Best who will pry be forced to retire. The Lions have a need on the offensive lion after losing G Cherilus to the Colts and LT Jeff Backus to retirement. However the top 2 tackles in the draft have been taken so that will not be an option at this point. We do have Jason Fox and Corey Hilliard who could potentially take those roles along with last years first round pick Rieff who will be starting for sure in 2013. On defense we shored up the secondary with the resigning of Houston and Delmas the the free agent signing of S Quin from the Texans. With the best corner on the board gone look for them to skip secondary at this point as well. We also have a whole at LB after losing Durant but that may be replaced by LB Ashlee Palmer. This leaves the last glaring need for the Detroit Lions and that is DEs. We lost vandenboesch and avril to free agency this year and only have one other potential starting DE in Willie Young. With Ansah being off the board look for the lions to take the next best 4-3 DE and that would be DE Bjoern Werner out of FSU.

Bjoern-Werner-rush-Murray-USP.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You guys actually finish the first round before the draft and I'll clean it up and put it on the front page.

• Like Like x 4
  21. I Peench

22. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]
    The Browns have actually made a splash this offseason, signing some quality LBers for Ray Horton's new 3-4 defense. ​
    [​IMG]
    Paul Kruger, paired with Jabaal Sheard and Quentin Groves, the Browns have fulfilled their primary need for a pass-rushing OLB. Desmond Bryant also gives the Browns a glut of quality Defensive Linemen. However, this draft has not gone the way the Browns have hoped. With Ziggy Ansah and Dee Milliner off the board, the Browns don't have a lot of great options here at #6 to fill a gaping need. The Browns aren't sold that WVU QB Geno Smith is a significant enough upgrade over Brandon Weeden to warrant taking him here.​
    But the Browns did land arguably the best pure talent in the draft in...​
    [​IMG]
    OG Chance Warmack.​
    With the pick, the Browns have cemented having, arguably, the best young offensive line in the NFL. Warmack provides that push and athleticism between Alex Mack and Joe Thomas that has been lacking with their guard by committee. Trent Richardson has to be the happiest player with this pick. ​
    @Colemanchu is next. ​
    Also, fuck I Peench

• Like Like x 2
  23. I Peench

Baron took Warmack.

"I'm shocked" - Said no one, ever. Way to mix it up, stud.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Hey, Milliner and Anzah were both gone, what the fuck you want out of me?

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

[​IMG]

The Arizona Cardinal's come into the draft hoping to snag one of the two highly touted offensive tackles to protect new franchise quarterback Drew Stantons blind side. Unfortunately for the Red Bird's both went top 5 leaving the new coach and GM scrambling for my phone number.

After convincing them that trading their pick and Patrick Peterson to the Eagles for Nick Foles is a bad idea we got to work on the draft board. Pulling intriguing names off such as Jarvis Jones who could be the pass rusher the teams needs at outside backer and Geno Smith who would fit in great with the teams illustrious history of picking great quarterbacks in the draft.

The strength of the Cardinal's team the past few years has been their defense and the depth of this draft will allow them to make moves that can help them move into an elite status. With Ray Horton being replaced by new defensive coordinator Todd Boles the team will be moving towards a 4-3 style of defense and will need to get more athletic along the defensive line. The man for the job is Florida DT Sharrif Floyd who combines the speed and power needed to play next to Darnell Docket on the interior of the line and even move outside when running some 3-4 hybrid game. Plus he love's burrito's and stuff.

[​IMG]
    @keller​

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 2